There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 AM
CSS KDM Nut

TheCarBlogger is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 Holden Cruze

Quote:
The all-new Holden Cruze made its Australian debut at the 2009 Melbourne International Motor Show signalling the company's latest entrant in the competitive small car segment. Holden Cruze is the first of General Motors' new wave of global products and enters Australia's small car segment equipped with striking road presence, advanced interior comfort and high levels of safety features. Powered by a 1.8 litre 4-cylinder ECOTEC petrol engine or optional 2.0 litre 4-cylinder turbocharged common rail diesel engine, Holden Cruze will go on sale in the second quarter of 2009.

GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director, Mark Reuss said Cruze represented Holden's commitment to the small car market and marked the beginning of a new era for the company. "The small car market is the largest growing segment in the Australian market and this is our response to that change", Reuss said. "Holden Cruze will play a significant role in Holden's future and presents us with a new generation car, a new design and a new way of thinking. It is a world class small car that has the perfect blend of both style and substance, all from the base model to the top of the range".

Drawing on GM best practices from around the world, Holden Cruze was developed by a global design and engineering team.

Product line-up

The Holden Cruze line-up will include CD and CDX models, both powered by a 1.8 litre 4 cylinder ECOTEC petrol engine with the choice of a five speed manual transmission or six speed automatic transmission with Active Select. A 2.0 litre common rail turbocharged diesel engine will be available as an option on the CD model and will form part of the Holden EcoLine range. The choice of powertrains ensures fuel efficiency and excellent performance all with the ride and handling ability of a true Holden to ensure it feels as good as it looks.

Exterior styling

With a wide track, long wheelbase and its wheels located at the outer edges of its body, the Holden Cruze sedan's 'four-door coupe' styling delivers the presence of an upscale mid-size sedan. State of the art manufacturing processes ensures gaps are minimised and margins in the exterior design deliver high levels of quality, fit and finish. Holden Cruze has been designed to appeal to drivers who value sophisticated design combined with sporty good looks.

Interior comfort

Inside, Holden Cruze boasts one of the most advanced interiors of any small car on the market offering exceptional quality and functionality, while delivering sportiness and luxurious comfort. Stylish and spacious, the Holden Cruze interior offers exceptional fit and finish and comfort with contoured sport seats and a dual cockpit design which houses an advanced integrated centre panel with graphic information display and CD with MP3 "plug and play" functionality. An integrated centre stack houses the infotainment display, radio and HVAC controls resulting in a fresh and contemporary look. With generous rear passenger leg, head and shoulder room this small car comfortably sits five adults, and when combined with one of the largest range of standard features from the base model customers do not need to compromise on large car features. Storage, functionality and convenience applications found on the new Holden Cruze are plentiful with 60/40 split rear seats, seatback pockets, a centre console CD storage, a shopping bag hook and six cup holders.

Safety

Safety was an overriding objective in the development of Holden Cruze. Significant advancements in structural strength and a full offering of active and passive safety systems should combine to make the all-new Holden Cruze among the safest in its class. The Holden Cruze's stiff structure helps to minimise noise and vibration as well as assuring a good crash safety performance and optimal ride and handling properties.

With an impressive level of standard safety features across the range including:

* Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
* Traction Control (TC)
* Anti-lock Brakes (ABS)
* Brake Assist (BA)
* Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
* Six airbags including driver, front passenger, front side and curtain airbags
* Seatbelt retractor and lap pretensioners with seatbelt load limiters
* Sixty-five percent of the structure is high-strength steel

Holden Cruze CD Feature Highlights:

* 1.8 litre 4-cylinder ECOTEC petrol engine or optional 2.0 litre 4-cylinder turbocharged common rail diesel engine
* 5-speed manual transmission or optional 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select
* 16 inch steel wheels
* Body coloured door handles and mirrors
* Electronic Stability Control (ESC) incorporating:
o Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
o Traction Control (TC)
o Brake Assist (BA)
o Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
* 6 airbags including:
o Front airbags for driver and front passenger
o Front side impact airbags
o Side curtain airbags
* Automatic headlamps
* 6 speaker audio system with MP3 compatible in dash CD, radio and MP3 "plug & play" functionality with graphic information display
* Air conditioning
* Steering wheel audio controls
* Cruise control
* Trip computer
* Power windows, front and rear

