Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:48 PM

Kebra is on a distinguished road
Default Redesigned 2008 Pontiac Vibe

Spy photographers have snapped some photos of the 2008 Pontiac Vibe. While similar in size to the current Pontiac Vibe, the new model has a more slanted windshield and rear window. The beltline is higher, resulting in shorter side windows, and the overall stance looks lower. A peek inside through the side window gives a glimpse of chrome ringed instrument gages, round A/C vent outlets, and a silver painted area just to the right of the instrument cluster, all carry-over design elements of the current Vibe. The slanted antenna mounted in the center of the roof near the rear, plus the small XM radio antenna also mounted towards the rear but on the passenger side, once again are similar to the current Vibe.

The current Vibe has been on the market since January of 2001, and has had only minor styling updates since then. And the word in Detroit is that an all-new Vibe will be released for the 2008 model year. The one prototype on steel wheels appears to be a standard model, while the other car has sporty alloy wheels with low profile tires, and aerodynamic lower body sill extensions with a scoop just in front of the rear wheels, indicating that this is a high-performance sports model.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/20...-vibe/

Old 10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
CSS Oldtimer

the1 is on a distinguished road

It seems similar to the current, though somehow sleeker and lower.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
CSS Oldtimer

StevenZoz is on a distinguished road

Will this one have AWD

and

Is it being built in cooperation with Toyota [Matrix] again?

Drives: 2020 Volvo XC60 T8 Polestar | Previously Drove: 2019 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design, 2016 BMW 328i xDrive, 2015 Audi A3 2.0t, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD (x2), 2011 Buick Regal CXL, 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
Old 10-12-2006, 04:42 PM

nismo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (StevenZoz)

Quote, originally posted by StevenZoz »
Is it being built in cooperation with Toyota [Matrix] again?

Thats a good question. I haven't heard whether it would continue or not. I thought it wasn't.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

JBlair is on a distinguished road

I honestly don't believe that this is the Vibe. The Camo is shaped too much like a Pontiac grille (if they're trying to hide the fact that its a pontiac, why would they shape the camo over the grille like a pontiac?), and the camo itself is unlike anything I've ever seen GM use. Take a look at the mirrors as well; they're Toyota units. As far as I've heard, toyota and GM were not going to produce any more models together because of issues with production, which begs the question; why Toyota mirrors?

My guess; this is not a pontiac or GM model at all. What we're looking at is either the next Toyota Matrix, or a variant of the next Toyota Corolla.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:42 AM

CarMattZu777 is on a distinguished road

Yea I don't think this is the new Vibe either. Maybe its not even a Toyota, could be something completely different and the camo is a trick.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:26 AM

jro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (CarMattZu777)

those wheels don't seem like they'd go on a Toyota or a Pontiac, although, the plastic meshing of the grill is only used by a couple companies that i can think of..Pontiac and Dodge
Old 10-14-2006, 06:23 AM
CSS 2006 Ford Fusion nut

Mr. Fusion is on a distinguished road

People on Edmunds Blog are saying this isn't a Pontiac but could be a Toyota test mule despite the GMC Yukon there to help to enginners. The 2 set of spy shots show a sedan and not a hatchback/wagon.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:57 AM

CarMattZu777 is on a distinguished road

Have I heard that there is a way to tell what manufacturer it is by the liscence plate??
Old 10-16-2006, 01:22 PM

Roadster44 is on a distinguished road

I thought GM was done with Vibe?
Closed Thread