There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2007, 06:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

knihc2008 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to knihc2008
Default JC Vendetta

This car is the car I've been holding back since around the time I designed the Vurig. It was, at the time, a very progressive design, but now that time has passed and I've used a LOT of design cues from it for other cars (not to mention the wave-hood was used by Infiniti), the design is a lot more... blah now. The Infiniti Q Concept I drew for the last competition was in effect a direct preview for this car, because I've been drawing the Vendetta a lot lately in order to get ready for this debut, so Vendetta lines sort of just worked themselves into the Infiniti Q. Anyway, you all should know that even though this car seems to copy a lot of cues from my various past designs, this car came first and if anything, I copied a lot of its design cues for other designs. It was drawn like this from the beginning and its been hell to wait til now to unveil it!!! Also, something about the rear view to me looks weird... Anyway, with that aside, here we go: Thursday, April 5, 2007: JC unveils the ultimate expression of the brand and a revolutionary product, the Vendetta.
Every so often a car comes along that turns the car industry onto its head. Every so often, a car company comes along that does things the industry never expected. JC is that company. With the Vurig, bridged two classes, combining a hardcore racer and luxury sedan into one car, with a hatchback body and sleek coupe greenhouse. With the Voltaire, we created a new class, with a compact sports utility vehicle with the body of a sports car that drove like stink and still had the chops for the toughest trails.
Today, we will continue this trend. The next JC vehicle will redefine a class people previously had figured out. This vehicle is the Vendetta.
Stunning style, a culmination of JC design thus far. The Vendetta was the first JC vehicle designed along with the Vurig before we debuted two years ago. The Vurig and Voltaire, and our concepts (especially the Volant II) were designed to build up to this event. The Vendetta is at once elegant yet brutal, luxurious yet sporty. It embraces everything JC stands for.
The front is simple, with only the JC trademark T-grille outline lining the hood opening. Straight on, the front view is visually widened by two large air ducts, sharp and squinty, which pushes out wider than the headlamps. The clashing relation between this design cue and the very serene hood, with dual wave forms crashing into the sharp fender peaks, sets the mood for the rest of the car.
The side sweeps up over the rear shoulder. Everything has a sharp sweepness to it. A functional brake duct in the rear quarter panel, along with the rising shoulder line, makes the Vendetta particularly visually powerful at the back wheel. A sweeping roof line and an equally graceful window line define the coupe-like design of this vehicle. At back, JC taillamps, previewed by the Volant II, have wave forms in them, reflected by the headlamps and to become a JC trademark design later. A sharp spoiler sticks out of the curvatures, defining the rear.
The design is pure JC in its ability to carry luxury and sport equally well. Like the Voltaire, the Vendetta is able to be a hardcore track-ready vehicle, as well as a heart-strikingly elegant boulevard cruiser.
Redefining the class through performance. Though the design of the Vurig and Voltaire architecture and drivetrain seemingly work bespokely for each of those vehicles, they were both designed around the requirements to make the Vendetta reality.
What makes the performance of the Vendetta revolutionary? Three key figures: 300 horsepower/280 ft.lbs torque, curb weight of 3150 pounds, and, most importantly, standard AWD. The Vendetta uses the Vurig's 3.3.l I-6, producing 300 horsepower and 280 ft. lbs of torque in the application. It also cribs the AWD system introduced in the Vurig and perfected in the Voltaire. The unique lightweight structure and aluminum/steel binding process introduced in the Voltaire allows the lightweight 3150 pounds be possible. But don't think the Vendetta is all about borrowed pieces; it brings to the JC family an advanced, dual-clutch manumatic six-speed gearbox, in addition to the Honda-sourced slick-shifting six-speed manual. In both gearboxes, the Vendetta will hit 60 mph in 4.9 seconds. In addition, the Vendetta will share the Vurig's brakes in standard form, but the Sports model of the Vendetta will bring to the table brand new six-piston calipers provided by aftermarket tuner Endless. These brakes will find its way into the Vurig R and Voltaire H in the future as well.
The most important part of it all? Because JC has designed these Vurig and Voltaire parts around the Vendetta from the start, the Vendetta not only shines brilliantly as a performer, but is also cheaper than you would expect. This car benchmarks the Porsche Carrera 4, but it's main competition is the Infiniti G37 Coupe and BMW 335i. This car will come in at a base price of around $35,000, the only vehicle in its class with standard AWD, sequential dual-clutch gearbox, and supernatural dynamics made possible by these specifications, as well as curb weight and power delivery, that must be driven to understand.
Class-exclusivity shines through other aspects. The Vendetta will be available in three flavors: Base, Luxury, and Sport. Though they each have a set listing of options, all options are also available separately through special order. The Vendetta has several options that will revolutionize the way other brands see their own options list.
For starters, the Vendetta comes with a class-exclusive panoramic roof, with the Luxury package (pictured on top). It allows the admittedly tight passenger compartment of four to open up and enjoy the view upwards. The new, advanced navigation system from the Voltaire can also be fitted. The car pictured on top has the base 10-spoke 18" wheels as well.
The Sports package is equally exciting. besides replacing chrome accents with dark chrome and smoked pieces, the sports package (pictured on the bottom) has larger, lightweight 19" Rays G-Games wheels (borrowed from the Vurig) and the aforementioned Endless brakes, with larger, slotted rotors. In addition, Tein provides a bespoke sports suspension. JC is also working with aftermarket companies to provide factory-backed tuner parts; besides the aforementioned parts, others such as K&N, Recaro, Tanabe, and WALD will provide intakes, seats, exhausts, and wheels to not only the Vendetta but the whole line in the future.
The Vendetta is the product of JC planning and design, and is the ultimate expression of the brand.

