There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2006, 01:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

knihc2008 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to knihc2008
Default JC Voltaire

Okay guys, sorry for the delay. I was feeling really lazy, topped with the fact that I just am not a big fan of these sketches. I had my original sketches of the car and they looked a lot better, and when I tried to replicate for the final design draft, I just couldn't. I'll post more pictures later, i promise.

Wednesday, March 1st: The New JC Voltaire breaks conventions and brings new meaning to the term "Crossover."

Bold design accentuates this crossover's purpose. The Voltaire is the world's first sports car/utility vehicle with such a heavy emphasis on the sports. It will be the first car in a future quickly growing class: others have shown concept vehicles which may be far from their watered down production models, but the bold Voltaire has style ready to hit the streets.

The vehicle features bold rear haunches and a rising side sweep line, like the Vurig. Instantly recognizable in your rear view mirror, the front rushes up on vehicles with aggression and intensity, a bold "inverted" grille, which not only allows for a very unique looking front but helps with pedestrian safety laws and lowers point of impact with other vehicles. The windshield sweeps back on the side, which opens via two normal doors and two rear suicide doors. The Voltaire design story ends visually and aerodynamically at the back, the side sweep curving into JC-style rear-lamp clusters, the greenhouse sweeping into a detailed lip spoiler, flaunted by two large exhaust pipes.

The Sport Side of Sport Utility. The Voltaire is based directly off the acclaimed Vurig all-wheel-drive platform. Thus, it can only expected that the Voltaire is every bit as capable on the track as the Vurig is, albeit with the expected high center of gravity. Standard 19" wheels (20" optional) are pushed way out to the corners of the vehicle, and are powered by the Vurig's amazing 3.3.L inline-6 which, like the Vurig, pumps out 280 hp and 280 ft. lb. of torque. It is enough to propel the Voltaire from 0-60 mph in a scant 5.9 sec.

More impressive is this vehicle's ability to handle. Keeping all weight as low as possible and the overall vehicle as light as possible (using the Vurig's same advanced aluminum composite manufacturing process), the Voltaire slaloms faster than any sport-utility currently on the market. This is due to the new JC adjustable coilover system, which allows the driver to change ride suppleness and sportyness with a twist of a knob.

This is helpful when the Voltaire travels off-road, where it truly shines. Though it is no Rubicon burner, the suspension, in combination with the Vurig's advanced power-splitting all-wheel-drive system, allows it to tackle harsh road conditions with the aplomb that can only be compared with a Dakar desert rally runner.

The Utility Side of Sport Utility. Though it may seem that this car is all hardcore sport, it has a great deal of utility. Despite its curvy lines and dropping roofline, the Voltaire boasts more space in every dimension for all of its passengers, and almost double the trunk space as the Vurig.

Most of the interior is supplanted by the Vurig interior, which has been lauded by the press as one of the most sturdy, high quality, simple and easy to use interiors in a while. Therefore, the highly praised dashboard and seats are taken from the Vurig, to create the same intensely driver-focused environment in the Voltaire while still being comfortable and supple.

The Voltaire is truly a segment-buster and the first of its kind. It will start a revolution of new copycats like it and create a new class of vehicles all on its own, when goes on sale this fall, price starting around $37,000.

Modified by knihc2008 at 9:10 AM 3/3/2006

JC
Old 03-03-2006, 05:38 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JC Voltaire (knihc2008)

well, i think it looks awesome something about the rear seems a bit off perspective-wise, but i think otherwise they're up to your usual standard. if your original sketches looked better, they must be really really good.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:47 PM

napoleondyna is on a distinguished road

^^ agreed ^^
Old 03-07-2006, 07:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

thanks guys! any more comments?

JC
Old 03-08-2006, 04:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (knihc2008)

oh yeah, i meant to say - you really need to do interiors some time. i bet they'd be really good, too...besides i want to see what JCs look like inside...
Old 05-05-2006, 02:45 AM

ToddHonda is on a distinguished road

like that rear end very very very much! great design!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:32 PM

mat_is_me is on a distinguished road

you might want to look into a set of stencils or something, im not making fun or anything, im just saying. Your ovals (tires, exhaust) are really what throw off this drawing. Maybe from here, make a more final drawing, you can even trace it and transfer it, just to really make your lines really crisp. im an art major and im just trying to help. im sure they must make oval stencils for this kind of stuff, ive seen people like chip foose use stencils before, maybe look into it.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks! The ovals are just freehanded so yes, I know they're totally off haha. I do have circle stencils but was not aware they made oval stencils; I'll look into them.

On another note, I'll have the long-promised better drawings of this car by next week.

JC
Old 06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (knihc2008)

I have the same problem. I've tried oval stencils but...meh.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:05 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Mil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (DoMiNo)

Me too, i have elipse's (ovals), but they dont always fit the car and angle, so annoying, so basically free-hand is better, good work...