Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 04:00 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default NY - 2013 Aviva Cil

Aviva Redefines B-segment with all-new Cil

April 4th, 2012 - Aviva releases a preproduction shell of the new B-segment Cil, meant to go head to head with popular rivals such as the Chevrolet Sonic, but as well as in Europe against well-established rivals like the Montgomery Gyro and Renault Clio.

Aviva promises benefits such as a dynamic driving experience, lower price of entry than comparable vehicles, as well as the promise of over 40MPG on the freeway.

The new Cil uses the same platform as the soon-to-sale Pekoe, (UI - Utility Intelligence), albeit slightly stretched and more refined. The chassis is 35% stiffer than the outgoing Aviva Kier, while still being 15% lighter than the already featherweight Kier. Good cornering is accomplished by a "Nurburgring-tuned" macpherson strut front, twist-axle rear design.

Outside, the Cil wears the "Muted Aggression" styling theme that is making its way across the Aviva lineup. Loads of glass with a very low stance give a solid look that is like no other on the road.

Power comes from one of four powerplants

1.0L direct-injected three-cylinder - 86HP
1.0L turbocharged, direct injected three-cylinder - 107HP
1.4L direct injected four cylininder - 128HP (USA)
1.2L turbodiesel, producing 85HP. (USA, 50 state certified)

All petrol motors come with variable valve timing.

Transmissions are either a 6-speed manual or a CVT automatic (some markets will get a 4-speed automatic with the 1.4L only). Diesel models will have a 5-speed automatic as an option.

Prices will start at 13,500 USD.

-------------------

I have no interior shots, it's not done, thus the very dark window tint.

(Impression model shown)

(Exhibition)

(Spirit)

(Fabri - shown with optional lowering springs)

(Fabri)

(Fabri)

(Grace)

(Ambition - with 19" wheels)

(Spirit)

(Exhbition)

(Fabri)

(Ambition)

The model grades rank as

Spirit
Exhibition
Impression
Fabri
Ambition
Grace

Hope you like! It's an older model, and I just love this design. A sedan version is soon to come.

Last edited by 2o6; 04-05-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Aztek.

Smile

The design is really good, and it looks sporty and athletic. I think the boomerang lights at the rear look very classy and upscale. I like them a lot. One other thing I've noticed is how realistic the wheels look. Thumbs up on that!

One issue I have is with the roofline. At the rear it is too rakish. Take a look at some other B-segment cars. They all have upright rear ends more akin to the Pekoe. My advice would be to more the rear end more upright, but keep the wrap around rear glass which I like a lot.

Overall, it's a very good design and a nice rendering. If it sounds like I'm nitpicking a lot, that's because I am. But that's because I've come to expect BRILLIANT things from you like the Pekoe.

The Pekoe was a 8 out of 10. This is a 6 or 7 out of 10. Sort the rear end out, and you'll be looking at a 9.

Keep working at it!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Blue crazy!

Looks really good 2o6! The Ambition certainly makes me feel ambitious about owning one! lol
Old 04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACcartoons View Post
The design is really good, and it looks sporty and athletic. I think the boomerang lights at the rear look very classy and upscale. I like them a lot. One other thing I've noticed is how realistic the wheels look. Thumbs up on that!

One issue I have is with the roofline. At the rear it is too rakish. Take a look at some other B-segment cars. They all have upright rear ends more akin to the Pekoe. My advice would be to more the rear end more upright, but keep the wrap around rear glass which I like a lot.

Overall, it's a very good design and a nice rendering. If it sounds like I'm nitpicking a lot, that's because I am. But that's because I've come to expect BRILLIANT things from you like the Pekoe.

The Pekoe was a 8 out of 10. This is a 6 or 7 out of 10. Sort the rear end out, and you'll be looking at a 9.

Keep working at it!

The roofline I have always been on the fence about. I always wanted something similar to the Dodge Caliber or Honda Insight, something that was a little longer and a little more graceful than a car that would use it's footprint better.

I've checked it against scale seated models, and people will fit.

Here's an earlier build of the model, before I had checked it against any sort of person. I thought I was happy with this look until I realized that headroom in the rear was severely compromised, and the glasshouse shape wouldn't allow the windows to roll down.

Thanks for the comments! I love the wheels! I have around 20 made, and I sometimes have trouble picking which ones suit which car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RD4TW View Post
Looks really good 2o6! The Ambition certainly makes me feel ambitious about owning one! lol

That was something I had made up as I was typing. lol.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Any more comments!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I like it. The front reminds me a tad of the Kia Rio, which is no bad thing. I actually like what you did with the rear; I'm not sure if a kammback with a wrap-around screen has been done before.

The model itself is a bit rough though; the area around the rear door mainly is a bit crudely surfaced. But, overall, good work.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:34 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
I like it. The front reminds me a tad of the Kia Rio, which is no bad thing. I actually like what you did with the rear; I'm not sure if a kammback with a wrap-around screen has been done before.

The model itself is a bit rough though; the area around the rear door mainly is a bit crudely surfaced. But, overall, good work.
I'm not going to lie, the model is very old, and there are tons of surfacing and normals issues with the model itself. The Allegro that I'm working on is only weeks old, and I've learned a lot in the modeling of the other vehicles.

The Cil's basic mesh is at least a year old; Pekoe's even older.

The Kammback idea I think is sharp. Everyone is doing upright hatchbacks, and I thought the Kammback would be a bit more distinctive. Also, the cil is a big bigger than other competitors. I think "buyers" would also consider the Pekoe becuase it's not too much smaller than traditional B-segments. I'm satisfied with the design.

I plan on making a small 3-door only Sub-Pekoe model, sort of like the size bigger than an iQ, but smaller than a Ford Ka.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks for the comments guys, I have another finished model ready for Beijing that I will likely release next week.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Aztek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Thanks for the comments guys, I have another finished model ready for Beijing that I will likely release next week.
Can hardly wait!

I've been finishing off a lot of new models for my 3 brands recently too. I think I'm gonna spread out their releases over the next few months, as I don't want to show them all at once.

Think I'm gonna skip Beijing as most of the AC Group's sales come from Europe and the US. But we'll definitely see something at this year's CAPSAS, Paris and next year's Detroit show too.