There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

knihc2008 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to knihc2008
Default JC SpeedCell Concept

I just wanted to put this here so I could get some comments since I didn't get many at the Contest forums. It is my fictional brand's debut for the Detroit Auto Show.

The SpeedCell Concept is One of a Kind: JC breaks new ground with the quick, fuel-cell powered SpeedCell.

Alternative fuels can be practical, thrifty, and environmentally friendly, but for some reason, an alternative fuel will never be taken seriously until it is shown that it can be done quickly. Speed is the soul of JC, so it is only natural that our first foray into the alternative fuel territory is the quickest fuel-cell vehicle concieved to date. The SpeedCell concept is all about speed and superior handling, it's superior traits revolving around the very environmentally friendly skateboard chassis it rides on.

The skateboard chassis provides the SpeedCell a seamless, effortless thrust of power, and not much is needed either; the SpeedCell is extremely lightweight, due to its unique architecture. More so, the skateboard chassis provides for a perfectly balanced drivetrain, the only concentrated weight mass being the driver, who, being placed slightly aft of center, creates a 48/52 front/rear distribution, in fact an ideal weight balance for such a sporting car.

There is more than just weight that makes the SpeedCell an ideal model for making a fuel-cell vehicle quick. Due to the flat nature of the drivetrain, the upper body is a pure exercise in aerodynamics. The low front end is unburdened with an engine or transmission of any sort, just horizontally placed suspension and cabin cooling ducts. The extremely low stance not only allows the SpeedCell to slice through the air in a record-shattering drag coefficiency, but also places the center of gravity for the vehicle below the very ground it stands upon, making for blazing handling trails.

Over all this technical advancement is a sexy, curving and agressive body that harks back to Corvette racers of yore, in a daring and dramatic new way. The curves are extremely emphsized, the wheel fenders dramatically large, anchored in the center by a low middle section which showcases not only the dramatic use of the skateboard chassis but also makes the car appear incredibly hunkered down and set on its four wheels. This car is, by any view, impressive and revolutionary, just like the drivetrain it sits on, yet purposeful and fast, like the supercar it actually is.

If alternative fuels will never be taken seriously until they are shown they can be done quick and sexy, the SpeedCell is a resounding helper to the cause. It shows that skateboard chassis are not only perfect for practical purposes, but also are ideal in so many ways to make a car simply go faster.

JC
Old 01-13-2006, 06:27 PM

yourlilbro is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to yourlilbro

ITS nice,and makes me go tingly all over when i see it...heheh...im not gay...its cool,and it says corvette beater
Old 01-13-2006, 08:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

i love it, the styling is completely unique and beautiful and the shading/reflections are outstanding. one of my favorites from you
Old 01-18-2006, 12:10 AM
CSS Oldtimer

knihc2008 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to knihc2008

haha thanks for the comments guys! and yourlilbro... control yourself there ;D

JC