Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What's YOUR vote for the next design contest?
Toyota Corolla Design Challenge 2 50.00%
Hot Wheels Design Challenge 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Design Studio Moderator

Send a message via AIM to AXIS
Default Design Challenge: Ford Mustang

dsgnr is a bit occupied at the moment and unable to submit two topics therefore leaving the choice up to me:

1. Toyota Corolla - The Toyota Corolla is one of the most popular nameplates in the world as well as the automotive equivalent to vanilla ice-cream. The current model has been on the market for quite some time now and competitors are offering newer, more stylish and exciting subcompacts. With the brand currently not fairing to well in the court of public opinion these days, Your mission is to take some focus off of all of the negative press and design an all new competent, exciting Corolla that will get tongues wagging and customers back into Toyota's showrooms.

2. Hot Wheels Design Challenge - At some point in our life, we have all had an encounter with a Hot Wheels die cast toy car. There is no denying the amount of skill talent and imagination required to design for the 1:64 scale. Just imagine if YOU were awarded the opportunity to design a Hot Wheels model, would it stick to the core brand values of speed and performance or would you break the mould and design something completely out there that would set collectors as well as the target audience of little gearheads into a complete frenzy.

Last edited by AXIS; 02-28-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Raconteur

I picked Corolla simply because I think a clean slate is best. It's a great car burdened by unfortunately bland looks. In the Photoshop thread there's a great Scion Td idea (a coupesedan for those who haven't seen it) that would probably--if built--come off the Corolla. With the Jetta, Elantra, and the Focus upping the styling game, Toyota is going to need a dose of style. The next Corolla has the potential to get quite interesting given that the Subaru Imprezza will be more profitable if it merges to the Corolla platform and doing so would inject some driving pulse into the Corolla in return. I also imagine more commonality with the Prius.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Design Studio Moderator

looks like we've gotten ourselves a little dilemma here, The poll results are tied should we choose one of the topics above or should we spinoff the current Mustang Battle into a full contest?

what do you guys think...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Frankly, the thought of designing a Corolla "for fun" just doesn't strike me as very compelling. But neither does designing a toy.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Design Studio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
Frankly, the thought of designing a Corolla "for fun" just doesn't strike me as very compelling. But neither does designing a toy.
I suggest you look up the work of Harald Belker, Fraser Campbell, Josh Henson, Jun Imai or Dwayne Vance to see just how compelling designing a "toy" can be.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:57 AM

Default ..

I would say go for the Mustang challenge!!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Raconteur

I'm biased, but the Mustang challenge of having instantly recognizable Mustang DNA so that the car perhaps wouldn't even need the horsey is a formidable challenge and a formidable challenge is a good one.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:17 AM
Design Studio Moderator

Default Design Challenge: Ford Mustang

The muscle car wars are back on! The Ford Mustang has always been the leader of the pack, but with the new Camaro and Challenger nipping at its heels the current retro styling is getting a bit staid. With talks of the next model going global, Your mission designers is to design an all new Mustang with "instant recognizability" without relying on retro styling, yet maintaining universal appeal for a world-market application.

Good luck designers!!! This contest will end on Mar 18.
Also, don't forget to post your development sketches and ideations in the Contest Development Thread

Nelson and Element both your designs from the battle are eligible for entry, feel free to post them
or you can develop them further and submit all new entries.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Raconteur

That's a nice Mustang!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

So this is an open contest? If so I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll finally enter something (though I've said this before and it didn't happen...)
Closed Thread