Old 01-22-2020, 02:22 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Nissan Pathfinder

First time spotted:

https://www.motor1.com/news/394147/2...er-spy-photos/
Old 01-22-2020, 06:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

The Pathfinder is getting a dud of an update, on a dud of a product.

Nissan streak of blah continues...and they wonder whey they're struggling.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
The Pathfinder is getting a dud of an update, on a dud of a product.

Nissan streak of blah continues...and they wonder whey they're struggling.
Not saying you're wrong, but how are you so sure when the entire body is shrink wrapped?
Old 01-22-2020, 07:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

There is enough there to give hints... to these eyes, Iím seeing sharp shoulders (like Altima) and the weird V grill... rest looks to be a carry over. I could be wrong...
Old 01-22-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
There is enough there to give hints... to these eyes, Iím seeing sharp shoulders (like Altima) and the weird V grill... rest looks to be a carry over. I could be wrong...
Fair enough; won't be at all shocked if you're dead-on. More my curiosity than anything
Old 01-22-2020, 08:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

For sure.

Sidebar... when looking at the Altima next to H/K new offerings, or Mazda 6, or Accord, itís dismaying how far behind Nissan has fallen... thatís on a declining market... for them to (presumably) fall behind on CUVís is just plain foolish
Old 01-23-2020, 08:58 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
On the one side understandably, but also sadly, it has become the fashion that any car that sells as half decent levels, will be replaced y a super evolutionary successor.

Probably one could argue that Toyota has updated the RAV-4 quite dramatically (also Ford changed the Escape/Kuga, but IMO not for the better), but the typical approach is a new grille, some modified LEDs, and call it a day (any German brand, Subaru,..). So I guess your assumption will be correct.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

And that's the problem I have w/ Nissan (and many automakers). They show off updated lights and sheetmetal w/ some extra flairs and say 'INNOVATION!!!'. Nonsense to me....Rav is likely the 'biggest' upgrade of recent times as you'd suggested.

My problem with Nissan (and those who've seen me on these board before know that I have MANY issues w/ this brand) is they're starting from a place of inferiority, and incrementally upgrading - leaving them in a place of inferiority still...not a good look. Tie this together w/ Nissan's well established QC issues - and you're even further behind.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:09 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And that's the problem I have w/ Nissan (and many automakers). They show off updated lights and sheetmetal w/ some extra flairs and say 'INNOVATION!!!'. Nonsense to me....Rav is likely the 'biggest' upgrade of recent times as you'd suggested.

My problem with Nissan (and those who've seen me on these board before know that I have MANY issues w/ this brand) is they're starting from a place of inferiority, and incrementally upgrading - leaving them in a place of inferiority still...not a good look. Tie this together w/ Nissan's well established QC issues - and you're even further behind.
I know what you mean; Even in case Nissan has a great product, they don't follow up at all; For me, the Qashqai is a good example - the first generation basically defined, what the nowadays ubiquitous compact CUV in Europe looks like, and became a product to beat,selling well even at the end of it#s product run; Hwoever, many competitors followed, and yet the Mk. 2 was hardly any better, or pushing anywhere, a rather lukewarm outside upgrade; Yes, it still sells, though loosing out against competitors, and much more relying on discounts. The new Juke seems to be a quite surprising upgrade (most reviewers call it best in segment so far), so let'S see if probably, despite it's probably evolutionary exterior, the Pathfinder, or a next generation X-Trail/Rogue or Qashqai will also follow that promising path, or just be a meh upgrade altogether....