Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2020, 12:28 AM
CSS Oldtimer

63Bonneville is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Overall, it's quite pleasant and stylish and has nice proportions. This is now making me look forward to the next four planned all-electric Cadillac models, three more of which will be based on BEV, and the full-sized Escalade-like all-electric SUV being based on the electric truck-chassis that would underpin the upcoming GMC Hummer models, and reported electric Chevrolet pickup.

One thing that I'll say, it appears significantly larger than the XT5, more like the XT6 in size. The proportions appear that way to me, and it also probably has a lower overall height than the aforementioned crossover models. It has larger 22" wheels, and the steering-wheel to front-axle ratio is lengthy, giving it a rear-wheel-drive stance and proportion. Then again, with the skateboard-like chassis, and no dedicated place for an ICE and transmission, there is also more flexibility in the design. These upcoming vehicles, I feel, will be sensational in design and proportions.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:54 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

An image of the production interior (and exterior on the screen?) over at Burlappcar.
Assuming this is just a digital mockup, but could still be official.

https://www.burlappcar.com/2020/08/c...n-version.html
Old 08-15-2020, 04:39 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Seems odd there would be no central air vents?
Old 08-15-2020, 05:14 PM
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
I think this is mid-development. Seems to me that the vents would naturally go inside that silver trapezoid next to the volume(?) knob, under the screen.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

How many more times can Cadillac rebrand, reimage, remarket itself?
Old 08-16-2020, 07:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
The Escalade also has really subtle air vents. Could be next to the knob, as mentioned above. I also wonder if the silver trim below the dash buttons might be the air-flow controller for vents.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:24 PM

Allegro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
Overall, it's quite pleasant and stylish and has nice proportions. This is now making me look forward to the next four planned all-electric Cadillac models, three more of which will be based on BEV, and the full-sized Escalade-like all-electric SUV being based on the electric truck-chassis that would underpin the upcoming GMC Hummer models, and reported electric Chevrolet pickup.

One thing that I'll say, it appears significantly larger than the XT5, more like the XT6 in size. The proportions appear that way to me, and it also probably has a lower overall height than the aforementioned crossover models. It has larger 22" wheels, and the steering-wheel to front-axle ratio is lengthy, giving it a rear-wheel-drive stance and proportion. Then again, with the skateboard-like chassis, and no dedicated place for an ICE and transmission, there is also more flexibility in the design. These upcoming vehicles, I feel, will be sensational in design and proportions.
IMO, from a styling standpoint this says so much more about Cadillac than the disappointing CT5 - which looks like a styling mess. I still have no idea how that C pillar on the CT5 was approved for production.
Anyway, I don't think the CT5 is going to be around for very long. Cadillac will eventually move entirely to CUV/SUV models as has Lincoln.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post
How many more times can Cadillac rebrand, reimage, remarket itself?
As often as needed, till they’re not profitable anymore.

I consider the last true reinvention to be With the first gen CTS... this last gen was a disaster.

Side note, I saw a CT5 in real life, damn fine looking car. I’d have zero issue driving that.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:37 PM
The Lurker

Their lineup is really quite handsome now. I've even been impressed by the XT6 in person after railing on it after release. Nicely detailed, modern front ends, and still relatively unique. I think they've lost in with their interiors recently, but the Escalade is a very very good direction if they commit to it (seems like they are here at least).

But yeah, that C pillar is an absolute joke on the CT5. Honestly ruins the car for me. The rest is so good, and they pull that tacky crap...
Old 08-16-2020, 10:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
But yeah, that C pillar is an absolute joke on the CT5.
It's also very color dependent. I saw a white one, and it looked pretty good.

My prob w/ Cadillac is that they don't seem to make their sedans very "useable." CT4 essentially had a mailslot for a trunk opening, as did the CT5. Not okay for sedans of that size. I guess the CT4 interior is okay vs. A3, 2-series, and A-Class, but the CT5 doesn't look that much better and is competing against a different class of car. CT4 and CT5 (outside of V-Sport) are also getting relatively poor reviews for not driving as well as their predecessors.