There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2019, 08:52 AM
CSS Veteran

Nastka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
What's Jaguar's rep? A manufacturer that USED to make some of the most beautiful, if temperamental, cars and that now makes stuff that it blandly pretty, not that high quality, and gives the whiff of a dying car company.
This. Pretty much this.

Anecdotal evidence: My boss got rid of his XF and my neighbor of his XE due to breakdowns. Neither of them repurchased a Jaguar (no wonder). Generally speaking and from what I can see looking at quality surveys, these cars don't exactly have a stellar reputation when it comes to quality and durability. It's nice to have something a bit 'different' to your standard Merc, BMW etc., but once it's sat in a garage for an extended period of time, the reality hits home very quickly.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
Anecdotal evidence: My boss got rid of his XF and my neighbor of his XE due to breakdowns. Neither of them repurchased a Jaguar (no wonder). Generally speaking and from what I can see looking at quality surveys, these cars don't exactly have a stellar reputation when it comes to quality and durability. It's nice to have something a bit 'different' to your standard Merc, BMW etc., but once it's sat in a garage for an extended period of time, the reality hits home very quickly.
Har! I think that's why I initially saw so many Giulias in LA shortly after it was introduced. It looks good, it's not as "common" as BMW/Audi/MB. But I don't see so many anymore....

Even people who lease (super common in the US in the luxury car class) don't want to deal w/ going to the dealership all the time to repair the car. Only Range Rover appears to be immune to this.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

The Giulia and Stelvio are cataclysmic sales failures with dealers vanishing.

The problem with Jaguar is that it does not have one model that is a genuine hit. In fact, the entire line is a miss.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:42 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The Giulia and Stelvio are cataclysmic sales failures with dealers vanishing.

The problem with Jaguar is that it does not have one model that is a genuine hit. In fact, the entire line is a miss.
I would've imagined that the market is such (in the US, at least) that simply having a decent-enough mid-size luxury SUV would be sufficient. And yet, I see virtually NO E- and F-Paces. It's kind of like, if you can't sell any SUVs in 2 hot segments, you simply aren't going to survive....
Old 09-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
...It's kind of like, if you can't sell any SUVs in 2 hot segments, you simply aren't going to survive....
The irony is that the Kia Telluride is more premium looking and feeling than the F Pace which looks and feels more like an a early 2000s Kia effort.

The discontinued Explorer was better than the F Pace and the new Explorer will be a lot better.

I'm sure Tata will tire of this hobby of theirs that is going nowhere. Callum destroyed Jaguar and Tata underfunded it.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

boston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
It comes as no surprise that the Jaguar XF is about to receive an extensive facelift (similar to XE and in line with the F-Pace due later this year):

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...erior-overhaul
You can see better shots of it in the Video of the broken down Tesla at the ring.