There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2018, 07:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
This is a joke right? Thing is hideous.
luckily we can count on BMW to take no risks in production vehicles these days so I think it's safe to say this will be massively scaled back before production.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:22 AM
Raconteur

Now just watch. BMW has heard us screaming about not putting their concept cars into production and they will respond by putting this into production. They are trying to out-Lexus Lexus, but all they are doing is making Lexus look timeless by comparison, and that's a tough accomplishment.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:55 PM
CSS Veteran

BMW designs may be ugly, but the Bangle-era ones (esp the 5-series) have aged decently in the sense that they don't look any worse now than they did when they were introduced. And, unfortunately, they have (or had) been quite influential.

But back to this car. Aside from the "smart" seat and some other tech that isn't even the car (BMW people were apparently demostrating some sort of projection book), I think this car is pretty pointless b/c it doesn't really break any (other) new ground in terms of showing us interesting future tech. Now THAT, IMHO, is a shame.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:20 PM
Administrator

I have a feeling this larger taller grill will make it to production vehicles, and I don't mean only the electric models.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
I have a feeling this larger taller grill will make it to production vehicles, and I don't mean only the electric models.
Oh we will already see something similarly ugly on the X7, and certainly the next 7 series will go full size grille as well....

This car - though the concept itself not being uninteresting, and personally I do like the BMW i3 and i8 a lot too - is superbly summing up all that goes wrong in design studios everywhere. I don't even know where to start, the size, the fake massive grille, that huge wannabe diffusor at the back of something between a cross over and an MPV - and a self driving one, as such- that certainly will need tons of down force on the Ring, weird useless details, and the list could go on for a while...
Old 09-17-2018, 05:15 PM

Horrid. The day has finally come when BMW apes perhaps the most banal design signature out there (floating C pillar) which renders this abomination absolutely anonymous.