Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2008 Montgomery Gyro Facelift

Quote »
New Montgomery Gyro offers more refinement, dynamism and quality than ever before

7 March 2007 - HAMBURG, GERMANY - Montgomery AG today unveiled its redesigned Gyro supermini at the 2007 Geneva Auto Salon. With a new dose of style to supplement its already copious amounts of dynamism and quality, the Gyro promises to continue its worldwide success.

Newfound style reflects the driving experience

The Gyro's styling has been extensively revised, with an all-new front end. In the back, new chrome-trimmed taillights add a sense of class.

The acclaimed G1 chassis, along with its class-exclusive multilink rear suspension, is carried over, albeit with revised damper settings. The engine range, too, is the same as before.

A better place to drive

The interior has also been revised, with a new control panel and console, along with a new steering wheel. Together they provide a more pleasent environment for the Gyro driver and his or her passengers.

More appeal with a new bodystyle

Perhaps the most significant change to the Gyro range is the addition of a saloon bodystyle. With a sleekly integrated boot, the Gyro saloon is a practical and upscale addition to the already comprehensive Gyro lineup.

On sale soon

The new, improved Gyro will go on sale worldwide - including, for the first time ever, in the United States - this April. With new style to augment its various existing assets, the Gyro looks set to shake up the B-segment worldwide.

Blueprint

the front view took all weekend (longer than i expected), so i wasn't able to do a rear view; it won't be up until next week either because i'm busy with school this week and will be out of town this weekend.

Modified by SV at 6:59 PM 3/7/2007

Old 03-06-2007, 11:52 PM
CSS Veteran

looks good, nice and clean.. Is there a picture of the old model to compare?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (Nath)

thanks yeah this is the only one i have: http://img220.imageshack.us/im...2.jpg

it's basically a midlife facelift, though a major one...the original (well technically the mk6, i've got a whole history drawn up) came out exactly three years ago; the '08 gets a new front end, rocker panels, taillight graphics, and tailgate, along with a new control panel and steering wheel. mechanically, though, it's all identical, though there might be a few power bumps...it'll all be explained in the PR

Old 03-07-2007, 12:31 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (SV)

Pretty good, the the quality of the render isnt the best.
Theres too many obvious jagged lines (wheel arches, wheel...)
But apart from that its pretty good.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:13 AM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: 2008 Montgomery Gyro Facelift (SV)

Its very cool, besides the small errors in the render,its a nice design, looks very sporty,nice way to intergrate the fog lamps into the front intakes.. I like how your evolvng the Mont'y design theme.Its coming out nicely. any chance we'll see any new shannons.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 AM

Pretty nice, just a bit plain.. reminds me of a ford fiesta a bit.. But very cool man keep up the good work......... interior needs a bit of spicing up man, too old fashioned. but thumbs up for the exterior :)
Old 03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

thanks for all the feedback guys, hope to see some more

Quote, originally posted by Mil »
Pretty good, the the quality of the render isnt the best.
Theres too many obvious jagged lines (wheel arches, wheel...)
But apart from that its pretty good.

yeah i didn't spend enough time on the outline and the tires, i'm going to smooth them out when i have the time (i'm going to be out of town until monday though so not for a few days)

Quote, originally posted by Graffititech »
Its very cool, besides the small errors in the render,its a nice design, looks very sporty,nice way to intergrate the fog lamps into the front intakes.. I like how your evolvng the Mont'y design theme.Its coming out nicely. any chance we'll see any new shannons.

thanks, glad you like it there aren't any all-new shannons planned for the next year or so, but there will be a facelifted series 6 and 8 this fall, which will both have the new corporate grille i've been working on...the next all-new model will probably be the series 5, which will be a small SUV to compete with the X3, RDX etc.

Quote, originally posted by mrfdesign »
Pretty nice, just a bit plain.. reminds me of a ford fiesta a bit.. But very cool man keep up the good work......... interior needs a bit of spicing up man, too old fashioned. but thumbs up for the exterior :)

thanks the interior is pretty drab, that's a problem with most of my older designs (i originally did the interior to this car in 2004)...my newer interiors are funkier though.

thanks for the feedback so far everyone, hope to see more

Old 03-09-2007, 08:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: 2008 Montgomery Gyro Facelift (SV)

SV, this Car Looks Bigger than It's Supposed to.

It's A Nice Design, and Good Quality, Although a Bit bland For A Subcompact.

I also Am Working on a Gyro and ( I think) Lokar Twirl Fighter.
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa

Last edited by 2o6; 04-06-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default Re: 2008 Montgomery Gyro Facelift (Peugeot_206)

nice render, but some things (like mil said) are off. the reflection in the roof seems kinda odd and the headlights look transparent. is this your first render?

No - against the wall
Old 03-09-2007, 11:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote, originally posted by against the wall »
nice render, but some things (like mil said) are off. the reflection in the roof seems kinda odd and the headlights look transparent. is this your first render?

thanks for the C&C! actually, it's my third render. the first one i did over a year ago, though, so i basically forgot how i did it, and the second one wasn't really a serious render. and headlights are supposed to be transparent, aren't they? i guess i overdid it though

Quote, originally posted by Peugeot_206 »
SV, this Car Looks Bigger than It's Supposed to.

It's A Nice Design, and Good Quality, Although a Bit bland For A Subcompact.

I also Am Working on a Gyro and ( I think) Lokar Twirl Fighter.

yeah most of my older designs are really bland, there wasn't much i could do with just a facelift...i've been doing some sketches of the next gyro and they're alot funkier though

thanks for the comments