http://www.autorevue.cz/Images/4044/11.jpg
http://www.autorevue.cz/Images/4044/22.jpg
http://www.autorevue.cz/Images/4044/33.jpg

Kinda whoopidy doo...

Old 01-15-2005, 07:05 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: 200? Pt Cruiser (boston)

nice find

dissapointing facelift. it's about time for the PT to get a complete makeover, isn't it? it was new for 2001; 2006 would seem a logical time for replacement

Old 01-16-2005, 10:12 AM

when i first saw the concept for the first one iy looked more like a race car so i was dissapointed when the finished article came,
this looks very similar to the originla so it is not any better
Old 01-17-2005, 10:23 AM

Me to!!! I think the roof line just doesnt look right, I think if it was a little lower is would really give it a bit more hot rod appeal
Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: (hollc004)

http://info.detnews.com/dn/pix...8.jpg

Quote »
PT Cruiser gets facelift for 2006 model year

Chrysler doesn't plan to completely redesign its retro-styled PT Cruiser until model year 2009. So it needs to buy a little more time for the current edition, which gets a modest face-lift this fall, at the start of the 2006 model year.
The '06 PT Cruiser gets a fresher face, with a new grille, headlamps, hood and bumper. The rear-end styling also gets cleaned up a little, with a new bumper and taillamps.
The next-generation PT Cruiser, which isn't due in showrooms until fall 2008, will be extensively redesigned from the ground up.
It reportedly will share underbody components with the next-generation Mitsubishi Lancer.
-- Paul Lienert

source: detnews
Old 03-09-2005, 03:59 PM

wat a kop out...this is so dissapointing. SV was right, it really NEEDS to be replaced or heavily reworked!

Old 03-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Veteran Member

Whats so wrong about only doing minor changes to the design? The car is unique the way it is, it might not suit everybody, but it sells good and I think it looks good, so why change something that works?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:58 AM
CSS Oldtimer

IMO there is one thing that might revive PT cruiser sales. A rework that a) gives it a new dashboard (minus that anoying colored plastic insert); and b) changes the character of the car into something sporty (give it standard performnce upgrades that can actually be felt - something like the neon srt4). Basically change it's character from a cutesy wagon to a mean little hot-rod.

It doesn't have to have super high end performance, but if it can be percieved as something other than a styling execrcise for middel aged people, I think that DCX might be able to squeeze another 3-4 years of solid sales out of it.

Old 03-10-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: (Santeno)

Well, if you do those changes you might end up with...a Dodge Caliber!

In any case, the PT has sold more than what Chrysler had planned so now it has become an important product which will probably end up coming out similar to the California Cruiser concept shown some years back...

Old 03-10-2005, 11:54 AM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (Santeno)

Quote, originally posted by Santeno »
IMO there is one thing that might revive PT cruiser sales. A rework that a) gives it a new dashboard (minus that anoying colored plastic insert); and b) changes the character of the car into something sporty (give it standard performnce upgrades that can actually be felt - something like the neon srt4). Basically change it's character from a cutesy wagon to a mean little hot-rod.

Don't they already have something close to that.... in the form of a 220bhp PT Cruiser GT (Turbo)?

If Chrysler can make a large sedan based on a previous gen Mercedes E-class and have a base price of under $24,000....
I wonder why they never considered making a car based on the now soon to be replaced C-class and have it start at under $20,000...
Imagine that... Its a RWD platform with possibilities for stronger V6 and V8 engines. Now if they do that, you've got a real hot rod.