Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2020, 03:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

The front says Cadillac to me but the rest doesn't. This would have been well served by full-length vertical taillights like the XT4 or CTS wagon.

Last edited by SV; 08-07-2020 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

I moved the posts to here for those wondering.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:43 AM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

I get what folks mean re: doesn’t look like a Cadillac, but the point is this is their first EV and it is intended to be an evolution of their design language. It doesn’t have those elements because it’s not intended to.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Well, the Lyriq "show car" (which shares "85%" of the design of the production car) debuted today w/ absolutely no fanfare whatsoever.

The production version won't arrive until Fall 2022 for MY2023 (!!!).

This is NOT attractive. An overly busy front end, cartoonish proportions, the usual Cadillac disappointment of an interior (aside from the gigantic dash, which is not something I like), and the mess of a D-pillar and rear end.

I actually like the portion from the A- to C-pillar, but the rest is so ugly that it distracts. And will the sheetmetal stamping of the production car be as beautiful as it is in the show car?

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...etails-photos/
Old 08-07-2020, 09:37 AM

shiakas_ is on a distinguished road

I think they said this is 85% indicative of what the production model will look like so I don't understand the whole 'reveal' pageantry for what amounts to a concept car.

There was an interesting question during the Q&A about why they didn't take advantage of the flexibility of the EV architecture to change the design language (https://youtu.be/mx-V56i21e4?t=1418) and in that moment it hit me, the car (in front 3/4) looks like a weirdly proportioned hatchback.

IMO, it doesn't look like an elegant estate car because it does't have a D pillar, It doesn't look like a traditional SUV because of the large hood and its not that futuristic because its clinging to some traditional design elements (long dash to axle etc).
Old 08-07-2020, 10:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Lots of talk in that video about Caddy being the tech leader... yet, a car coming out in 2+ years will only have 300 miles of range with a max charge of 150KW?

Styling is ok to me... the face is too busy. I like the interior and side profile.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:45 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

It all seems very handsome and fresh. But I can see the production car getting watered down heavily...

All that detail out back, the 3D aspects of the taillamps and how they carve into the body. Highly skeptical of that making it through.

And I really wonder about those taillights overall... It really seems like they couldn't decide which direction to go, so they ended up with two distinct elements. They don't align or interact at all. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see those lower ones make it in only as reflectors. I guess a lightbar is too trendy so they went half way...

Otherwise looks fine for a concept. Way too late for a road car though.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:03 PM
Crazy Composer!

TdeV is on a distinguished road

If they fix the rear end in post this'll be great! I respect the risk but those tail lights are just upright unpleasing.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:01 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
Way too late for a road car though.
This * 1000. Who wants to wait 2+ yrs for this car? We're not talking about a Ferrari....
Old 08-10-2020, 07:55 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

I don't know; On the one hand, the design is weird, it's not unattractive, but also it is somehow boring/uninteresting, especially for a concept car previewing a car that is still 2 years away; ANd then we have to consider that it will very likely be watered down at some point in that time;

Also, it seems to be this kind of "not really tall wagon, nit really proper CUV" thing that the Mercedes R-CLass or original CHrysler Pacific a have tried with so so success,

FInally, there is the range/charging thing, it might - just like the ELR - end up technically irrelevant by the time it arrives, at lest for it'S segment/price range....