currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2007, 09:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Nurburgring is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (mzoltarp)

http://bp2.blogger.com/_D52XcA...t.bmp

Quote »
If there are any issues regarding the posting of these images or requesting of deletion, please contact http://thecarblogger@hotmail.com

Today seems to be a godsend for the muscle-car lovers here. The Dodge Challenger Concept, previewing the production version of the all-new Challenger, debuted at last year's North American International Autoshow. Dodge announced the production Challenger will make its debut at next year's Chicago International Autoshow. Dodge also implemented a clever marketing scheme for creating momentum by installing countdown clocks beside every display of the Challenger Concept at every major autoshow circuit. Well, it looks like the cat (in process of building) is out of the bag with these latest revealing shots snapped inside the Chrysler Brampton Plant in Ontario, Canada.

[Source: NewHemiTech via GMInsideNews]

http://thecarblogger.blogspot.....html

Someone's going to lose their job after this.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:07 AM
CSS Oldtimer

erzhik is on a distinguished road

oh man, the guy who took the pics won't just lose his job, he can be sued for this.. the good thing he posted them, lol.
looks like they are going to have more than 1 mule.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:46 AM

JB is on a distinguished road

It depends on if he signed an NDA and what the terms of his job contract are. If I were chrysler, I wouldn't really care, to be honest. The public already knows what the Challenger is going to look like, and pictures like this could only build the excitement for enthusiasts.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Uberwagon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (JB)

Whoa. I think we have just witnessed an unprecedented breach of corporate security in an industry completely paranoid about keeping secrets. Taking and posting shots of a product this far from production on a factory floor like that (ie, trade secrets) is a massive risk by whoever did it. Firing and getting sued is the least of their worries. If they're caught via encoding in the pics and email trail, going to jail is a very real possibility!

That said, this looks remarkably close to production-ready. But as odd as it sounds, I wonder how relevant it will be in two years, given the changing attitudes about fuel economy/climate change/foreign oil. Even among the enthusiasts, our studies are showing pretty big shifts in perceptions about fuel-related issues among those entering the market for a new vehicle in the next 12 months. I like V8 powered muscle cars as much as the next guy but it's become something even us speed-freaks are starting to think about. Just as the original Challengers & Cudas marked the end of the muscle car era (the oil crisis of the 70's & insurance issues), this one could easily mark the end of an era too.

Once again, just a hypothesis.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mzoltarp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Uberwagon)

Quote, originally posted by Uberwagon »
Whoa. I think we have just witnessed an unprecedented breach of corporate security in an industry completely paranoid about keeping secrets...But as odd as it sounds, I wonder how relevant it will be in two years, given the changing attitudes about fuel economy/climate change/foreign oil. Even among the enthusiasts, our studies are showing pretty big shifts in perceptions about fuel-related issues among those entering the market for a new vehicle in the next 12 months.

#1 The Challenger--as noted by others--is far from secret. It would not surprise me if DCX "allowed" this to happen as some kind of viral advertising campaign.

#2 For the forseeable future, Americans will still have their toys. If gas were $6 a gallon, I would NOT ditch my Mustang and I'd probably grab an Elantra for day to day driving. The Challenger is safe.

#3 You say "our studies" who is doing the study? Who is paying for the study? What is the premise? Just curious.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:25 PM

JB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Uberwagon)

Quote, originally posted by Uberwagon »
Whoa. I think we have just witnessed an unprecedented breach of corporate security in an industry completely paranoid about keeping secrets. Taking and posting shots of a product this far from production on a factory floor like that (ie, trade secrets) is a massive risk by whoever did it. Firing and getting sued is the least of their worries. If they're caught via encoding in the pics and email trail, going to jail is a very real possibility!

That said, this looks remarkably close to production-ready. But as odd as it sounds, I wonder how relevant it will be in two years, given the changing attitudes about fuel economy/climate change/foreign oil. Even among the enthusiasts, our studies are showing pretty big shifts in perceptions about fuel-related issues among those entering the market for a new vehicle in the next 12 months. I like V8 powered muscle cars as much as the next guy but it's become something even us speed-freaks are starting to think about. Just as the original Challengers & Cudas marked the end of the muscle car era (the oil crisis of the 70's & insurance issues), this one could easily mark the end of an era too.

As MZoltarp said (and I insinuated earlier), it is plausible, if not likely, that Chrysler allowed these pics to be leaked. If Chrysler were actually concerned about security, they would ban all cell-phones from the lines. Did you also happen to notice that these pictures were taken next to a fully functioning 300 production line? The person that took these pics couldn't have been the only one by that line, and he would have certainly been stopped if other employees saw him wandering from body mule to body mule taking pictures. And I'm not sure what trade secrets you're speaking of; this is just a shell, and there's only so many ways you can put together cars.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:47 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

CosworthKid is on a distinguished road

Besides whats the big deal? We all know the shape of the Challenger from the concept, its not as if this photo shows anything new really

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 PM

Chris_Doane is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (JB)

Quote, originally posted by JB »

Did you also happen to notice that these pictures were taken next to a fully functioning 300 production line? The person that took these pics couldn't have been the only one by that line, and he would have certainly been stopped if other employees saw him wandering from body mule to body mule taking pictures.

Mmm...didn't you notice the entire line is shut down and no one is there? Whoever shot them did it "after hours"

Old 04-29-2007, 02:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mzoltarp is on a distinguished road

Again this is a no-big-deal issue. Nothing stunning was photographed AND Chrysler new has a buzz going.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Veteran Member

effew is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (mzoltarp)

Actually I'm not so sure about someone getting fired, I mean, is it just me or has DCX actually used this "Captured Spy shot" stuff to actually promote their products, instead of saying "WTF" like the Good ol' General?

Remember when we got the Challenger Concept pics? That created Much more hype towards the unveiling of the actual product. May be another attempt to build the hype, and remind people it's out there, and it's coming.