There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Comrade is on a distinguished road
Default Accord vs. Camry

Vote and discuss.

I wanted to include others like the Altima, Passat, Fusion, etc. but these 2 are the top-selling cars in the US by far and the votes would be all over the place, but the Camry and Honda would probably still be on top. And because I think there is a strong opposition from people who vote for one car over the other, some people who vote for another would end up with their votes basically thrown away. I guess what I'm saying is in this example: If I voted for the Altima and the Camry was on top only 2 votes away fro the Accord, I might have thought "I should have voted for the Accord because I really dislike the Camry." I hope that's ok with everybody.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I voted for the Accord. I used to like the Camry better because of the comfort it offers. But the new Accord does it just as well according to some reviews I've read + overall, it's a better driver's car.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:00 PM
CSS Oldtimer

knicks125 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Comrade)

Styling is a miss on both, in my opinion. Of course, we know styling is probably the least of the purchase criterion from perspective buyers. So, as far as an overall package is concerned, I feel the Accord does it better than the Camry.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Superfresa is on a distinguished road

They are so, completely outdone by the Mondeo, Liberty/Legacy, Octavia and the Mazda 6 in every possible way, that I have to admit I find so little appeal in them that I have ignored them.

I do like the Camry - We dont get the Honda. but for a car that handles averagely at best, looks average at best, is of average value at best, has an average interior at very best, has average consumption at best - I just dont... look at it.

I feel that the Honda Accord Euro should be the real deal accord.

Which of these two blandmobiles do I prefer? Neither. Not when there's so much to chose from for the same money.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 AM
CSS Veteran

TitanSteel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Superfresa)

I chose the Accord out of these two. I do agree with Superfresa about the Subaru Legacy though. But keeping it to these two, the Accord, to me, looks better, has a much nicer interior, and drives much better than the boring, retirement-community-appropriate Camry.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (TitanSteel)

3:0 for the Accord?
I guess this wasn't a close comparison at all. Oops, I screwed up he poll!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Superfresa is on a distinguished road

No, wait. I hadn't voted. Which is the lesser evil? There... 4:0

mmm, I have a mondeo catalogue in front of me.... hehehe....

Old 11-20-2007, 01:25 PM

Nodnarb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Superfresa)

Quote, originally posted by Superfresa »
They are so, completely outdone by the Mondeo, Liberty/Legacy, Octavia and the Mazda 6 in every possible way, that I have to admit I find so little appeal in them that I have ignored them.

I do like the Camry - We dont get the Honda. but for a car that handles averagely at best, looks average at best, is of average value at best, has an average interior at very best, has average consumption at best - I just dont... look at it.

I feel that the Honda Accord Euro should be the real deal accord.

Which of these two blandmobiles do I prefer? Neither. Not when there's so much to chose from for the same money.

I would disagree on them being outdone by the Legacy and the 6 (I have no experience with the Mondeo or Octavia to comment on.) I guess it would depend on what you are looking for. The Accord and Camry trump those two in space, refinement, and efficiency. I suppose if I'm looking for a more sporting ride, the Legacy GT would be the obvious choice, but the Accord is no slouch. Especially in V6 form. And it performs its tricks on regular gasoline. Plus compare a base Legacy to a base Accord and look at the results. The Legacy is rather gutless in naturally aspirated form and especially feels it as it transmits its power to all 4 wheels (more drivetrain loss) And the Accord has one of the best clutch/shifter combos in the business.

There's a reason that the American magazines pick the Accord over the aforementioned 6 and Legacy and that is for balancing handling and comfort, refinement and sporting. It's not that the other two are bad cars, but do not underestimate the Accord because of its intentions. These are all family sedans after all, and not performance machines.

However, given the topic at hand, Accord all the way. I really do not understand the luster of the Camry. Between the two, costs are about equal, reliability used to be about equal (though especially now I give the nod to the Accord.) Plus I've always perceived the fit and finish of the Accord to be about half a step ahead of the Camry. Again, not that either are terrible, but the Accord has, to me, always had a better lay out and some nicer touches. Plus as I said, it has the balance between handling and comfort while the Camry gravitates toward simply comfort.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Nodnarb)

Malibu or Altima.

But if I had to choose between these two--and thank god I don't--I'd go with the Accord because it is by all accounts the more fun to drive, and moreover I prefer the interior.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Santeno is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of either. That said, I applaud Toyota for at least trying to give this vehicle some distinctive styling, and for continuing to give it Lexus levels of fit finish and insulation. Not that the Honda falls too short, but every time I see it in profile the only thing I can think of is:

"where did the port holes on that Buick go?"