There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2020, 02:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default 2021 Dacia Logan

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/al...dern-platform/

As we have already seen spyshots of the upcoming Sandero, it makes sense that now we see the godfather of all modern Dacias as well getting a new generation: the Logan in it#s 3rd iteration;

Whilst it seems to keep the basic, simple detailing of current Dacias, the shape looks a lot faster, wedge shaped than before (kind of like the Duster, where the new model has quite different proportions in flesh).

Unlike before, this will no longer employ old Renault tech, but be based of Renaultís brand new CMF-B platform shared with the new Clio and Captur, and the engines will be shared as well (including the 1.0 TCe in various guises, the 15 dCi, and probably at the higher end the 1,33 shared with the Megane and Mercedes A-Class which is already used in the Duster). Even a version sharing the Clio'S 1,6l Hybrid is rumored.

Inside, a new infotainment and some trim updates are certain, along with some new tech, at least optionally;

TO me, the real question is - given all the updates and moving to current Renault tech form previous. gen stuff - how much the price position will be affected; Will Renault keep it as cheap as it is, or will it slowly move upmarket like Skoda did in the 2000s, once they were mechanically more or less identically to the respective VW....
Old 02-13-2020, 08:20 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

The latter, in my opinion. There is no reason for Renault to sell a competitor to its base brand if it's not to move the price point. Dacia has a reputation, it is moment now to capitalize on it.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
The latter, in my opinion. There is no reason for Renault to sell a competitor to its base brand if it's not to move the price point. Dacia has a reputation, it is moment now to capitalize on it.
I guess so too; Also, if they are now technically identical to their Renault counterparts (or Nissan Micra), who will pay 50% more for a Clio? I guess it will still be very reasonable in pricing, but probably no longer a 7.990 EU bargain, at least in Western Europe....