Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Roflcopter's Gallery

Studying Transportation Design at the University of Northumbria and whilst researching for a project came across the forum, thought i might as well get some work out there for people to view.

http://www.openfolio.com/users/ritchiemalcolm

Thats the url if anyone wants to give it a look, feedback is welcome, as long as its reasoned.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:00 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Some of these projects are excellent! I'm sure impressed. There are however a few mistakes: That interiiour project is slightly out of perspective, as it goes in too close to the passenger seat on the far side. The Fiat SUV is pretty cool; the rear wheel seems to be turning too, but other than that it looks amazing.

Your skills are excellent. BTW, could you tell me a little more about the career you're studying? I'm off to Australia in a few days and I'l study Industrial Design there in 2006. I would very much like to know if the career is oriented to manual sketching, or rather it's more computer work, or 50/50. Anything that you could tell me about it would be appreciated. thanks a lot and Congrats again on your projects. Once again, despite minor mistakes, they're fantastic

Oh and welcome to the forums, enjoy!

- Superfresa -

Old 07-29-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: (Superfresa)

The course generally is more oreintated toward manual skills, as there will always be a need for basic draughting in a design context, however we do get a couple of hours a week regarding Photoshop usage, Ashlar Vellum and Alias Wavefront programs, as well as being required to photoshop a lot of presentation boards and the like, just to give them a more finished look.

The Pics on my site arent too good, and the format of the actual site kind of takes away from the finished works, but that should get sorted next semester.

In the next 3 months im hopefully going to be away in Italy visiting Fiat Centro Stile, as the SUV based project that we ran was commended by a member of the Fiat design team, our University has very close links with them as my lecturer, Matteo Conti, is a former Alfa and Fiat Commercial vehicle designer.

The next project we do is actually a collaboration between Fiat and ourselves, so ill keep you posted on the outcomes, still got a month and a half of holidays to go though.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Cool, thanks for the info. Hopefully the career in Australia is pretty much the same (and over all, hope they've got contacts with car manufacturers too!)