Old 04-16-2020, 07:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

haji is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 2020 Toyota Harrier/2021 Toyota Venza

https://toyota.jp/harrier/new/
Old 04-16-2020, 08:10 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

That's a very nice looking update, a good looking CUV altogether, in and outside; The front end seems very calm and elegant, not only by Toyota standards, but by 2020 standards in general; And look, no massive blank grilles, fake rear vents or even fake exhausts; A Toyota with way more classy and tasteful detailing than the average German premium car...
Old 04-16-2020, 09:28 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Pics from other websites shows that the front air dam has very weird detailing that looks like a "fake" predator grille, but the overall effect is still far more demure than what Toyota usually turns out.

I'm not at all familiar w/ the Harrier, so I had to look it up. Looks like the first 2 generations were based on the Lexus RX, and the last version used the same platform as the previous RAV4. This new version looks like a facelifted version of the current one, but it apparently uses a TNGA platform.

I hope this comes to the US as the rumored Toyota Venza or the Lexus RX. It's certainly very handsome, and the interior looks blissfully simple.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:06 AM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Pics from other websites shows that the front air dam has very weird detailing that looks like a "fake" predator grille, but the overall effect is still far more demure than what Toyota usually turns out.

I'm not at all familiar w/ the Harrier, so I had to look it up. Looks like the first 2 generations were based on the Lexus RX, and the last version used the same platform as the previous RAV4. This new version looks like a facelifted version of the current one, but it apparently uses a TNGA platform.

I hope this comes to the US as the rumored Toyota Venza or the Lexus RX. It's certainly very handsome, and the interior looks blissfully simple.
This car is smaller than the Venza and RX though. The Harrier (current model) is more akin to the Lexus NX, but less nice inside.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:07 AM
CSS Oldtimer

This should also ride on the RAV-4, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is kind of previewing the next NX;

The RX is, as far as I understand, destined for the T-NGA RWD platform for the next generation;
Old 04-16-2020, 11:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road

Will it? I feel like it's gonna migrate to the TNGA-K chassis and stay FWD. Lexus sells so many of these things in North America- I don't think Lexus clientele care that much about drive wheels. I think it's a waste of time to go directly for the X5 and GLE
Old 04-17-2020, 08:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Will it? I feel like it's gonna migrate to the TNGA-K chassis and stay FWD. Lexus sells so many of these things in North America- I don't think Lexus clientele care that much about drive wheels. I think it's a waste of time to go directly for the X5 and GLE
It#s a rumor, after all Toyota is developing a cheaper RWD platform together with Mazda (who will use it in the next 6,), and thus it would make sense to use it in some Toyota/Lexus products as well; And a RWD Lexus makes more sense than say a RWD Camry...

But ofcourse, we might still end up with the usual formula...
Old 04-18-2020, 02:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post

The RX is, as far as I understand, destined for the T-NGA RWD platform for the next generation;
Thats news, and a major step up for what has been camry based since it's very successful inception.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

This isn't much larger than the RAV4, so yeah it might not make much sense for the US. Which is too bad, because it's quite nice. The previous Harrier was one of Toyota's more attractive designs too.

Old 04-19-2020, 02:39 AM
Crazy Composer!

TdeV is on a distinguished road

HR-V in the front, E-Pace in the back. It's the mullet of SUVs.