Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2020, 06:26 PM

Vantage is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Range Rover Evoque LWB

First spy pictures of the Range Rover Evoque LWB. It will be interesting to see whether this is another stretched version only for China or whether it will be available in other markets:

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/ne...oque-obsolete/
Old 05-22-2020, 01:49 PM
CSS Veteran

ROBonCARS is on a distinguished road

A website I was on yesterday said this is a 7 seater version but I don't see how they'd fit a 3rd row of seats in.

If it's old and French or anything BLARG I'm on it.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:19 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Probably similar to the GLB or the Model Y. The third row is hardly usable and there’s no cargo space.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:05 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

As with all other very dense CUV line ups, I see a lot of internal competition - where does this leave the Discovery Sport (isn't that like a more spacious Evoque?), or even the Vellar, which - at least in etrms of how many I see of them - doesn't seem to be a great runaway success to be honest?
Old 05-25-2020, 02:42 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
As with all other very dense CUV line ups, I see a lot of internal competition - where does this leave the Discovery Sport (isn't that like a more spacious Evoque?), or even the Vellar, which - at least in etrms of how many I see of them - doesn't seem to be a great runaway success to be honest?
The Discovery, RR, and Defender lines are supposed to be three parallel model lines for different buyers. Thatís why thereís a Discovery Sport, RR Evoque, and rumored Baby Defender, and similarly why the full versions of those models are similar in size.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:40 PM

Vantage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post

A Range Rover Evoque LWB could be quite successful in China, especially in combination as a PHEV with the new turbocharged three-cylinder 1.5-litre petrol engine. It is no big secret that China has a great demand for LWB cars from rather compact segments with comparatively small engines. And since it is a Range Rover, it is more prestigious than the Land Rover Discovery Sport and therefore will allow higher sales margins.

Aside from that, your comment about the Range Rover Velar made me quite curious regarding its sales performance. In order to get the full picture I first looked at Range Rover and Range Rover Sport sales in 2016 when there was no Velar on the radar screen. Between January and November 2016, Land Rover sold 78.600 Range Rover Sports and 49.900 Range Rovers. Regarding margins of these cars, these are impressive numbers indeed.
Fast forward to last year and, over the like-for-like period, Land Rover sold 74.400 Range Rover Sports and 47.400 Range Rovers. Looking at their life-cycle, this is again very impressive. And it is even more impressive looking at the fact that in the same period Land Rover also sold 55.000 Velars on top not undermining the existing Range Rover and Ranger Rover Sport sales with their comparatively higher margins. Well, I would say this is how you successfully enter a new segment.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:01 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
A Range Rover Evoque LWB could be quite successful in China, especially in combination as a PHEV with the new turbocharged three-cylinder 1.5-litre petrol engine. It is no big secret that China has a great demand for LWB cars from rather compact segments with comparatively small engines. And since it is a Range Rover, it is more prestigious than the Land Rover Discovery Sport and therefore will allow higher sales margins.

Aside from that, your comment about the Range Rover Velar made me quite curious regarding its sales performance. In order to get the full picture I first looked at Range Rover and Range Rover Sport sales in 2016 when there was no Velar on the radar screen. Between January and November 2016, Land Rover sold 78.600 Range Rover Sports and 49.900 Range Rovers. Regarding margins of these cars, these are impressive numbers indeed.
Fast forward to last year and, over the like-for-like period, Land Rover sold 74.400 Range Rover Sports and 47.400 Range Rovers. Looking at their life-cycle, this is again very impressive. And it is even more impressive looking at the fact that in the same period Land Rover also sold 55.000 Velars on top not undermining the existing Range Rover and Ranger Rover Sport sales with their comparatively higher margins. Well, I would say this is how you successfully enter a new segment.
Okay, that' son a global scale, I was just judging form seeing them in traffic, where I do have the feeling that the larger models (the Range and the Sport) plus the Disco Sport and especially the Evoque are a much more common sight here in the center of Europe.