Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do YOU want to design next???
The Next Pagani 1 7.69%
A Future for Lagonda 5 38.46%
A Pickup Truck Revolution 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Default Design Contest: The Pickup Revolution

Thanks again for the votes, guys! Here are three topics (a couple of them taken from the ideas thread...thanks for the inspiration guys!):

The Next Pagani

With its wild Zonda, Pagani has managed to transcend its small size, quickly shedding its boutique manufacturer image and joining the ranks of the world's preeminent supercar manufacturers. This pedigree is threatened, however, by the massive development budgets and quicker turnaround times of (closely neighboring) companies like Ferrari and Audi-backed Lamborghini; as cross-town rivals throw new competitors into the ring, Pagani makes do with endless variants of its sole model. A totally new Pagani is necessary to do battle with the Italian heavyweights.

A Future for Lagonda

Aston Martin's recent announcement that it would be reviving the Lagonda nameplate took the motoring world by surprise. So far, no one is sure what approach A-M will take with its new model line. Will Lagonda be a platform to take AM more mainstream, or will it function as an even more exclusive brand accessible only to the world's mega-rich? Will it be a purveyor of sports cars, like its close relative, or will its focus remain on sedans, even SUVs? Show us what direction you would take with this storied marque.

Pickup Truck Design Contest

The ups and downs of the general market notwithstanding, there will always be a need for an honest-to-goodness pickup truck. Nowhere else is this more apparent than in North America, where pickup trucks have historically constituted some of the most popular (even the most popular) model lines. Consumer needs have evolved, however, and despite cutthroat competition among major automakers (including Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan) the differences between models are frankly superficial. This segment needs a revolution. In an uncertain economy marked by tremendous fluctuations in oil prices and vastly differing customer desires, what will be the next truck to truly stand out from the pack?

Vote on your preference and we'll get this contest rolling! Thanks all!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Haha. I only want to do the Truck one. So I vote for the truck! Too many design contests (not necessarily just oin CSS) are about supercars and I appreciate something more down to earth
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Back again

Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

All of the contest ideas sound good!

Voted for Lagonda only because I can't wait for another British brand to come back.

Both the Lagonda and Truck idea give us a blank sheet of paper.. the truck one as we can pick any brand, and the Lagonda one because there's a whole new design language that we can create!

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 12-19-2008, 03:07 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Lagonda for me, too!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the votes, guys! Truck contest it is; I'll have it up shortly.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default Design Contest: The Pickup Revolution

In spite of a deepening financial crisis and the recent spike in oil prices, the need for traditional pickup trucks (and a consequently large market for them) remains. Nowhere else is this more evident than in North America, where pickup trucks have historically constituted some of the most popular (even the most popular) model lines and where, as gas prices recede, demand for trucks like the new Ford F150 have to some extent rebounded (as evidenced by recent news that Ford has added shifts to increase production at its truck plant).

These times have taken their toll on buyers, however, and consumer needs have evolved accordingly. Truck buyers are increasingly discerning in their criteria; tow ratings, load capacity, and offroad ability are still paramount, but the market now demands the same quality expected of a luxury car, high feature content, better fuel economy, and innovative solutions to storage and hauling problems. To say nothing of style. And despite cutthroat competition among major automakers (including Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan) the differences between models are frankly superficial, with horsepower wars and battles for payload supremacy overshadowing a lack of any genuine innovation.

This segment needs a revolution. In an uncertain economy marked by tremendous fluctuations in oil prices and vastly differing customer desires, what will be the next truck to truly stand out from the pack? What will be the next “killer app” to define a new, evolving generation of pickup trucks? You may design a pickup truck from any manufacturer, be it a real automaker or one of your own creation. It must be brutally stylish and immensely capable, but must also bear in mind consumers’ changing priorities.

Best of luck designers, I’m excited to see what you come up with!

This contest will close January 3.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Diesel Power!

Send a message via MSN to BryanRW
Default New Ford Ranger.

Copyright ©2008 Bryan Campbell

Please Visit My Blog.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:20 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Good effort Bryan, and very quick!

Just as a suggestion, dont use ordinary markers in your work. It doesn't permit you variation of tone. I do like the design a lot though. Tough but well matched to Ford's kinetic design language,
Old 12-20-2008, 09:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Yes, I'm rather impressed too.
I can't take my eyes off the bold, tough-looking, Kuga-like front end.
I will have an entry up soon.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:13 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Mercedes-Benz X320 CDI

It's a pickup... with no frills. Compact, cheap, relatively basic, it's the leader of The Pickup Revolution.

... and because of it's large engine, it shifts.

Stats:

-3.2-litre diesel engine
-0-60mph in 11 seconds
-120 mph
-50mpg
-£9,999

Last edited by Rob; 12-20-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Closed Thread