Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Default Ford to add new car below the Focus

From Autonews.com

Ford Motor Co. will introduce a North American car smaller than the Focus in 2007 or 2008. Retiring executive Jim O'Connor confirmed Ford's plans for a new subcompact last week.

Makes sense, I could see this car doing much better in Canada than the US, and personally feel it should be sold here first to test the market. Once it is released, I say Ford needs to import the Mark 2 Euro Focus, facelfited version of course. Maybe the new focus will be able to finally compete against the mazda 3 and golf V when it comes.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Ford to add new car below the Focus (Ascariss)

Quote, originally posted by Ascariss »

Makes sense, I could see this car doing much better in Canada than the US, and personally feel it should be sold here first to test the market. Once it is released, I say Ford needs to import the Mark 2 Euro Focus, facelfited version of course. Maybe the new focus will be able to finally compete against the mazda 3 and golf V when it comes.

It'd be wierd to have this sub-Focus car here and for Ford to keep the old Focus in the lineup too. By then, the sub-Focus class will have grown a bit, in size, performance, and refinement, and it will compete too closely with our ancient Focus here in the US. Hopefully by them Ford do wake up and bring over the C!

Old 12-21-2004, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Ford to add new car below the Focus (CalinG7)

Here in europe we have the 'KA', 'FIESTA' and 'FUSION', all of them placed below the Focus. KA and Fiesta are too small to be introduced to Canada or the US, but the Fusion could do well, i think:

Source: http://www.autoluttre.be

The Fusion gets a facelift in 2005, it will get a fresher lookand new engines.

In Argentina Ford has an anlog car, called 'EcoSport':

Source: http://www.autoinforme.com.br

The EcoSport is a more suv-like compact, but both cars are based on the platform of the european Fiesta and have a comparable size.

BTW: I think Ford made a mistake with just facelifting the old Focus for the U.S.. Although it was a very good car, the new Focus here in Europe gets very very good results in comparisons.

Modified by Nuvolari at 3:22 AM 12/21/2004

Old 12-21-2004, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Ford to add new car below the Focus (Nuvolari)

Quote, originally posted by Nuvolari »
Here in europe we have the 'KA', 'FIESTA' and 'FUSION', all of them placed below the Focus. KA and Fiesta are too small to be introduced to Canada or the US, but the Fusion could do well, i think:

BTW: I think Ford made a mistake with just facelifting the old Focus for the U.S.. Although it was a very good car, the new Focus here in Europe gets very very good results in comparisons.

The Fusion looks like a nice smallish and practical car. The Fiesta would be too small for the US, IMO, and the Ka is what I would say is too small for Australia, heck too small for anything! j/k I hear European cities can get crowded

Anyhow, I think they should bring the new Focus to America, too. It has got some very good reviews, bringing the fight to the Golf V. Americans aren't stupid, I expect those that have a passing interest in cars will soon know that the Europeans have an all-new Focus that is much better.

Old 12-21-2004, 08:12 AM

I love the ecosport, send it over now!
Old 12-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: (philsshon)

I thought the European Fusion was little more than a slightly jacked up and lightly restyled version of the Fiesta? I've always thought of it as being to the Fiesta range what the Streetwise is to the Rover 25.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:39 PM
CSS Veteran

Any reason why Ford just can't import the Fiesta or something like that?

Anyway, if Ford does bring over a smaller car, I seriously doubt it will do well in the U.S unless it has a character like the Mini Cooper or possibly the smart fortwo.

Old 12-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Default Re: (zwei Biere bitte)

Quote, originally posted by zwei Biere bitte »
Any reason why Ford just can't import the Fiesta or something like that?

Anyway, if Ford does bring over a smaller car, I seriously doubt it will do well in the U.S unless it has a character like the Mini Cooper or possibly the smart fortwo.

Maybe its the next generation Fiesta based off the Mazda 2 platform.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: Ford to add new car below the Focus (Nuvolari)

Quote, originally posted by Nuvolari »
...Fiesta are too small to be introduced to Canada or the US,...

actually, i doubt the fiesta would be too small, it would be the size of a toyota echo or kia rio. and i thought the mazda2 was based off the current fiesta

Old 12-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Ford to add new car below the Focus (SV)

Mazda 2 is a new platform for ford motor co, it will have the new fiesta based off it I believe. Your right SV, the Fiesta would do just fine against the Nissan March (Micra) and the Echo hatch. I could see it do well in canada easily, its a ford and a domestic so it would cost less than the echo and march.