currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2012 Montgomery Gyro VII sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montgomery of North America
Next-generation Gyro lineup continues Montgomery's subcompact success story

3 January 2011 - DETROIT, MICHIGAN, USA - After its success in Europe with the Gyro VII 3- and 5-door hatchback, Montgomery is broadening its B-segment range with the introduction of the Gyro sedan. The Gyro sedan also marks the introduction of the Gyro VII to the American market, replacing its successful predecessor which debuted there in 2007.

Classy sedan complements sporty hatch

The new Gyro sedan shares its edgy 'Layered Tension' styling with its hatchback counterpart from the nose to the B-pillar, but there the similarities end: the sedan features a sleek notchback profile with an elegantly-integrated trunk.

As dynamic as it looks

The Gyro sedan has the goods to back up its dynamic styling. Sport-tuned McPherson strut front and torsion beam rear suspension combine a taut yet absorbent ride with minimal cornering lean, while electro-hydraulic steering preserves the feedback Montgomery has become known for while minimizing power loss compared to its full-hydraulic forebear.

The American-market Gyro is powered by a turbocharged and direct-injected 1202cc four-cylinder gasoline engine generating 110hp, available with either a six-speed manual or six-speed ZKG dual-clutch transmission. With this powertrain setup, the Gyro offers lively performance without skimping on efficiency - highway fuel economy is projected to be a best-in-class 42mpg.

Premium refinement for a premium subcompact

While it is a small, inexpensive car, the Gyro is quite refined thanks to generous amounts of sound-insulating material and laminated glass. Adding to this sense of refinement is the Gyro's precisely constructed, elegantly trimmed interior, featuring a soft-touch dashboard as well as standard MP3 compatibility.

Subcompact car, subcompact price

While the Gyro is positioned as a premium subcompact, its price point is actually quite affordable. For the US market, the Gyro's pricing structure (not including the $700 destination charge) is as follows:

3-door hatchback
S $12,995
SE $14,495
LX $15,995

4-door sedan
S $13,495
SE $14,995
LX $16,495

5-door hatchback
SE $15,495
LX $16,995

With the new Gyro lineup of sedan and hatchbacks, available in February, Montgomery's streak of small-car successes in the United States (most recently including the Icon II, which has sold more than 150,000 units in its first ten months on sale) looks set to continue.

I'm not sure how happy I am with the sketch; I'm satisfied with the shading and design but my line quality has taken a bit of a hit since my last finished drawing (which incidentally was also a Gyro, IIRC). I may go back and smooth out some of the lines, we'll see. I'll definitely post an interior sketch (nothing special technique-wise, just gets the idea across) as well as a rear view of the hatch within the next few days.

Last edited by SV; 01-04-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:34 PM

I really like the way that sporty line above the front wheel smoothly flows to the rear wheel. Very nice. I also see a hint of Sonata style.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM

I really like this design, and about the line quality i think its top notch. Also I am impressed with your rear light, I think its hard to make the lights look cool.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementW View Post
I really like the way that sporty line above the front wheel smoothly flows to the rear wheel. Very nice. I also see a hint of Sonata style.
Yeah, Hyundai has been a bit of an influence lately, I think.