There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2007, 11:13 PM
CSS Oldtimer

knihc2008 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to knihc2008
Default JC Voltaire H.

JC Voltaire H. The industry's pioneer in super-sport utility vehicles brings out their trump card and introduces their own line of high performance vehicles: the H-Line.

The H-Line introduces a new dimension to the JC brand; while the base vehicles embody the JC virtues of speed and comfort, the H-Line adds to these dimensions, adding exclusivity, luxury and brutality to the mix. This is not to be confused with JC's Vurig R, a tuned down hardcore race vehicle for the streets; the JC H-Line is in effect a gentleman's racer.

For the Voltaire, the H-Line treatment is extensive. Most obvious is an effectively brutal yet tailored body kit, featuring an additional intake in at the bottom, and a trademark JC asymmetrical intercooler intake near the hood. The front fender incorporates a sleek outlet for the brakes; the side skirts are more muscular and defined. The rear receives a wind-tunnel-tested lip spoiler and diffuser, as well as center-mounted exhaust tips. The kit receives an understated carbon fiber effect, in an effort to keep weight down.

The differences are not merely for looks. New, 20" wheels are H-Line exclusives, provided by WALD, are lightweight and lower unsprung weight. Brakes are from the Vurig R. The suspension is stiffened and track-tested at the Nurburgring, supplying a compliant ride, while remaining track-ready. The body kit, wheels, and suspension pieces combined are made of lighter materials, reducing the total body weight for better handling and performance. The party-piece of the car, however, is a twin-turbocharged version of the Voltaire's 3.3L I-6; in H-Line form, it is bored to 3.5L and produces 370 horsepower, enough to propel the Voltaire H from 0-60 in an amazing 4.7 seconds through, for now, solely a six-speed manual gearbox.

If the Voltaire H's amazing performance credentials were not enough to prove its true exclusivity in the industry, the vehicle is fitted with H-Line sport seats and steering wheel, and the interior benefits from higher-grade leather.

A true niche vehicle, the JC Voltaire H will only be made in limited numbers come this summer, at around $50,000.

Hope you guys enjoy! In case any of you were wondering, H stands for Hyper, a designation I've had for all my hi-po cars since the eighth grade, when incidentally I designed a high-performance X5-fighter called the HyperActive

JC
Old 01-03-2007, 11:21 PM

napoleondyna is on a distinguished road

Lol @ Hyperactive.

Great design, I especially love the exaust pipes. Would you be so kind as to post the original Voltaire for comparison?

Old 01-03-2007, 11:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (napoleondyna)

You can find it in my sig, but here it is just in case!

JC
Old 01-04-2007, 08:21 AM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (knihc2008)

Everyone now has their own marque.........

Nice job.
________
INFANT CARE ADVICE

Last edited by 2o6; 04-06-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Peugeot_206)

Quote, originally posted by Peugeot_206 »
Everyone now has their own marque.........

The JC brand has been around for a long time

This is a great example of your restraint and attention to detail, knihc. While I still prefer the Vurig over the Voltaire, this H model is one hell of a mean looking vehicle. And I like that you were able to accomplish that without tacking on a lot of flashy, over-the-top mods. The body kit is subtle and well-integrated but does the job well of distinguishing between the trim lines.

Great work as usual... when will we get to see an all-new JC? Any ideas on where the brand is headed?

Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks for the kind words, Domino!!! I really try my best to get the full potential out of my designs with the least amount of lines. This body kit took a great while to design (especially those front intakes, which for the life of me would not fit with any of the other design cues up front) but I think they do now.

This car was supposed to be unveiled in Los Angeles, with a brand new car for Detroit, but I got lazy, quite frankly. And I've been working for a long while on another design which makes sense to be shown with this car, so look out for that soon :D The next car is a G35 coupe competitor, but like the Vurig and the Voltaire, have a few class exclusives up its sleeve which separate it from the rest

JC
Old 01-04-2007, 04:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (knihc2008)

wow knihc, that's bloody amazing. i really like the regular voltaire, but this is even better; the front looks crazy with the tinted headlamps and the little asymmetrical air vent (love that styling cue); my montgomery group sport variants are crap next to this, though i'm going to make better, more differentiated sport models from now on...

interesting, i'm planning a small RWD coupe for geneva too (i'm assuming yours is just a general 3er-class competitor since the G35 basically is; mine will essentially be a coupe version of my 3-series rival, although every body panel will be changed)