Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2010, 05:28 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville
Default Is the Hyundai Veracruz to be discontinued?

I wanted to post this, and I believe that this is in the correct thread, but, I caught a couple of articles, not many, and one being in a list in a linked report of www.gminsidenews.com of discontinued vehicles, and on the list is the Hyundai Veracruz. There doesn't seem to be much certainty, or even closure on this at all; it even states that 2012 will be it's last year, or it may be extended as Hyundai's line-up is adjusted.

There doesn't appear to be any concrete information, but, I hope that this great and well built and appointed CUV is not canceled and does live on. I've seen spy-pics of a Portico mule in the recent past, and on this site, but not of late; would this perhaps be the Veracruz successor?

Does anyone know anything of this, or know any information regarding the Hyundai Veracruz?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

I read the same article today. 2012 seems to be around the time it would be due for a redesign, so its possible its just the current model ending in 2012. I read an article the other day that talked about Hyundai sectioning off areas of its dealers for the Genesis cars (if the dealer chooses to buy the package), and that they are developing a vehicle for that would sell in that area that would compete more directly with the RX, in equipment and size. Since the Veracruz targeted the RX in terms of equipment, I could see them either moving it slightly down-spec in the next gen, or leave it around the same spec and just update it.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:12 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Yes, 2012 could be the year that the Veracruz, in it's current form, could be succeeded by either a new generation, or maybe the Portico, which, again, we've seen mule-pics in this site, but not for a while, could be the successor for all we know, or maybe it could be redeveloped into a Genesis sub-brand model, and be sold in the sectioned-off area of the dealership which several articles of late reported about. I saw a few of the articles crop-up regarding the separate sectioning for Genesis models (where it's reported that the Equus name will change for the USDM), and read only one so far; I'll have to look to see if any others mention a CUV for the Genesis section, that would compete more with the Lexus RX.

We'll also see what Megadethmartyr would say on this, for he knows much goings on within Hyundai, and what he'd be at liberty to post.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Raconteur

It's a total market flop so I'd say yes and the sooner the better! The replacement needs to be a Genesis model.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
It's a total market flop so I'd say yes and the sooner the better! The replacement needs to be a Genesis model.
To tell you the truth, it would not bother me at all if the Veracruz, be it a facelift or a new generation, becomes a Genesis brand, I would welcome that.

I also wonder if the Portico, which was touched upon in this site, mule-pics and all, is poised to become the Veracruz successor, or perhaps that will be a Genesis. This would likely mean that the next-generation Azera, which is on progress due to the recent mule-pics posted in it's own thread on this site, will truly be the flagship for the Hyundai/non-Genesis line.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

for what its worth Toyota and Hyundai both denied the vehicles listed are being discontinued.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:07 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by against the wall View Post
for what its worth Toyota and Hyundai both denied the vehicles listed are being discontinued.
That's right, I just caught the report, and that answers the question of this thread, and something wasn't right, for I never heard of any probably cancellation of the Hyundai Veracruz at all. Here's a link to the report about Hyundai (and Toyota) refuting that report, posted below:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/06/t...tinued-models/

Here's a quote from the report, regarding Hyundai's part of this:

"We also spoke with Hyundai spokesman Dan Bedore, who told us that the 2010 Veracruz is "an important part of the Hyundai lineup as our only three-row crossover" he informed us that unlike last year's model, the facelifted 2010 Santa Fe will only offer two rows of seats."
Old 01-13-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
To tell you the truth, it would not bother me at all if the Veracruz, be it a facelift or a new generation, becomes a Genesis brand, I would welcome that.

I also wonder if the Portico, which was touched upon in this site, mule-pics and all, is poised to become the Veracruz successor, or perhaps that will be a Genesis. This would likely mean that the next-generation Azera, which is on progress due to the recent mule-pics posted in it's own thread on this site, will truly be the flagship for the Hyundai/non-Genesis line.
It was always my impression that the Portico was envisioned as a more stylish successor to the Entourage, basically a FWD/AWD 7-seat V6 crossover that leans slightly more toward minivan than SUV.. which would free up the Veracruz successor to move upmarket and align itself with the Genesis side of the showroom, probably on the Borrego's RWD/AWD V8 platform.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
CSS Veteran

I kinda chuckled when I read that. The Veracruz is being redesigned about the same time as the Santa Fe. New platform, which the two will share. But as stated already, it's the only Hyundai CUV with 3 rows. Kinda pointless to add my 2 cents when Hyundai already responded!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadethmartyr View Post
I kinda chuckled when I read that. The Veracruz is being redesigned about the same time as the Santa Fe. New platform, which the two will share. But as stated already, it's the only Hyundai CUV with 3 rows. Kinda pointless to add my 2 cents when Hyundai already responded!
I expected you to come into this thread sooner or later, megadethmartyr, and I appreciate that you did. Yes, we did get some closure via Hyundai that the Veracruz is not being axed, and you had built on it even further that a new generation will arrive with the next Santa Fe. Being that Hyundai had responded and answered regarding the Veracruz, then this thread has pretty much stopped.

The Entourage minivan/MPV was short-lived, but all it was basically was a Kia Sedona clone but just a bit tarted-up, and it wasn't a surprise that this model was pulled, and it was basically not needed as it was.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 01-25-2010 at 04:39 AM.