CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-05-2019, 03:19 AM
haji's Avatar
haji haji is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,005
haji is on a distinguished road
Smile 2019 Daihatsu Rocky / Toyota Raise / Subaru







https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1216323.html
https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1216497.html

Last edited by haji; 11-05-2019 at 03:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-05-2019, 06:56 AM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,772
2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default

I would not be the least bit surprised if Toyota decided to export this to US and EU markets.
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-05-2019, 08:35 AM
mick78 mick78 is online now
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 9,491
mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I would not be the least bit surprised if Toyota decided to export this to US and EU markets.
Given how the C-HR is more of a C-segment offering, no matter platform, size or price, this would make sense as a replacement for the "too early to the party" Urban Cruiser. But, I do have the feeling this might be made with developing markets in first mind, so probably - like the Ford EcoSport - a compromised product for Western markets. It doesn't look too bad though...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-05-2019, 08:39 AM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,772
2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Given how the C-HR is more of a C-segment offering, no matter platform, size or price, this would make sense as a replacement for the "too early to the party" Urban Cruiser. But, I do have the feeling this might be made with developing markets in first mind, so probably - like the Ford EcoSport - a compromised product for Western markets. It doesn't look too bad though...
Eh, I'm not convinced it was designed for developing markets first; it's clearly been released in Japan first. It might end up being sold in ASEAN markets, though.



Also I think it's strange the "Urban Cruiser" was considered a small crossover, when in the USA the Scion xD was just a normal hatchback. People here don't mention the xD in the same breath as the HR-V or Chevy Trax. They compare it to the Honda Fit or Hyundai Accent.
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-05-2019, 08:49 AM
mick78 mick78 is online now
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 9,491
mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Also I think it's strange the "Urban Cruiser" was considered a small crossover, when in the USA the Scion xD was just a normal hatchback. People here don't mention the xD in the same breath as the HR-V or Chevy Trax. They compare it to the Honda Fit or Hyundai Accent.
IN the US, also the MAtrix was basically a normal hatchback, whilst here people would havve seen the raised roof and ride height (compared to a regular Corolla/AuUris) and cladding bits and called it a Cross Over; Also, the Urban Cruiser was clearly marketed as a CUV in Europe (the name alone makes reference to the Land Cruiser line up), and given the hatchback market is much larger in Europe, the boxy utilitarian shape put it in that category too. Back 10 years ago, a B-segment hatchback in Europe looked like a Fiesta or Polo. Anyway, the line between CUV and hatchback is anyway very thin, cars like the BMW X2 vs. 1 series, A .CLass vs. GLA or even stuff like the SKoda Kamiq, Kia X-Ceed etc. have very little to distinguish, apart from looks and marketing. most actual measurements would make them regular hatchbacks...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-05-2019, 08:57 AM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,772
2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
IN the US, also the MAtrix was basically a normal hatchback, whilst here people would havve seen the raised roof and ride height (compared to a regular Corolla/AuUris) and cladding bits and called it a Cross Over; Also, the Urban Cruiser was clearly marketed as a CUV in Europe (the name alone makes reference to the Land Cruiser line up), and given the hatchback market is much larger in Europe, the boxy utilitarian shape put it in that category too. Back 10 years ago, a B-segment hatchback in Europe looked like a Fiesta or Polo. Anyway, the line between CUV and hatchback is anyway very thin, cars like the BMW X2 vs. 1 series, A .CLass vs. GLA or even stuff like the SKoda Kamiq, Kia X-Ceed etc. have very little to distinguish, apart from looks and marketing. most actual measurements would make them regular hatchbacks...
The Matrix wasn't much taller or rode higher than the Corolla sedan though. The Pontiac Vibe, with it's cladding I could see being sort of confused as a mini SUV, but not really - it too was too low and not that tall. (In fact, it looks like the Matrix and the Auris are roughly the same height)


Either way, you're right how blurred the lines are on what is and isn't a crossover these days. I dislike the Mazda CX-3 because of how small and low slung it is compared to cars like the HR-V or Trax.
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy