There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

knihc2008 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to knihc2008
Default JC Virt

Monday, September 10, 2007: The new JC Virt is a vehicle that truly matches its namesake: Artful, vicious, flexible, and, most importantly, powerful.Artful: Stunning style expected from a JC vehicle.
The Virt takes JC design to the next level. As the company's midsize, BMW 5 series and Mercedes E-class competitor, the Virt is the more elegant, detailed and polished big brother of the brutal Vurig. The brutality of the Vurig, Voltaire and Vendetta are toned down, with smooth, overlapping waveform lines while still staying true to JC's sporting persona. From the flowing lines to the graceful, coupe-like silhouette, the Virt drips art.
The front shows an aggressive face, with a strong trademark JC T-grille finished in brushed aluminum, flanked by squinting, angry headlamps and large, gaping grilles. Like the Vendetta, the wheel arches reach a peak between the hood and the wheel well, setting motion the rest of the design. Side graphics keep the Virt looking dynamic yet fluid. The brushed aluminum piece lining the greenhouse is especially nice; it flows around the window and meets the rear view mirror, which hangs from the brushed aluminum piece. A side-turn marker is integrated at this point. That isn't the only design surprise the brushed aluminum surround hides; the boomerang section of the rear door piece doubles as a door handle. The side windows taper slightly inwards to allow the hand to fit underneath this section, to open the rear door. This allows the vehicle to look like a two door coupe, delightfully surprising rear seat passengers with a seamless integration of two rear doors. JC design at its finest.
At rear, trademark JC upturned-triangle taillamps flank a beautiful, simple, yet powerful rear end. The taillamps, like the headlamps, have intricate details, with LED lights and waveforms giving the Virt a night presence all its own.
Inside, the Virt gets an all new interior, not shared with any other JC.
Vicious: JC performance at its very best.
A JC would not be a JC without serious racing stripes. The Virt is no different. Based on a stretched platform based from the Vurig, the Virt is no stranger to excellent performance. Like all JC's, the Virt comes standard with an advanced all-wheel-drive system to help put the power to the floor. Unlike other JC's, however, the Virt employs exotic aluminum/magnesium composite metals for the suspension and other pieces, to bring the weight of the midsize vehicle down. It weighs in at 3300 pounds, the lightest car in its class by far, and it shows, with amazing agility and response.
The base Virt is equipped with the updated 3.3 liter I-6 debuted in the Vendetta and making its way into the Voltaire and Vurig this year. It delivers 300 horsepower and 280 ft. lb of torque, propelling this lightweight midsize sedan to 60 in just under 6 seconds. If that isn't quick enough, the Virt can also be equipped with JC's all new 4.4 liter V8, churning out 380 horsepower, and propelling the Virt to 60 in under 5 seconds. Vicious performance, indeed.
Flexible: The most cargo-friendly vehicle in its class.
Despite the Virt's light weight, sporting pretensions and coupe-like greenhouse, it is surprisingly generous with interior space. Passenger room in all dimensions for all five seats are above the class averages, but the real dealbreaker is the Virt's immense trunk. The Virt is the only hatchback in its class, which allows for a larger, more usable trunk. Whether the seats are folded up or down, the Virt has the largest trunk space in its class, made all the more usable with the hatchback configuration.
Poweful: The Virt asserts its position at the top of the class this Winter.
The Virt goes on sale this winter as the fastest, best handling and most spacious midsize luxury sedan. It will clearly make a powerful statement against competitors in the same class.
In addition to the performance and design highlighted, the Virt comes standard with a fantastic feature list, including bi-Xenon headlamps, navigation, bluetooth, voice activation, and others. Starting at $43,000, the Virt represents everything JC stands for, and more.

Enjoy! As always, comments are very appreciated.

Modified by knihc2008 at 1:30 AM 9/12/2007

Modified by knihc2008 at 7:41 AM 9/12/2007

JC

Last edited by knihc2008; 12-12-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

Bob! is on a distinguished road

Gorgous name fore a gorgous design. As usual, Lovely penwork
Old 09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

wow, so many awesome little details to complement you for and i don't know where to start. the light detailling is genius as always, it really sets this car apart. the bulging wheel wells make this car look ready to pounce, befitting its nature i suppose. interestingly my montgomery grand legend, which will be out in the next few days, has a very similar character line (with the crease bulging over the rear wheel).

the mirrors are brilliant, a very concept-car but probably feasible touch. and the idea for the rear door handle is inspired. i was going to say the DLO was too BMW but the kink is necessary for the handle to work. i wonder, though, how intuitive it would be to have a sliver of chrome like that as a door handle. still, a creative triumph.

all in all a car more than capable of standing alongside your other designs. fantastic work as always

on a related note my direct rival to this car, the shannon series 6, is due for a facelift soon (most likely at detroit). good timing too, it'll need it to compete with this

Old 09-11-2007, 07:05 PM
CSS Veteran

VexedandGlorious is on a distinguished road

The one thing i love is the proportions and the graphics of the head and tail lamps.. very interesting. the design is fluent and smooth.
my only issue is the wheels are too wide and the roof is a bit tall.

one touch that would make your sketches that more interesting would be some interior detailing. now its just grey and not very exciting(the windows i mean)

good work...

Old 09-11-2007, 11:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks for the comments guys!

Bob: I'm glad you liked the name. You should know that I'm using the Machivellian definition of Virtu, not the normal one :]

SV: Thanks for the kind words. I realized the door handle being lined in chrome is not entirely intuitive, but I think the way it is hidden makes entering the car for rear passengers a real treat, like a delightful surprise when you figure out that there are two rear doors back there, and that that's where the door handles are. Also, I should point out that the surroundings aren't chrome, as I originally stated, but more of a brushed aluminum finish, like the grille. Not only does this give the car a more contemporary, clean and less gaudy finish, but it keeps fingerprints off :]

Vexed: I did not even realize how wide the wheels were, especially in the front view! until you pointed it out. Good eye. I believe the roof looks tall, especially in the front picture, because 1) the panoramic roof and 2) the center line sort of runs too far to the left, making the roof look more bubbly than it really is. Another good point though.

I have actually designed an interior for this car, but I suck at rendering interior drawings :/ As for seeing through the windows, like Vexed said, I have been doing that recently, but I finished these at like 4 in the morning and frankly I just got tired haha

JC
Old 09-14-2007, 07:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JC Virt (knihc2008)

LOVE ITTTT!!!!!

Looks kinda small to be an S-class rival. Maybe a 3 or 5-series rival?

Old 09-14-2007, 02:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Mil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JC Virt (knihc2008)

Very nice, and up to your usual standard (which is amazing)

How long did these take?

Old 09-14-2007, 10:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6: Yes, it is a 5er/E-class rival. My Vurig is the smaller 3er rival.

Mil: Thanks for the comment! These took about 3-4 hours, for both. Of course, the design itself has been gestating every since I showed the original Voltaire.

JC
Old 09-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (knihc2008)

A menacing machine knihc, and it fits in so well with the rest of the JC lineup. The "mock" T-grille is a distinctive touch, as are the details in the lights, as SV pointed out. It definitely has the proportions to stand out in the segment, and the coupe look--with the Alfa 159-esque hidden rear door handle (only cooler)--only adds to the appeal.

My only nitpick is that the hood looks a little flat and/or off-center. Also the tires look about as wide as they are tall, which--while perfect for Top Fuel dragsters--makes the stance a little awkward and kind of detracts from the lithe, slender look of the car.

Beautiful car all around.