Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mzoltarp is on a distinguished road

I'll say it again Nissan: It would make more sense in NA to sell it as the Infiniti Skyline GTR.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:37 AM

m33nfreem is on a distinguished road

but this is supposed to be more of a global car... branded the same globally, so also NA. It'll sell just as well anyways.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:48 AM
CSS Oldtimer

ocn75 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nissan GTR (Ark)

Quote, originally posted by Ark »
[img]Too bad the fasica resembles the outgoing Toyota Celica in a way. Still a good design.

I actually much prefer this simplified, cleaner front end design to that shown on the GTR Proto - great to see. This is looking awesome which is a nice change for a Nissan.

And I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if it doesn't eat Porsches for breakfast.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Banned

6speed is on a distinguished road

I like how instead of worldcarfans.com making it onto here, we've made it onto worldcarfans.com

http://blog.worldcarfans.com/i...rface

Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Banned

Thanks for mutating that thread into this one Superfresa. I prefer looking at one thread instead of two myself anyways.

Regards,
Steve.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

ocn75 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (mzoltarp)

Quote, originally posted by mzoltarp »
I'll say it again Nissan: It would make more sense in NA to sell it as the Infiniti Skyline GTR.

I was previously in two minds about your view. When I think of the Australian experience with the GTR, I see your point. Australia was lucky enough to get the R32 GTR in 1991, but despite the fact that it was years ahead of its time, got rave reviews, was a Ferrari (and everything else) beater and won everything there was to win on the racetrack, people here bulked at the thought of paying over $100,000 (Aus dollars) for a roadcar with a Nissan badge, and consequently, they were difficult to shift off the lot.

But I'm not convinced that the Australian experience with the GTR will be repeated in America. From what I can gather, the Nissan name and image has more credibility in America than here in Australia and the (Nissan) GTR nameplate is now internationally recognised (whereas it was relatively unknown outside Japan before the early 1990s) and is now generally highly regarded. And really, the GTR name is intrinsically linked to the Nissan badge, not the Infiniti badge. Personally, I think it makes more sense to sell it as a Nissan than an Infiniti. Whatever happens though, Nissan will find out whether they made the right decision soon enough.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Banned

That was 15 years ago. The prefix "GT-R" has evolved far past a boy racer dream car and into an actual possibility for people all over the world.

Canada has a law saying that any car over the age of 15 years old is allowed to be imported into the Country. We get LOTS of GT-R's, all the time.

Sure they're all R32's, but they're also all RB26DETT's and RB30's.

As for using the title Nissan, just let Nissan do it.

In the early 1990's Nissan was in financial termoil, and they're name was starting to look more like Hyundai then Nissan.

Now however, Nissan has a nameplate which is highly recognized as being upscale, and refined.

If Nissan chose to use the Nissan title, and not Infiniti, then leave it up to them.

Sitting here arguing about the advantages and disadvantages of the choice will do nothing to persuade them to change it.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Superfresa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (6speed)

Quote, originally posted by 6speed »
Thanks for mutating that thread into this one Superfresa. I prefer looking at one thread instead of two myself anyways.

Regards,
Steve.

Woah, me what? I didn't do anything!

Must've been knicks125. He's very diligent in spotting double threads and merging them.

As for the GTR, I'm not sure I'd pay Porsche money for a Nissan, unless it had something to WOW me. And It aint styling.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

knicks125 is on a distinguished road

Damn, I've been outed. I thought no one knew Well, it was fun while it lasted. Yeah, it was me who merged the thread.

Looks like autoblog also picked up on this thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 PM

Horizon is on a distinguished road

this car has been touring "secret" tracks in near-production form for the last 3 years or something.what's taking them so long to launch.it's clearly a marketing gimmick no ? to try and build a following and generate publicity?
Closed Thread