There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2020, 12:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Right! Totally forgot about that. 0-60MPH in ~5.5 sec, which is indeed quick. It will be interesting to see what the price is for that since I imagine it will not be cheap, and I don't know if the world has been crying out for an expensive RAV4....
In fairness, I think the current Rav 4 hits outside of its weight class. Done properly in Prime form, w/ the right options - I don't see why they couldn't charge $50K (CDN) / $38K USD for it...
Old 05-26-2020, 05:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I think the current Rav 4 hits outside of its weight class.
I admittedly am not intimately familiar w/ the RAV4 or its competitors, but how so? The top trim Tiguan probably does well on features and fairly good on fit and finish (but not in terms of power). The top trims of the CX-5 do well on features, fit/finish, and power. The Hyundai/Kia are do for replacement in the near future and, based on recent products, will probably have excellent interiors in the upper trim levels. The Ford Escape doesn't need to compete here b/c the base Lincoln Corsair starts at $36K.

The Limited hybrid already starts at $37K in the US, so I imagine any upper level Prime would be well over $40K. RAV4s do not have great lease prices in the US, so, at that point, it's probably starting to compete w/ base level GLCs and X3 (Audis also do not lease particularly well in the US).
Old 05-27-2020, 01:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I have 2 friends that have tried to order the Prime version - they've been told don't bother. The wait is +6 months.
Toyota is so weird with the plug-ins. Its like they want to test the waters but not go full supply to the demand that the market is clearly displaying.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I admittedly am not intimately familiar w/ the RAV4 or its competitors, but how so? The top trim Tiguan probably does well on features and fairly good on fit and finish (but not in terms of power). The top trims of the CX-5 do well on features, fit/finish, and power. The Hyundai/Kia are do for replacement in the near future and, based on recent products, will probably have excellent interiors in the upper trim levels. The Ford Escape doesn't need to compete here b/c the base Lincoln Corsair starts at $36K.

The Limited hybrid already starts at $37K in the US, so I imagine any upper level Prime would be well over $40K. RAV4s do not have great lease prices in the US, so, at that point, it's probably starting to compete w/ base level GLCs and X3 (Audis also do not lease particularly well in the US).
I find the Tiguan (at least here in North America pretty average -but I understand the European ones are much better / not as dumbed down)...the Mazda ABSOLUTELY hits out of it's weight class as the K/H twins will do well when the refresh comes out....but the volume drivers (Escape, Equinox, CRV) seem pretty average to me (especially the Ford / GM products).

The Rav has that solid 'thump' when the door is closed...the knobs aren't lose - and don't feel cheap...the materials are solid and it is put together very well. Handling is about on par w/ the others and fuel economy is better than most. It's not as good as the Mazda - but better than the rest to my eyes.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

haji is on a distinguished road

https://response.jp/article/2020/06/17/335665.html
Old 06-18-2020, 09:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

This HArrier/VEnza is an IMO quite good looking car, which this TRD packages immediately ruins.