There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2007, 10:03 PM

Nick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nick
Default Re: 2008 BMW M3 (CosworthKid)

Quote, originally posted by CosworthKid »
Seriously man, i dont get how it is possible to like the previous gen M3 yet call the new one an ugly piece of crap (are there pretty pieces of crap as well?).
I mean yeah, u might preffer the old car but surely u dont think this looks crap and ugly? U a Merc guy?

I'm a BMW guy, but I too think it's ugly (granted, I think all newer bimmers are ugly for the most part...I'm a fan of the previous era, for example, my white e39 540/6 in my sig. )I definitely prefer the e46. Granted, the e30 M3 blows them all away in my opinion.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mzoltarp is on a distinguished road

Having seen some of the new 3 series coupes around town, I will have to say that from behind, it is one of the classic BMW coupes. The nose is ok. It's definitely one of the least Bangle-ized BMWs out there, and that is a good thing.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:46 AM

gawid is on a distinguished road

http://www.autogespot.com/view...61153

Old 07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

the1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (gawid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...om%2F

BMW M3 PS3 Simulator

Old 07-11-2007, 08:34 AM

spikes111 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (the1)

Awesome reading material:

40+ page scan of the official sales adviser brochure from BMW

Scans: http://www.m3post.com/forums/s...70985

Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

CosworthKid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (spikes111)

Indeed thats awesome! Its funny how the have sections about the competition, praising the 911 yet making the CLK AMG sounds like a no-contender, lol

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 07-12-2007, 09:52 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Default Re: (CosworthKid)

Very interesting view from a TopGear journalist which i happen to agree with:

Ever since I drove the new BMW M3 last week, I've been checking out some of the comments from other journalists and internet commentators, and plenty of them seem to suggest that it has gone a bit soft.

Great. Because I tend to find that if you make a car that pleases the majority of motoring journalists, you're making a car for a very, very defined section of the population - and the M3 is a mass-market car, not a track special.

In my opinion, the new M3 isn't a massively aggressive, no-compromise set-up - but why should it be? It needs to be driven as a flagship car by people who only own one motor, and BMW readily agrees that there's space for a more hardcore 'CSL' version later in the model life.

So we've got a four-seater that has 420bhp, serious acceleration, both from a standstill and through the gears, and a set-up that forgives as much as it lets you play. It feels fast. It feels honed and it feels very sporting.

It feels fun. It sounds glorious - different to the yowl of the previous straight-six, for sure - but still brilliantly inspiring.

Where the M5 is the aloof express and the Z4 M Coupe the slightly over-playful puppy, the M3 is somewhere in-between. Excellent. Yes, it does powerslide - but it won't exactly chuck you through a hedge on the first corner. It's more accessible than the previous generation, though no slower, and I find that refreshing.

Truth is, I'm more for a car that's fun to drive than a car that's gained the last 10th around the track. I'm more for a car with soul than speed. The new M3, for me, has it.

Forget immediate comparisons with the RS4 and C63 and let's just soak up a really interesting car. Let's enjoy a thing of beauty without immediately getting all frothy over the fact that it laps the Nurburgring only as fast as the old version.

Am I just not competitive enough? Or are we really a Top Trumps nation?

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 07-12-2007, 10:42 AM

Roadster44 is on a distinguished road

Um okay so M3 supposedly fun to drive according to TG, but is it possible that RS4 and C63 are even more soulful?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:06 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Default Re: (Roadster44)

Dunno but like i said i agree with the TG view, the CSL will cater for the more demanding. Ive never heard of a BMW lacking "soul", a comment most usualy asociated with Mercedes and Audi cars many times before (not saying with all their models or talking about their new ones). When it comes to BMW i am biased though so dont take my word for it, i do respect TG views on such matters though and if the guy is happy with it then it works fine with me.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 07-12-2007, 06:39 PM

Roadster44 is on a distinguished road

Hey I'm biased towards BM as well, hell I drive one. But they should not have skipped out on the steering wheel feel. 4car and autocar both say tons of grip, but yet no idea of what the front wheels are doing. I'm fine with refinement though...