Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Raconteur

The TVR/Cosworth V8 is closely based on the Ford Coyote V8 rather than loosely because (1) it already puts out over 400 horsepower and (2) it's emissions legal across the planet. Cosworth is looking at reducing rotational inertia so as to bump the redline a bit (which would allow higher peak horsepower) and looking a bit at the flow pattern of the heads/manifolds.

All of that information was available publicly from TVR going on two months ago.

There are also reports that while TVR will produce the new car with a 6 speed manual, they could very well offer--as an option--an automatic with paddle flippers to broaden the appeal of their products.

Americans love big V8s and automatics in their Corvettes, so given TVR's desire to return to the USA...

Both "Griffith" and "Thunder" are in rotation as names.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:59 PM
CSS Veteran

It's about 60% Ford, the internals are completely reworked to allow more power, but that makes it loosely, because otherwise you got a 2 Mustang with a bespoke body! The as for the engine regulations allow all the emissions are set by Ford, but CosWorth are actually working off 2 different figures right ! What TVR wants and What Gordon Murray wants! The plan in place circles around a common goal of a reborn TVR with plenty of power that's a evolution in its DNA! Truth be told TVR is a known unknown to many Americans, I personally have always thought that it was a true sports car brand, that kept it simple! I always thought if it had a bigger budget backer ot would have written history like a Koenigsegg or Pagani! You know 2 of those small supercar start ups that are still around!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!BUGATTI CHIRON WULL GET A SUPERSPORT VARIANT

According to my source in Germany, Bugatti are already set to work on some more upgrades to the quad-turbo -16! According to my Bugatti will not rest on the Chiron's baseline performance and have already started developing a early prototype tune for the Chiron's engine! There's actually 2 ways this performance can be achieved either higher rev count or enlarged displacement! If you all will recall the rumored Super Veyron was said to have displacement bumped up to 9.6 liters and producing 1600 bhp! According to what I heard has performance pegged at 1750-1800+ bhp! This model will get more extreme aerodynamics and likely shedding more weight! Updates coming tomorrow everyone, stay tuned!!
Old 12-15-2015, 04:50 PM

Default Hybrid+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
It's about 60% Ford, the internals are completely reworked to allow more power, but that makes it loosely, because otherwise you got a 2 Mustang with a bespoke body! The as for the engine regulations allow all the emissions are set by Ford, but CosWorth are actually working off 2 different figures right ! What TVR wants and What Gordon Murray wants! The plan in place circles around a common goal of a reborn TVR with plenty of power that's a evolution in its DNA! Truth be told TVR is a known unknown to many Americans, I personally have always thought that it was a true sports car brand, that kept it simple! I always thought if it had a bigger budget backer ot would have written history like a Koenigsegg or Pagani! You know 2 of those small supercar start ups that are still around!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!BUGATTI CHIRON WULL GET A SUPERSPORT VARIANT

According to my source in Germany, Bugatti are already set to work on some more upgrades to the quad-turbo -16! According to my Bugatti will not rest on the Chiron's baseline performance and have already started developing a early prototype tune for the Chiron's engine! There's actually 2 ways this performance can be achieved either higher rev count or enlarged displacement! If you all will recall the rumored Super Veyron was said to have displacement bumped up to 9.6 liters and producing 1600 bhp! According to what I heard has performance pegged at 1750-1800+ bhp! This model will get more extreme aerodynamics and likely shedding more weight! Updates coming tomorrow everyone, stay tuned!!

I've heard some rumours from a friend of mine that it could have a hybrid+ setup with same displacement with a lighter chassi. . . .
Old 12-16-2015, 12:41 AM
Raconteur

LOL I'm assuming you're talking the Chiron and not the TVR with the Ford engine.

Last edited by swizzle; 12-16-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Raconteur

Of course everything that is on the Internet is true, so supposedly...

TVR's new engine is loosely based on the Coyote V8 ONLY in the sense that they are using Ford's Coyote Aluminator version off the shelf from Ford Performance. That version of the Coyote is done in aluminum to reduce weight and is certified to use a bolt-on supercharger for up to 700 horsepower.

Cosworth has made NO internal changes and is designing the exhaust headers because the new TVR will supposedly have side pipes. Cosworth is also tinkering with fuel-injection programming, but the engine is an off-the-shelf Ford unit.

One has to wonder if the Aluminator will show up in a Hellcat chasing Shelby Mustang GT500KR.

TVR is also wisely using the Mustang's transmission, differential, and probably wiring harness. That should give the new TVR some major durability as well as the Mustang's track apps.

Les Edgar got testy when someone characterized the new TVR as a "Mustang", but that was probably due to the wise use of component borrowing.

Clearly, other Ford parts bin scavenging would make developing the new car easy given that the big deal is the Gordon Murray chassis.

Who knows--with TVR--what is real and what is vapor given the illustration they circulated wasn't even theirs to circulate. LOL.

Last edited by swizzle; 01-09-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:24 PM

Japanese tabloids think that NSX will get replaced in 2021 as a 2022 model year. Ted Klaus hinted that there are plans for a nice set of upgrades each year to ensure that the NSX stays competitive. NSX type R is also coming soon and around 50 HP extra and even lighter. 3rd Gen NSX will likely be a Targa along with the hardtop.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:05 PM

Default 2 ton...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE KINGDOM CITY View Post
I've heard some rumours from a friend of mine that it could have a hybrid+ setup with same displacement with a lighter chassi. . . .
I agree i did also hear some rumors about 1500-1600 kg. But it's seems as Bugatti did loose it somewhere amongst the bean counters. Despite the car costing a hefty 2.4 million Euros plus option!

It should have weighing in at at least 200 lbs less.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv65 View Post
Japanese tabloids think that NSX will get replaced in 2021 as a 2022 model year. Ted Klaus hinted that there are plans for a nice set of upgrades each year to ensure that the NSX stays competitive. NSX type R is also coming soon and around 50 HP extra and even lighter. 3rd Gen NSX will likely be a Targa along with the hardtop.
They need to given as how they disgraced themselves by letting the first NSX get older and older and older until it was even more of a joke.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:41 PM

Honda is planning something special for it's 70th birthday as a company, and a Japanese Tabloid (Holiday Auto) is now saying that a new S2000 competitor is in the works that is FR and not MR. Supposed to compete with the BMW/Toyota Sportscar and Hachigo is changing some of Ito's plans. Hachigo is also an Old school thinker, so maybe that is why the change in plans. There are also plans for a small FR roaster as well called S1000 to compete with the sub GT86 replacement. Honda management might have found out that the K20 (Turbo version) is not an ideal engine for the NSX platform and even if they used aborted NSX2.0 MR chassis, it might not have met pricing goals, so FR might be a nice option. Now if only Honda was able to make the platform flexible enough for an Acura sedan.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv65 View Post
Honda is planning something special for it's 70th birthday as a company, and a Japanese Tabloid (Holiday Auto) is now saying that a new S2000 competitor is in the works that is FR and not MR. Supposed to compete with the BMW/Toyota Sportscar and Hachigo is changing some of Ito's plans. Hachigo is also an Old school thinker, so maybe that is why the change in plans. There are also plans for a small FR roaster as well called S1000 to compete with the sub GT86 replacement. Honda management might have found out that the K20 (Turbo version) is not an ideal engine for the NSX platform and even if they used aborted NSX2.0 MR chassis, it might not have met pricing goals, so FR might be a nice option. Now if only Honda was able to make the platform flexible enough for an Acura sedan.
1200 kg, mid-front 300 PS 2.0l Turbo I4, 2 seater compact coupe is THE perfect car.