Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2015, 03:33 AM
Raconteur

I'm glad to see that the Rolls Royce effort is ambitious rather than lazy.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:34 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

I don't go the the Auto Show events on the press-days, just the public-days, for I believe that you have to be invited or permitted, as well as a press-member to get it. I did get into one of the press-days at NYIAS. this being in 2012, when I saw the World Car of the Year and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
Mercedes-AMG are looking to its heritage and planning saloon! Unlike many reports, this model would be developed completely in house! The plan is for this models chassis to be a aluminum and steel spaceframe about the size of the S- class coupe! This model would be a 2+2 notch back with unique styling! Under the hood will be a twin-turbo V-8 good for no less than 600 bhp!
Regarding this above update, a couple of reports recently did surface, stating that Mercedes-Benz may be building a Porsche Panamera competitor. Although this wasn't yet given a green-light, this may be a reflection on this development. However, I hope that this one moves forward, I would like to see a unique Mercedes-AMG 4-door coupe in the lineup. This is one that I would be watching out for, too.

The updates on John Hennessey's upcoming F5, there have been reports which include a very aggressive looking sportster-rendering, that appears original and not based on an extended Lotus Elise. I wonder if that is the model that the recent update is focused on.

Now, on to Aston-Martin. A report just surfaced, and after the recent ones with the spy-shots of a cladded test-mule of the successor to the DB9 (DB11?), which will be on the all-new chassis in development. This latest report, which appeared on 4/8/15, states that the Rapide will be replaced with a new Lagonda sedan. This is interesting for this had been speculated and mentioned well upthread here, and some time ago. The Rapide is on the old, outgoing chassis, as it is, and the new sedan will not be like the well-received Lagonda Taraf, for the Taraf is based on a stretched Rapide, and hence, on the old, outgoing chassis. It goes on to state that a DBX-like crossover (influenced by the all-electric concept recently from Geneva), but, this would be a 5-door, and not a 3-door like the concept, and have an internal-combustion (V12) engine, but, possibly a plug-in hybrid variant later. Regarding reports of an all-electric Rapide to be built, which would put out 1,000HP, it was said that only one example would be built, and that would be a "technical Study". This was all stated by Aston-Martin CEO, Andy Palmer, who went on to say that Aston-Martin will offer three types of vehicles moving forward, sports-cars, sedans and crossovers (the latter two may be Lagonda models). Here is a link to this report: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...like-crossover

Also, following up on the Lyons Motor Car LM2 Streamliner prototype that was supposed to appear at NYIAS - there was recent reports that stated that it missed the press-days, but appeared during the public event, and earlier this week, where there was reports which even had a couple of low-def photos. I was at NYIAS again today, 4/8/15, and the Lyons LM2 Streamliner wasn't there, particularly in the lobby-area where it appeared to be set up in the photos. I had gone to look for it, and it wasn't around the venue at all. I has asked around if it was there, and were it may be displayed, and I was told that it wasn't there - it was brought in, but it didn't meet certain protocol, which lead to discrepancies, to, it had to be removed. That's basically all the information that I received. Perhaps this Lyon's radical hypercar may debut somewhere on it's own, and in the near future. The display that was intended for the NYIAS appears to be a mockup, for the LM2 Sreamliner is still a work-in-progress.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 04-09-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:03 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Mercedes-AMG are looking to its heritage and planning saloon! Unlike many reports, this model would be developed completely in house! The plan is for this models chassis to be a aluminum and steel spaceframe about the size of the S- class coupe! This model would be a 2+2 notch back with unique styling! Under the hood will be a twin-turbo V-8 good for no less than 600 bhp!
Look's like a few days after this update, look what appears in Automobilemag.com in their news-section, an article about the upcoming Mercedes-AMG GT4 sedan, one to compete with the Panamera and others. This would not be based on the GT's chassis, but would have it's design-language. We heard it in this thread first, and here's the link to the report: http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...sche-panamera/
Old 04-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Raconteur

Its face is rather ghastly. I mean I know it's a photoshop, but why not make it attractive.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:51 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Its face is rather ghastly. I mean I know it's a photoshop, but why not make it attractive.
It's an early-on report and something of a speculative-chop, so I take it for what it is. I'm sure that the end-product will be far more attractive, and if the GT is any example, I can believe it. I'm glad to see this moving forward!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:21 AM
Raconteur

Understood, but the chopper botched it.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:03 PM
CSS Veteran

Sorry for the wait, but it's over! New breaking news updates all week long! So make sure you all submit names for the updates you all want to hear about! I'm going to get started by giving a update here and now!

BREAKING NEWS! BENTLEY AND BUGATTI CHAIRMAN WANTS JOINT PROJECT

It's no secret that Bentley and Bugatti Chairman Wolfgang Durheimer wants to expand both brands, at Geneva, I spoke with him directly and he shared a vision of a possible synergy model between the two brands! A hybrid system,chassis and suspension shared between the two models! As I was told all of these components would be developed by Porsche to offer optimum performance! A 85% aluminum chassis with several steel alloy beams for added strength! When asked of the size of the models, he stated ultra luxury GT models! I asked if this concept was leading the way, he stated how easy would it be to visualize a Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 twinned with a modern Bugatti! He stated that Bugatti can't remain a standalone product for long and not make a profit! He stated with the Veyron production ended, a successor has started design and development running( more on that below), the brand needs a money maker, and a bespoke chassis will be to costly! He stated that a entry-level model is more in line that a super luxury saloon at this point in time! He states that a modern Type 57 Atlantic would be a great selling point! I had to ask about a engine choice, he stated the old idea would have been to use the W-16, the new idea is for a 700 bhp version of the new Porsche developed V-8, while Bentley could use a 600 bhp version of there V-8 to keep a gap between the two models! I asked why not a true mid-engined sports car, he stated that such a model would steal sales from Porsche and Lamborghini, and more fans are looking for a trunk with power! When asked about a timeline for such a model, he stated it wouldn't happen before 2018, enough time to get development done and a concept shown!

