Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2015, 04:16 PM
CSS Veteran

I'm here in Geneva and happy to have some huge news updates for everyone, so let's get into them!

Bugatti has revealed the final Veyron in the form of the La Finale, and I had a short chat with Wolfgang Durheimer about what we can expect this year! He stated that Bugatti will focus on the Chiron! A thinly veiled concept will be shown later this year, but we will soon see running prototypes of the new Bugatti soon enough! Hesbalso been pushing for the Galibier to reach production, likely a hybrid model using the W-16 from the Chiron tuned to about 1100 bhp, thanks to a saloon body and chassis targeting about the Veyron'weight! When I asked about the doors of these models he stated the Galibier would likely go for a coach style rear doors set up, while the Chiron will have butterfly style doors with thick lower doors panels! Think along the lines of the doors used on the new Ford GT and you close!

He also stated to me that Bentley's concept is far more than just a concept! In fact the EXP 10 Speed 6 is in fact his vision for a new model and future design direction for the brand! With the full model range set for lighter chassis and new upgraded engines, the plan is for Bentley to grow by no less then 2 models, with the Bentyaga SSUV officially signed off on, the company wants the EXP 10 Speed 6 as the eye catcher, and plans for a couple bodied Bentyaga or possibly a smaller SSUV.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

The 2015 Geneva Motor Show is astounding this year, and with all the supercar and top-tier debuts, it's actually a lot like this thread!

There was also something interesting stated by Koenigsegg founder and CEO, Christian von Koenigsegg, while during an interview, that he has more up his sleeve besides the Regera, the "megacar" (perhaps because the HP is over 1,350, which would be one megawatt), and it's HP is at around 1,500. Also the Regera is a hybrid, and the electric motors alone will produce 700HP. The Regera, with it's setup, eliminates a transmission. What Christian von Koenigsegg, stated that an uber 4-door model would soon be in the works at his company, along with the radical valve-less engine-technology. The 4-door would greatly trump the Porsche Panamera, and even be something of a Rival, or maybe even surpass the "on ice" Bugatti 16C Galibier. This would be something that I hope moves forward!

What I'm seeing, and hoping, is that the Bentley/Bugatti CEO would see this Koenigsegg 4-door in development, or get wind of this, and light a fire plus move forward the 16C Galibier, to battle Koenigsegg. He is pushing for the 16C Galibier, but, this would be even more of a case to do so. Of course, the initial concentration goes to the Veyron successor, maybe to be named the Chiron.

Also, another recent report cropped up stating that Jaguar/Land-Rover Special Vehicle Operations division (SVO) is considering building stand-alone offerings, and not just based on existing JLR models. This would be a similar model to AMG at Mercedes-Benz, putting out stand-alone offerings. It's an early-on report, but I hope that this also moves forward.

Other news is the upcoming Rolls Royce SUV, something of a super-SUV, and code-named "Cullinan", this is said to be an all-new, aluminum spaceframe chassis, and not shared with BMW, and it would be large, almost as long as the Phantom.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 03-08-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:46 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Now for an update...

This report has surfaced here before, but, after a couple of past failed-attempts, legendary Italian marque, De Tomaso, is now, once again, set to be brought back from the dead, as Switzerland investors, L3 Holdings, win out bidding from rivals in Italy and China. The new owners will hire some 360 new employees and open a new plant in Turin, Italy. The first offering should be a mid-engined sportscar. Who knows what will be in the works with the new De Tomaso next! I would also hope a sport-sedan and crossover-SUV would be back in the works to compliment the sportster. Here's a link to one of the reports: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/23/d...ldings-report/

In addition to this, a few reports have surfaced about the upcoming BMW X7 large SUV, stating that it will have a V12 in it's top-edition model, and other variants with the in-line six and V8, all turbo mills, with each cylinder-count. It's also said that it may even be higher end and more luxurious than the 7-Series, itself set for a new-generation later this year. In effect, this will be something of a super-SUV, though the Bentley and Rolls-Royce, among other can top it yet.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 03-24-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Here's an additional update...

A new supercar startup, Lyons Motor Car, one that's NY-based, is set to introduce a rather unique new LM2 Streamliner at the 2015 New York Auto Show in April. This will be powered by an 8.2L twin-turbo V8 sourced by Nelson Racing Engines, and put out some 1,650HP and have a top-speed of 288-mph! This will be a truly cutting-edge design and have cutting-edge and forward tech to back it all up. Here is a report on this new startup: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...fb_ref=Default

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 03-26-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:58 AM
Raconteur

I'm so fiending for the new TVR.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:37 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I'm so fiending for the new TVR.
I can't blame you there, I would love to see TVR move forward and advance, and also be sold in the USA! I haven't heard or come across any news or updates regarding TVR as of late.