Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2020, 06:56 PM

exl500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post
I'd call the infamously bangled E6x 7 series 75% "fresh" some of which was resolved for the redesign. The general shape and proportioning was without much fault, it was more so the styling of the adornments such as the grille, headlamps, etc which were just trying too hard, and that infamous layered tail.

Ah hell, I liked the damn car. The E60 5 series, on the other hand, was Bavaria's Best Pontiac Grand Am.
This is why I love opinions. I still think teh pre-facelift E60 is the best looking sedan of this century, especially on the sport package. I'd love to own one if I didn't know I'd be in tears due to their lack of reliability at this old age.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e60.jpg (61.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-19-2020, 07:58 PM
CSS Veteran

Nastka is on a distinguished road

I saw a brand new 7-Series yesterday, and the oversized grill made it look really ostentatious, especially since it is incredibly obvious that the kinked-back part isn't functional and filled with shiny, cheap-looking black plastic. I don't think anything concealed beneath the mules in the spy pics at the beginning of this thread could be any worse (still, that grille spacing is keeping me awake at night...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl500 View Post
This is why I love opinions. I still think teh pre-facelift E60 is the best looking sedan of this century, especially on the sport package. I'd love to own one if I didn't know I'd be in tears due to their lack of reliability at this old age.
It's a decent looking car, as long as you don't look at the front or back, which in my opinion were never really that well resolved and have aged very badly. As I said earlier in the thread, with BMW, the devil is often in the details for me.

Last edited by Nastka; 07-19-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I loved it a lot when it was new. That didnt last long.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:20 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'll second that; The 5 series, usually hard to fault, but the E60 is really a looker, tha has grown on me over the years.I do prefer the better integrated interiors of the post Bangle BMWs, but those car's exteriors do look still fresh (and some models are nearing 20 yearsof age. I mean just put a 7 series next to a W220 S-Class or a 6 series next to a CLK of that era, they look generations apart), and were really copied/quoted a lot visually by the competition. And the E60is probably my favorite, together with the E85 Z4 of that era. I'd love to drive a V10 M5 one day (not own, they are notoriously unreliable and expensive to run/fix)
Old 07-21-2020, 02:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I went to a dealer for a 328i coupe / 6 speed manual. They had none in stock, and would not show me a 335i coupe because I had asked for the 328i. The idiot then walked me over to the used lot to show me the V10 M5 w/ 6 speed manual. It had about 38000 miles but he refused to let me test drive it. I think it was about $35000 USD back in late 2010. Needless to say I bought a car, but not a BMW!
Old 07-21-2020, 05:16 AM
CSS Oldtimer

IcedG35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post
I went to a dealer for a 328i coupe / 6 speed manual. They had none in stock, and would not show me a 335i coupe because I had asked for the 328i. The idiot then walked me over to the used lot to show me the V10 M5 w/ 6 speed manual. It had about 38000 miles but he refused to let me test drive it. I think it was about $35000 USD back in late 2010. Needless to say I bought a car, but not a BMW!
los angeles?
Old 07-21-2020, 12:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
los angeles?
Atlanta suburbs. I then drove my dinky Toyota Tacoma with windup windows to a dealer much closer to the city and they gladly gave me a test drive in a 328i coupe. Pointless cars, glad I didn't buy one.