Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2007, 10:24 PM

sportboy is on a distinguished road
Default 2009 Fiat Bravo Weekend

When launched the Fiat Bravo, the Italian automaker made it clear that, unlike the predecessor Stilo, the range would not be so diversificated. After all, the idea was selling only what the market would be able to buy in large quantity. Thus, no 3 door-hatchback or convertible. Even a station wagon, much appreciated by Europeans, was dumped. On that time, Fiat has only admited the launch of an SUV Bravo, to deal with the Ford Kuga and VW Tiguan, scheduled for end of 2008.

Well, it seems, the plans ultimately have changed, given the proper stage of Fiat. The novelty will come to Europe exactly from the Brazilian plant of Betim (MG), where Fiat announced that will invest most of 3.6 Bi of Euros in order to double the production capacity. It is known that the next model to be produced in Brazil will be the Fiat Linea. With a sedan in its range, the next steps should be just the Bravo ... the Bravo Weekend.

This choice seems somewhat interesting, since the "boom" of the automotive market in Brazil, together with the European demand, justifying the production of this new model. Even some "mules" are already being tested on the camouflage of Fiat Linea. The projections above show the likely visual novelty, which will bear high headlights (vaguely reminiscent of the Ford Verve) and between-axes plus in 10cm face to Bravo, reaching the envyed 2.70m.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:08 AM

synthesis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2009 Fiat Bravo Weekend (sportboy)

Quote, originally posted by sportboy »

When launched the Fiat Bravo, the Italian automaker made it clear that, unlike the predecessor Stilo, the range would not be so diversificated.

I usually don't correct english, but this one screamed out: "diversificated" should read "diversified." Great job otherwise.. Lord knows your english is light-years better than my portuguese.

I wonder why this car would have been dumped from Europe in the first place... Logistical issue that recently got sorted out? Actually, what is the market over there like for wagons this large?

Old 11-28-2007, 04:41 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

CosworthKid is on a distinguished road

That looks gorgeous! Like an a Bravo with an extra dose of Alfa in the mix. I'm not such a huge fan of the Bravo hatch (mainly cause i find the front bit to be devoid of the character the rest of the car has in spades) but this looks excellent

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member

Supremus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (CosworthKid)

Interesting, but according to this Brazilian source (http://www.alpini.com.br/sisnot_integra.asp?id=4252) the next Fiat wagon for Brazil will be the Linea (the sedan will be launched early 2008).

There's no current plans for a Brazilian Bravo (the Stilo will be facelifted for the 2008 MY). Maybe in the next MCE.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 AM
CSS Veteran

Tidal is on a distinguished road

From what i remember reading, a Bravo Weekend is planned, but only for 2010, when the Bravo is due to receive a facelift... I guess they weren't too sure if the hatch would do well or not, so they decided to wait and see.

The market for wagons in Europe overall is huge, and growing ( with the exception of some individual markets. I don't think they do that well in France, for example ). Regarding The Bravo's size, it's a C segment wagon, it will compete with the Focus, Astra, Megane... it's not that big.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Default Re: (Tidal)

Quote, originally posted by Tidal »
From what i remember reading, a Bravo Weekend is planned, but only for 2010, when the Bravo is due to receive a facelift... I guess they weren't too sure if the hatch would do well or not, so they decided to wait and see.

Just pure speculation from my part but i'm thinking since the Chroma has been dropped from many markets a future Fiat Bravo estate around the time u suggest would be a perfect replacement for it, perhaps even joined by an MPV to compete with the C4 Picasso

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-28-2007, 08:22 AM
CSS Veteran

Tidal is on a distinguished road

Quote, originally posted by CosworthKid »

Just pure speculation from my part but i'm thinking since the Chroma has been dropped from many markets a future Fiat Bravo estate around the time u suggest would be a perfect replacement for it, perhaps even joined by an MPV to compete with the C4 Picasso

Well, there will definitely be a Bravo based CUV around that time also, that i guess will fill the shoes of the Multipla as well... the Croma shouldn't really have a future.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Default Re: (Tidal)

I agree..but will the Multipla be axed as well? I'm hoping for a replacement for it in the form of a spiritual successor to the 600 Multipla to join the 500

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Horizon is on a distinguished road

I did read somewhere too that the planned CUV will, somehow, replace the Multipla.
It's a shame coz Fiat has a legitimate presence in this market, being an automaker that sells volume-cars to countless families on a budget.

The estate looks so good in those chops.
The linea too is a very well designed car imo, shame they didnt stretch it, give it a high quality factor and sell it as the Croma.