Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2007, 04:54 AM

Player4 is on a distinguished road

Well Honda is introducing the Pilot concept at Detroit, so the production should be at NY. Or maybe not even debut it at an auto show like they did when the new 2005 Odyssey came out as well as with the new Accord.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:35 PM

iMac Daddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188 View Post
It will be very interesting to see what Honda introduces at Detroit, Chicago and New York auto shows.

I hope they break with tradition and introduces either the Acura TSX or TL at Chicago in February 2008. :)
The 2009 TSX was listed on the Chicago Auto Show website, but it was pulled not too long ago. Either Acura is trying to keep this a secret for as long as they can, or they have decided to delay the unveiling.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

caarmike is on a distinguished road

Kia's got a new Spectra on the way. If you look at it in the spy shots thread it seems pretty much ready to go. I think its possibility for Chicago.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:43 PM

piokor is on a distinguished road

I haven't been to the Chicago Auto Show in two years, but I'm planning going this year. It would be a waste if I didn't, I live literally 15 minutes away from McCormick, in Lincoln Park. I always feel bad for Chicago, it always gets gipped on premieres...

Buick always has a thing or two saved for Chicago, anything they could possibly announce? I doubt the next Lacrosse is ready yet... maybe a new concept?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
CSS Veteran

rv65 is on a distinguished road

Oops never mind.

Looks like an amazing show. Acura doesn't have anything really for detroit so Chicago could be a show to debut the MMC RL, TSX FMC, new SUV/CUV or a TL concept. Maybe a few vehicles but thats asking for too much.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:24 AM

stinger is on a distinguished road

The latest media update shows there will be world and north American debuts from Acura, Porsche (possibly facelifted Boxster or Cayman), Hyundai (Sonata), Suzuki (Equator pickup), Mitsubishi, Ford, BMW, GM, VW (minivan) and, of course, the Challenger. I hope there's more than that. In terms of floor space and size of displays, Chicago is the largest auto show in the world and it's the 100th edition. Apparently none of that matters because it appears that Chicago is getting shafted on debuts once again.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:51 AM

stinger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by piokor View Post
I haven't been to the Chicago Auto Show in two years, but I'm planning going this year. It would be a waste if I didn't, I live literally 15 minutes away from McCormick, in Lincoln Park. I always feel bad for Chicago, it always gets gipped on premieres...

Buick always has a thing or two saved for Chicago, anything they could possibly announce? I doubt the next Lacrosse is ready yet... maybe a new concept?
Lucky you. I was born and raised in Chicago and I attended every C.A.S. from 1957-2001. Now I live in Las Vegas and I really miss the show. For all the money in Vegas, it may have the worst auto show in north America. I'm thinking about flying in this year.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Veteran Member

Shomare is on a distinguished road

Looks like the XC60 might also make a showing at Chicago.

Didn't show as I expected at Detroit so maybe Volvo is waiting until Chicago to show it. It's slated for sale in the States at the end of the summer, late Fall.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:36 PM

Akzidenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomare View Post
Looks like the XC60 might also make a showing at Chicago.

Didn't show as I expected at Detroit so maybe Volvo is waiting until Chicago to show it. It's slated for sale in the States at the end of the summer, late Fall.
The production XC60 is to be shown for the first time at the Geneva Auto Show in march. This has been confirmed by Volvo Cars CEO Fredrik Arp.
Link to the interview (in swedish):
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1064&a=732804
Old 01-16-2008, 08:57 PM
CSS Oldtimer

63Bonneville is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Now that the Detroit NAIAS is well under way, what can we expect in Chicago along with the production Dodge Challenger and Chrysler-based Volkswagen Routan MPV/Minivan?

The Chicago auto-show is now fast approaching. I realize that Chicago caters mostly to production releases more so than concepts, which I do appreciate, for we get to see premieres of what we'll actually see in showrooms and streets rather than whats trimmed, enhanced, and glammed up for show purposes.