There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2019, 10:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default 2021 Ford Mondeo Evos

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...vos-crossover/

First spyshots of a mule for the upcoming next gen Mondeo, which of course will be a Cross Over, though more in the style of a Subaru Outback estate than proper SUV. (in Europe, it will also replace the - much more spacious, but MOVs are out, you knoww - S-Max and Galaxy)

Based of the C2 platform (that also underpins this hacked up Focus estate), it will be visibly quite a bit larger than teh already not too small new Focus estate, engines will include 48V mild hybrids, apparently still some Diesels for European fleet market, and the 1.5 3cyl. from the Focus and Fiesta; Likely a plug in Hybrid of sorts as well. $WD will be optional, though probably not in a classic way but with an electric engine at the rear axle (like e.g. Lexus and Toyota Hybrid SUVs)

The name "Mondeo Evos" has been registered with patent offices in the UK and Australia, so seems to be a safe bet, at least for these markets. US Versions will probably have a different name, and likely no Diesel versions either.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:03 AM
MERCURY: Mission2020 @FiN

2b2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
...The name "Mondeo Evos" has been registered with patent offices in the UK and Australia, so seems to be a safe bet, at least for these markets. US Versions will probably have a different name...
"Fusion-Evos"??

..."a chop is a wish your heart makes"
Old 11-01-2019, 07:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
"Fusion-Evos"??
I guess that's better better than Fusion X? ;)

Given the success in the US of the Outback, it makes a lot of sense that the only non-SUV (Mustang aside) that comes to the US would be a lifted wagon. Would prefer that they send a lifted Focus wagon b/c that's already big enough for practical purposes,, but Americans do like big cars....
Old 11-02-2019, 02:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

I am not sure phasing out the current Mondeo is such a good idea. Here in Spain it is by far the most seen sedan on the streets. I see A LOT of them everyday. Not sure about other countries though.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
I am not sure phasing out the current Mondeo is such a good idea. Here in Spain it is by far the most seen sedan on the streets. I see A LOT of them everyday. Not sure about other countries though.
They are a popular company cars in Austria, tons of them around, even if the Passat and Octavia still rule the fleet market; But as a private purchase (like all D-segment cars and above), basically not existent; Not sure that the few private buyers, who you will attract with a lifted wagon, will compensate for the loss of the fleet market (that usually, at least here, does not buy too many CUVs and lifted wagons)
Old 11-04-2019, 05:03 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
Ford sold under 50k Mondeos per year across the whole EU last year, so I don’t know if modest popularity in one country is enough to make it viable long-term. Maybe if they combined production with the US model which still sells in decent volume despite its imminent demise.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
They are a popular company cars in Austria, tons of them around, even if the Passat and Octavia still rule the fleet market; But as a private purchase (like all D-segment cars and above), basically not existent; Not sure that the few private buyers, who you will attract with a lifted wagon, will compensate for the loss of the fleet market (that usually, at least here, does not buy too many CUVs and lifted wagons)
Emmm, I am a private owner of a last gen Mondeo. A 2.0 TDCI 150hp dual clutch auto. And as I said, I see many of them around. Definitely NOT a rental favorite around here, it's too big for that in my country.