Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2005, 03:58 AM
CSS Veteran

Hopefully this'll look better in person
Old 10-05-2005, 05:28 AM

Did I read somewhere that GM was going to put seperately designed interiors in their cars so that they would not all look the same? With that brushed aluminum on the stearing wheel, I could barely tell it was a Tahoe interior! As for the front of the car...well, best of luck with the Escalade.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (Aston Martin)

More Pics:

http://www.autodeadline.com/Ph...Yukon

Official P/R:

http://media.gm.com/servlet/Ga...19250

Old 10-05-2005, 06:10 AM

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like it well enough. People said they were hoping for a bigger Envoy and I think it does that. My biggest complaint is however is that the Denali is not hardly anything different.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:13 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (03ggelement)

I am with you there. I actually think it looks pretty good. In my opinion, many parts look better than the current and previous models. Overall, I would say this is a good improvement.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default Re: (knicks125)

fordrules, im sorry. i misunderstood what u meant. i thought u meant the denali and yukon had different lights from eachother, which i knew and i think you know is not true. i didnt know u meant they were different from the other gmt's. i have to agree with u on that.

No - against the wall
Old 10-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member

I like it. This will sell well. GM never said that the Yukon and Tahoe would have completely different interiors. They have stressed over and over that the Escalade would be more differentiated from the current generation. This serves the purpose of a GMC SUV. The metalic trim looks classy and I don't think it is available on the Tahoe. I predict that you will see much more Yukons than the very high end Tahoe's. That in itself will provide more differentiation.

GM is on a roll.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: (Banker)

It's defineately does not appear to be as chiseled as the Tahoe, but it still looks nice overall. They seem to have messed up the details a bit, but I'm hoping it will be like the Civic and look better in person.

It has the Terradyne look going on, but not as nicely executed. Like they had to make it fit the truck rather than the truck fit the look. And the interior similarities are a bit disapointing as well, but again, we've only seen the top of the line Tahoe and what appears to be a midlevel (I'm hoping) Yukon.

And I really don't see why Zeta needed bringing up. As I said elsewhere, all we know about it is speculation. We found out about it in the first place from insiders, we heard about it's aleged cancelation from them and that it was back on from them. They might be reliable, might not be. For all we know, it is still on schedule and the insiders got it wrong. Until an official statement about it is made, I'm not going to complain about delays.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:34 AM

The interior looks similar to the audi a6 in the sense that the wood trim is ringed with aluminum. Very classy.
http://www.netcarshow.com/gmc/...b.htm

highres pics-
http://www.netcarshow.com/gmc/2007-yukon_denali/

Old 10-05-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: (FordRules)

Quote, originally posted by FordRules »

See the old one had unique lights!

You're right; the old model did have a more unique front end. But if you'll look closely, the new model Denali does have SLIGHTLY different side marker lights. Not enough difference to justify the added production cost IMO.

After seeing this monstrocity, I'd be willing to bet that where before the GMC looked most like the Chevrolet, while the Caddy was the more unique, I figure the GMC will share most with the Caddy this time around and let the Tahoe be the most unique visually.