CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2020, 07:08 AM
haji's Avatar
haji haji is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,143
haji is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 2020 Toyota Harrier/2021 Toyota Venza





https://toyota.jp/harrier/new/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-16-2020, 08:10 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 9,835
mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default

That's a very nice looking update, a good looking CUV altogether, in and outside; The front end seems very calm and elegant, not only by Toyota standards, but by 2020 standards in general; And look, no massive blank grilles, fake rear vents or even fake exhausts; A Toyota with way more classy and tasteful detailing than the average German premium car...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2020, 09:28 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is online now
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,003
paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road
Default

Pics from other websites shows that the front air dam has very weird detailing that looks like a "fake" predator grille, but the overall effect is still far more demure than what Toyota usually turns out.

I'm not at all familiar w/ the Harrier, so I had to look it up. Looks like the first 2 generations were based on the Lexus RX, and the last version used the same platform as the previous RAV4. This new version looks like a facelifted version of the current one, but it apparently uses a TNGA platform.

I hope this comes to the US as the rumored Toyota Venza or the Lexus RX. It's certainly very handsome, and the interior looks blissfully simple.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2020, 10:06 AM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,864
2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Pics from other websites shows that the front air dam has very weird detailing that looks like a "fake" predator grille, but the overall effect is still far more demure than what Toyota usually turns out.

I'm not at all familiar w/ the Harrier, so I had to look it up. Looks like the first 2 generations were based on the Lexus RX, and the last version used the same platform as the previous RAV4. This new version looks like a facelifted version of the current one, but it apparently uses a TNGA platform.

I hope this comes to the US as the rumored Toyota Venza or the Lexus RX. It's certainly very handsome, and the interior looks blissfully simple.
This car is smaller than the Venza and RX though. The Harrier (current model) is more akin to the Lexus NX, but less nice inside.
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-2020, 10:07 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 9,835
mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default

This should also ride on the RAV-4, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is kind of previewing the next NX;

The RX is, as far as I understand, destined for the T-NGA RWD platform for the next generation;
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-16-2020, 11:14 PM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,864
2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Will it? I feel like it's gonna migrate to the TNGA-K chassis and stay FWD. Lexus sells so many of these things in North America- I don't think Lexus clientele care that much about drive wheels. I think it's a waste of time to go directly for the X5 and GLE
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2020, 08:27 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 9,835
mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Will it? I feel like it's gonna migrate to the TNGA-K chassis and stay FWD. Lexus sells so many of these things in North America- I don't think Lexus clientele care that much about drive wheels. I think it's a waste of time to go directly for the X5 and GLE
It#s a rumor, after all Toyota is developing a cheaper RWD platform together with Mazda (who will use it in the next 6,), and thus it would make sense to use it in some Toyota/Lexus products as well; And a RWD Lexus makes more sense than say a RWD Camry...

But ofcourse, we might still end up with the usual formula...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-2020, 02:44 AM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rear Differential
Posts: 4,849
Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post

The RX is, as far as I understand, destined for the T-NGA RWD platform for the next generation;
Thats news, and a major step up for what has been camry based since it's very successful inception.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2020, 12:32 AM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,224
SV is on a distinguished road
Default

This isn't much larger than the RAV4, so yeah it might not make much sense for the US. Which is too bad, because it's quite nice. The previous Harrier was one of Toyota's more attractive designs too.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2020, 02:39 AM
TdeV TdeV is offline
Crazy Composer!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,100
TdeV is on a distinguished road
Default

HR-V in the front, E-Pace in the back. It's the mullet of SUVs.
__________________
Singer-Songwriter | Trevor de Verteuil
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy