Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2007, 01:57 PM
CSS Oldtimer

knicks125 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (TALBOT-HORIZON)

No, FRdesign didn't asked to be imported here; he was merely agreeing with mzoltarp's suggestion. I happen to agree as well, if VW can work out the cost issue, including exchange rates, the influx of small cars will be a delight for the US market, as fuel continues to be unstable, and VW, directly and indirectly.

Oh by the way, FRdesign doesn't live in the US - that is another hint for you Just so you know, anyone can put any location they'd want - doesn't mean they actually live there

Old 05-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Horizon is on a distinguished road

oh so he 's lying? dats even worse.
i'am sure an affordable vw would make sense rite now in the u.s but if the next lupo is a bargain-basement type of car like logan i doubt vw would sell it there,even the strict environmental restrictions would kill the projet off?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

drugmirko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (knicks125)

Quote, originally posted by knicks125 »
No, FRdesign didn't asked to be imported here; he was merely agreeing with mzoltarp's suggestion. I happen to agree as well, if VW can work out the cost issue, including exchange rates, the influx of small cars will be a delight for the US market, as fuel continues to be unstable, and VW, directly and indirectly.

yes... I saw Dodge Ram fiew days ago and .... well... the size discrepancy is rather noticeable, so I just thought.....

Quote, originally posted by knicks125 »
Oh by the way, FRdesign doesn't live in the US - that is another hint for you Just so you know, anyone can put any location they'd want - doesn't mean they actually live there

true... I too have just Lj punched in for location and there's practicaly no chance that somebody on this forum could know that it means letters on car number plates for Ljubljana, Slovenia. not even those fiew forum members that actualy are from Slovenia
... but mzoltarp says that he lives in in Bakersfield California and I replied to his post

oh and by the way.... looking at that Ram I just couldn't find any sense in/for that vehicle, so I can easyly understand if ppl in US feel the same for cars that measure under 4m in lenght. we simply differ in perspection... . and I think that benefits of a modern, commonrail&FAP diesel engines will in US be "discovered" before small cars. if hybrids won't fit in first....

Old 05-06-2007, 02:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mzoltarp is on a distinguished road

It's not rocket science: build it in China.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

knicks125 is on a distinguished road

Quote, originally posted by TALBOT-HORIZON »
oh so he 's lying? dats even worse.
i'am sure an affordable vw would make sense rite now in the u.s but if the next lupo is a bargain-basement type of car like logan i doubt vw would sell it there,even the strict environmental restrictions would kill the projet off?

No one was lying.

Let's get back on topic...

As mentioned earlier, one of the biggest obstacle VW has to overcome is the cost issues, and I should also correct myself, exchange rates VW has little influence over. But, if, and once everything sorted out, the potential benefits of these small cars could be vital to VW's short and long term growth. It should be noted profitability on these cars are marginal but these small cars can bring indirect benefits to others in the portfolio.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:05 PM

JB is on a distinguished road

Well if they sold it here, it would probably be built in mexico along with the Jetta, Beetles, and Rabbit. And if they were really desperate to cut costs, they could probably build it in China.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:11 PM

Roadster44 is on a distinguished road

What are the laws in China for building cars? 60% limit on parts, with other 40% being manufactured in China and used for final assembly?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 AM

Horizon is on a distinguished road

drug,i always thought of your lj as lubjana,i swear.doesnt that make me super intelligent?.from now on you shall respect my automobile wisdom on this forum as a result.lol
Old 05-07-2007, 01:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

The Lupo was overpriced, therefore didn't sell and was eventually dropped & replaced with the Fox - I really don't see why VW would bring this car back, FOx is (in Europe) still relatively new, especially as this rumour of a new Lupo is really new to me.

The US ofcourse could without any doubts get the Fox, produced in Brazil, and sold for even less than 10 K maybe. But a Euro built Lupo? No.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

drugmirko is on a distinguished road

Quote, originally posted by TALBOT-HORIZON »
drug,i always thought of your lj as lubjana,i swear.doesnt that make me super intelligent?.from now on you shall respect my automobile wisdom on this forum as a result.lol

yeah..... but that doesn't count..... you're Irish wich means same weirdo as Slovenians
and that "odd" nick of yours is proof for it!

back to Lupo.... I too don't think that they'll replace Fox with new Lupo so soon and Polo is, if we dicard last facelift, geting old.... so it might be Polos successor.
but on the other hand... Fox is but ugly and I don't think that it stands any chance to Fiat 500, new Ka, TwingoII&Co.....