Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
As long as they keep the chrome bits to a bare minimum on the new gaping grill it could turn out well i guess. Im interested to see if the interior will receive a boost as well

Guess we all know how a Ka facelift will end up looking
http://vcommindia.com/CMS/world_vehi...n-Cygnet_1.jpg

:p
The upcoming 2013 Fiesta ST shoud give us a clue of some of the updates. Looks like one of them is a switch from red to blue/white lighting for the instuments/switches etc.
2013 Fiesta ST

Last edited by AM2 : 04-12-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
As long as they keep the chrome bits to a bare minimum on the new gaping grill it could turn out well i guess. Im interested to see if the interior will receive a boost as well

Guess we all know how a Ka facelift will end up looking
http://vcommindia.com/CMS/world_vehi...n-Cygnet_1.jpg

:p
I'm guessing it'll just be chrome on the grille outline. I agree that chrome bars like the Fusion/Mondeo would be overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM2
The upcoming 2013 Fiesta ST shoud give us a clue of some of the updates. Looks like one of them is a switch from red to blue/white lighting for the instuments/switches etc.
The ST also had new door cards reminiscent of the Focus:

Which I'm not sure if I like, to be honest. It looks more solid than what the Fiesta has now, but it also makes the cabin lose a bit of flair.

I'm guessing for the US-spec there'll be different changes, since our interior has pretty significant differences (Ford had to redesign the dashboard because of some regulation or another, and the door cards are different too). We'll probably get the blue backlighting as well, however, along with the Focus' fancier menu system. I'd like to see the Sony head unit on higher-end models in the US - it looks much classier than the mobile phone buttons - but I doubt we'd get it without some form of MyFordTouch.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
CSS Oldtimer

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...-interior.html

So I think this pretty much confirms the Fiesta ST for the US market (as if the 5-door concept shown in LA hadn't already). The MyFordTouch screen sticking out of the center stack looks silly, but I would avoid MFT anyway.

Assuming it starts under $22k (which it has to since the Focus ST starts at 24), then this is the best candidate for my next car.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Crazy Composer!

I hope Ford reworks there rear end of the Fiesta Sedan semi-drastically.

The fat butt just doesn't work for me. They need to not raise the belt line so high at the back.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:14 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post

The fat butt just doesn't work for me. They need to not raise the belt line so high at the back.
That wish will not be granted, at least not on this design cycle.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photos-1...o-photo-451823
Old 05-23-2012, 01:13 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The Fiesta sedan looks...okay, but it doesn't escape the tippy awkward look of most B-segment sedans. The Sonic and Rio both do hatch-to-sedan conversions better. In fact, the Rio sedan is positively attractive with those LED taillights.

Last edited by SV : 05-23-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
The Fiesta sedan looks...okay, but it doesn't escape the tippy awkward look of most B-segment sedans. The Sonic and Rio both do hatch-to-sedan conversions better. In fact, the Rio sedan is positively attractive with those LED taillights.
I dunno, my Yaris sedan looks pretty nice. The Fiesta looks absolutely terrible in sedan form.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I dunno, my Yaris sedan looks pretty nice. The Fiesta looks absolutely terrible in sedan form.
The Yaris sedan is nice, it helps that it shares few if any panels with the hatch. It's not for sale outside of rental fleets any more though, which is why I didn't mention it. I suppose the new Accent does the sedan conversion pretty well too, I guess.

I wouldn't say the Fiesta sedan looks terrible, but it's a 6/10 where the hatch is a 9/10. The chrome grille doesn't help (though it can be replaced with the hatch grille for 2012)

Last edited by SV : 05-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post

They can't do much during mid-cycle update since the body is usually untouched, you need to wait for the next generation model to see bigger changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
The Yaris sedan is nice, it helps that it shares few if any panels with the hatch. It's not for sale outside of rental fleets any more though, which is why I didn't mention it. I suppose the new Accent does the sedan conversion pretty well too, I guess.

I wouldn't say the Fiesta sedan looks terrible, but it's a 6/10 where the hatch is a 9/10. The chrome grille doesn't help (though it can be replaced with the hatch grille for 2012)
The Yaris sedan doesn't share any body panels with the hatch version.

The sedan version has a lower roofline and rides on a longer wheelbase.

Last edited by AM2 : 05-24-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 AM
CSS Veteran

Here's the new front:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-fiesta-2013.html

I think it works really well with the rest of the design. Much bolder than the current theme.