Holden Cruze CDX - includes all CD specific feature highlights, plus:

* 1.8 litre 4-cylinder ECOTEC petrol engine
* 5-speed manual transmission or optional 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select
* 17 inch alloy wheels (4)
* Front fog lamps
* Leather steering wheel
* Leather appointed seats
* Heated front seats
* Rear park assist
http://www.netcarshow.com/holden/2010-cruze/
Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

While I prefer the Chevy's grille to the Holden's in isolation, there was something about the Holden's front end that seemed more attractive to me that I couldn't put a finger on at first: the Holden has a completely different, and more cohesive IMO, lower air dam shape than the Chevy:

And I'm continually impressed by the interior; it blows the Corolla out of the water (not that that's hard) and looks to be on par with the Civic and 3.

Last edited by SV; 02-27-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

caarmike is on a distinguished road

I like the monotone interior in these photos. It looks really upscale and classy.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Ford Verve Concept

Hornbag is on a distinguished road

For all those who said Holden would build the Astra here when we all know Holden has a share in Daewoo, this is for you. All I can say it game on Holden, bring on our Focus and watch it east this thing alive. It's not bad, but this is the wrong car.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:43 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Superfresa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornbag View Post
For all those who said Holden would build the Astra here when we all know Holden has a share in Daewoo, this is for you. All I can say it game on Holden, bring on our Focus and watch it east this thing alive. It's not bad, but this is the wrong car.
Watch this outsell the Focus anyway....
Old 02-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Ford Verve Concept

Sad, but I can sleep at night knowing that despite sales, the Focus will be a better built, better looking, better engineered, better car than this will ever be. For all this car merits, being the Viva's replacement being its highest achievement, it is not what Holden should have built...
Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member

Oz Astra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornbag View Post
Holden still haven't announced which vehicle will be built here. The Cruze goes on sale May/June and will be imported from Korea. Now unless they switch to Aussie production there is still a possibility that the Astra could be built her when Holden finally announce the actual car that will be built here.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:51 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Not bad looking, somehow cleaner than the Chevy. However, the grille looks like straightly lifted from a pre facelift Opel Vectra C or Meriva.
Interior is nice as in all Cruze shots so far, a massive step forward, comparing to the Lacetti/Nubira/Viva interior:

Old:

New:
Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Ford Verve Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Astra View Post
Holden still haven't announced which vehicle will be built here. The Cruze goes on sale May/June and will be imported from Korea. Now unless they switch to Aussie production there is still a possibility that the Astra could be built her when Holden finally announce the actual car that will be built here.
Imported from Korea until 2010. Holden are making far too much fuss about this car for it to be shoved in the shaddows for an Aussie built Astra. Sorry, but this will be the Aussie built small car. I'll be more than willing to claim defeat if proven wrong, but Holden and Daewoo have far too much of an allience, and Holden have had a lot of imput into the Cruze, whereas the imput into the Astra has been for the platform and pretty much nothing else.

I praise the car for killing the Viva, that car was and is horrid. And Holden at least have jam packed it full of kit, 6-airbags, DSC, they have done well here. The engine is the 1.8 Ecotec, say no more? I wonder if the price will be good then? The interior is so far forword it's unbelievable, but it will still be plasticy and yuk. But Holden are putting all their eggs into the wrong basket. Opel is where the quality is coming from, they do not have to wait five years for Daewoo to be good, they can get the quality now. I can see where they are coming from, as Ford are not having much sales luck with its Euro range, but then again Ford do not market properly (till now). Holden have the name to pull proper Euro cars, if priced right. I'm making a lot of judgements of this car, so Holden prove me wrong. Fact is, Ford are building the Euro Focus here. Full stop.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:00 AM

KRINT is on a distinguished road

Is Australia the first market that the Cruze is going to be released ? I cant see it on GM North America site.
At a good price it will be a good inclusion to the Holden small car range.

Mark Reuss has been quoted in saying the 2010 Aussie built version small car will try and use the best bits of the delta platform from around the world.I hope this is true because id personally be upset if they just stuck a new front and rear end on the Cruze and call that the new Aussie small car.