Strangely absent has been development mules of the Bugatti Chiron/ Veyron? According to my source, he stated that a new model has been seen in Germany sporting a pair of Veyron air inlet over the cockpit! The model has a unique shape a lot lower slug then the Veyron! A lot of matte black tape, plastic panels cover the front and rear! The taillights look as if they come from Audi! The car looks longer than the Veyron, and at no point were the doors opened! My source did say it has a throaty growl and not so much turbo spooling up whining! He did notice that the brakes look a lot like those found on the Porsche 918 Spyder! I hope he can get me a few spy shots so I can share them with you all!

More news to come soon!
Old 04-19-2015, 08:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
It's no secret that Bentley and Bugatti Chairman Wolfgang Durheimer wants to expand both brands, at Geneva, I spoke with him directly and he shared a vision of a possible synergy model between the two brands! A hybrid system,chassis and suspension shared between the two models! As I was told all of these components would be developed by Porsche to offer optimum performance! A 85% aluminum chassis with several steel alloy beams for added strength! When asked of the size of the models, he stated ultra luxury GT models! I asked if this concept was leading the way, he stated how easy would it be to visualize a Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 twinned with a modern Bugatti! He stated that Bugatti can't remain a standalone product for long and not make a profit! He stated with the Veyron production ended, a successor has started design and development running( more on that below), the brand needs a money maker, and a bespoke chassis will be to costly! He stated that a entry-level model is more in line that a super luxury saloon at this point in time! He states that a modern Type 57 Atlantic would be a great selling point! I had to ask about a engine choice, he stated the old idea would have been to use the W-16, the new idea is for a 700 bhp version of the new Porsche developed V-8, while Bentley could use a 600 bhp version of there V-8 to keep a gap between the two models! I asked why not a true mid-engined sports car, he stated that such a model would steal sales from Porsche and Lamborghini, and more fans are looking for a trunk with power! When asked about a timeline for such a model, he stated it wouldn't happen before 2018, enough time to get development done and a concept shown!
I like what I see here, and I would even love to see a modern Type 57 Atlantic, a front-engined GT, and a corresponding Bentley variant. I was also hoping that something like this would restart the 16C Gallibier, which was reported to be "on ice", but not killed. Perhaps, here, an ultra-luxury saloon for Bugatti, and a 4-door coupe halocar for Bentley. In past reports, Wolfgang Durheimer did indicate that he wants to move the 16C Gallibier forward.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 04-21-2015 at 04:58 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:24 PM
CSS Veteran

Breaking News! Road legal McLaren P1 GTR coming soon

As many will remember upthread I stated that McLaren were working on the P1 Long Tail, well officially the Ultimate Series of McLaren 's range will go road legal! According to my source the car will a wide body styling of the GTR, But with a reworked rear end that will see new active aerodynamics! Combined with more power the P1 LT will pack about975 .bhp, which is only thanks to engine output, though a source in England did say something about 1000 bhp! Of course that means a very limited run, my source says that it should be limited to about 25 in total though there's room possibly as many as 50 if demand is up! As if this isn't enough, McLaren are working on the P14 and P15 as we speak! The P14 will be the true successor of the 650/675 series of cars with horsepower pegged starting at 665, with more extreme variants with 700 bhp! Though the P15 will be made to bridge the gap between P14 and P1, we can expect about 750 from a hybrid system, as this model will fill the need for the P1 successor until it arrives at about 2020! This will be the first use of the hybrid system in a McLaren series production line! My sources say the next P1 will move the a direct link to F1 with a harvesting system from braking as well as electric turbochargers and will be good for about 950-1000 bhp thanks to slight rework on the Ricardo V-8! According to my source, McLaren are working on a new direction injection system for improving fuel economy and performance!

Breaking News, hardcore Pagani Huayra coming soon

Horacio Pagani has been harder at work on something special for the fans of his cars! As I have heard a new special edition is coming and will see a massive horsepower rush to his models! As I have heard it this new model will featurea lot of new tricks in aerodynamic design as well as more freed up horsepower! My source says that we could see a weight lose of about 200 lbs and a horsepower increase to 800 PS, which is a lot considering that the base Huayra make 730 PS(720 BHP)! Expected to carry the name Huayra F / Nurburgring Edition! Asif this isn't enough, Pagani has finalized the carbo-titanium tub for the Huayra roadster the chassis had to be reworked completely to handle the lose of the roof as well as the lose of the gullwing doors! In its place will be what's being called hummingbird doors, as they are closer to those used on the McLaren Sports Series models! My source says the aerodynamic design has been tweaked to handle the changes which is whythe wait has been so long on this variant! Early talks have started with AMG for a hybrid bespoke engine that will succeed the twin- turbo V-12 and will be fit to to the Huayra successor currently known as C10!

Next update Ferrari, a lot of news coming out of the Scuderia Ferrari, so stay tuned!