Hope you guys like it! Comments are very appreciated, as always.

JC

Last edited by knihc2008; 01-16-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:12 PM

hilton is on a distinguished road

wow that side profile is wonderful
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 PM

flyinmonkey351 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JC Vendetta (knihc2008)

335i and GTR KILLERRR!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

against the wall is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default Re: JC Vendetta (flyinmonkey351)

awesome drawing. the 2nd one reminds me a lot of the TT. the first one has something odd about it. i think its that the roof glass is rising too much above the roof support, giving it a sort of bubble look which kinda throws off the smoothness of the rest of the car. besides my nitpick its excellent.

No - against the wall
Old 04-06-2007, 12:15 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: JC Vendetta (against the wall)

Quote, originally posted by against the wall »
awesome drawing. the 2nd one reminds me a lot of the TT. the first one has something odd about it. i think its that the roof glass is rising too much above the roof support, giving it a sort of bubble look which kinda throws off the smoothness of the rest of the car. besides my nitpick its excellent.

That's true. The roof does bubble up a bit too much, I agree. At first I thought it looked that way because there was no glass to roof separation, so it just looked larger, but it's actually a bit too high compared to the side rails. Thanks for point that out!

quattro, flyinmonkey, I'm glad you guys like it!!!

JC
Old 04-06-2007, 04:34 AM

street_dreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JC Vendetta (knihc2008)

yet another brilliant design. All of the designs your coming out with are beautiful cars and they're brilliantly drawn. 'Nuff said!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:26 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

pretty amazing, but then anything less wouldn't be characteristic of your designs. the detailling is awesome; i love the wave-forms in the lights, and the door handles are unique. the sweeping line that flows into the intakes looks great; i think i remember you saying something about how you had a design cue that looked similar to the character line/front surfacing on my SV concept, was it this car you were talking about? your shading is getting more and more sophisticated, which is great...i really need to use my markers, i've been lazy lately and haven't got much drawing done at all...

the only crit i have is that the front looks a bit empty, IMO, without some sort of grille or opening in the middle. apart from that, though, it's stunning. great work

Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This car is the car that had a similar character line/front surfacing to the SV concept, good eye! I actually toned it down a bit, because I thought it made the front look a bit too busy. You see where the fender lines cut into the front bumper and fade? Originally they curved down, above the air ducts, to a flat lip bottom, much like the curvature above the air ducts of the SV Concept. Alas, it's gone now; along the way I wanted the car to be much more simplistic and taut; no extra lines.

The front I purposely made very "empty" looking; the fender lines actually cut very narrowly into the car, and a grille would have made the front look VERY scrunched. Also, it's an exaggerated expression of the simplicity of the wave forms of JC design. Especially at the front, like the wind is pulling all the sheetmetal tautly around the front end, so there's less wrinkles or lines. Nevertheless, the H version of the Vendetta will take care of the emptiness a little :) Thanks for the comments!

ALSO, about the door handles, they're just the front portion of the Voltaire's suicide-door door handles

Street dreamer: you're too kind! You and SV make me pressured to raise the bar higher and higher *pulls white hairs* :P Seriously though, thanks for the kind comments. They're very appreciated.

JC
Old 04-06-2007, 09:36 PM

sirius is on a distinguished road

um...I dunno.
The front would work better for me if the nose was a bit lower and if the vents weren't so sharp. But I still like it.
I think the line down the side is sloping a bit too much. Especially in the rear 3/4 view.
The rear looks too narrow (it might just be the sketch). Reminds me of the G37 (not a good thing!). And it doesn't look very aggressive. The sharp tailights and big exhaust tips help, though. Maybe if it didn't curve down...
The detailing on the headlights and the wheels is great.
About the sketch...there is a problem with the perspective in the front view on the left. I don't think the fender would extend that much to the left from the headlight (or it looks too narrow from the right). And the left rear fender shouldn't be visible, I think.
The rear view isn't perfect. You messed up somewhere, and I think it makes the design look weird too. The rear fender looks much wider in the front view. The rear overhang looks a little too long, too.

Just my opinion.

Overall, I think it's a good design. Don't get me wrong. I guess I would like it much better if I hadn't seen all the styling cues before. I'd take your Infiniti Qoncept over this.