Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

Default 2015 Mazda CX-9

The current CX-9 debuted in 2007 so its been on the market for about 6 years, so I figured it was time for a redesign. Shorter overhangs, and a faster sloping rear end as well as a longer more curvaceous glass area give it a more aggressive and dynamic stance. The sides are broken up by the lower plastic mouldings as well as the KODO inspired character lines that run from the front fender and into the body. It also receives 21" alloy wheels to continue with the aggressive theme.

Possible powertrain options:
- Availability of 2WD or AWD
- High power version of the 2.2L Twin Turbo SkyActiv-Diesel engine mated to the 6 Speed SkyActiv-Drive Transmission
- An all new 2.5L Turbocharged SkyActiv-Gasoline engine mated to the 6 Speed SkyActiv-Drive Transmission
- An all new hybrid powertrain (licensed from Toyota) featuring the naturally aspirated 2.5L SkyActiv-Gasonline engine paired with two electric motors (one powering the front wheels, one powering the rear wheels) driven through the 6 Speed SkyActiv-Drive transmission

The 2015 CX-9 would most likely incorporate all of Mazda's i-ActivSense safety technologies, as well as i-Stop and i-Eloop.

The CX-9 Hybrid version would be take Mazda up to their next stepping stone, with i-Stop and i-Eloop being the previous two steps.

-----------

Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 AM

I like that you've made it lighter looking. The black rocker panel trim is nice, too and it looks very much a Mazda. Good job.

My car chop blog:
http://artandcolourcars.blogspot.com/

My Pinterest board for my chops:
http://pinterest.com/artandcolour/my...gn-renderings/
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Raconteur

Ok now chop that into an Alfa Romeo CUV. The chop is excellent. My gut instinct tells me FiChry will ink a deal with Mazda for wide platform sharing. The most obvious and expedient solution to Chrysler's desperate need for a CamCord fighter and Fiat's zero knowledge in building one is to rebody the Mazda6. At this point I could see Mazda winding up owning all three companies.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
At this point I could see Mazda winding up owning all three companies.
I strongly disagree. Mazda doesn't have the cashflow to gain a controlling stake in Fiat/Chrysler.

Interesting article I remember reading in Motor Trend last year http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...rands_survive/

Also:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/15/i...omotive-world/
Old 02-24-2013, 06:00 PM

looks great
Old 02-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
I strongly disagree. Mazda doesn't have the cashflow to gain a controlling stake in Fiat/Chrysler.

Interesting article I remember reading in Motor Trend last year http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...rands_survive/

Also:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/15/i...omotive-world/
LOL with undeserving duds like the Dart and ZDX-ugly efforts like the Cherokee, Mazda may be able to finagle a cooperation agreement which leads to more shot calling by Mazda (by virtue of heavier reliance by FiChry) which could lead to defacto control by Mazda without the financial mess. Mazda is clearly "on game" whereas Fiat is sputtering with new product misses and shocking delays of very much needed new product.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
LOL with undeserving duds like the Dart and ZDX-ugly efforts like the Cherokee, Mazda may be able to finagle a cooperation agreement which leads to more shot calling by Mazda (by virtue of heavier reliance by FiChry) which could lead to defacto control by Mazda without the financial mess. Mazda is clearly "on game" whereas Fiat is sputtering with new product misses and shocking delays of very much needed new product.
Who says the Dart is a dud? And why don't you wait for the Cherokee to go on sale before completely dismissing it. I personally think it looks good.

In any event...back to the discussion of the chop...

Last edited by pjl35; 02-24-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Who says the Dart is a dud? And why don't you wait for the Cherokee to go on sale before completely dismissing it. I personally think it looks good.

In any event...back to the discussion of the chop...
Sales of the Dart have failed to meet projection is why it's a sales dud. Dart as a sales dud The near universal drumming of the new Cherokee on multiple sites suggests that a lot of people ARE dismissing it. Meanwhile the 200 is highly incentivized with up to $6250 off ($3750 rebate, 1000 if you're coming off a lease, 1000 if you are not a Chrysler owner, and 500 if you're military). That's killing the bottom line. Mazda could easily save the day for Chrysler as well as Alfa Romeo and that they easily could trade for control.

NOW back to the discussion.

Last edited by swizzle; 02-24-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Sales of the Dart have failed to meet projection is why it's a sales dud. Dart as a sales dud The near universal drumming of the new Cherokee on multiple sites suggests that a lot of people ARE dismissing it. Meanwhile the 200 is highly incentivized with up to $6250 off ($3750 rebate, 1000 if you're coming off a lease, 1000 if you are not a Chrysler owner, and 500 if you're military). That's killing the bottom line. Mazda could easily save the day for Chrysler as well as Alfa Romeo and that they easily could trade for control.

NOW back to the discussion.
Fiat is the 6th largest automaker in the world.

Mazda isn't really a footnote, and does not have the cash or profit margin that Fiat does. Mazda has no reason to intervene with Chrysler, nor do they have the business ability to do so.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Blue crazy moderator

I swear I commented on this the other day! Hmm...

Anyways, I think it looks really good, but IMO the wheelbase needs to be a bit longer to (at least visually) accommodate the 6th and 7th passengers...