Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2007, 07:14 AM

jeremykupfer is on a distinguished road
Default 2009 Dodge Ram

I've spotted the first cooling mule for the 2009 Dodge Ram undergoing hot-weather testing. Photos are at http://www.pickuptruck.com/htm....html and http://allpar.com/model/ram/2009-ram.html.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2009 Dodge Ram (jeremykupfer)

The new Ram's look should be less Nitro/Dakota, and more Rampage. Dodge can't afford to get this wrong.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:30 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mzoltarp is on a distinguished road

Of course breaking the mini semi look would be delightful as well.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member

effew is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (mzoltarp)

Quote, originally posted by mzoltarp »
Of course breaking the mini semi look would be delightful as well.

No it wouldn't.

Every Year they came out with a new Generation of the "Big-Rig" look, sales have spiked, and the competitions sales went lower.

You don't get rid of the immediately identifiable character traits of your model without shooting yourself in the foot. As is right now, when you see a dodge, you say "There's another Dodge" where as back in '93 you'd say "there's another Truck".

Otherwise you make your product nice and Generic, and it tanks, as it's no longer identifiable with your market base.

Just ask Chevy seeing as their product line is getting more and more interesting designs, rather than the boring, generic look they had to try to boost sales. They didn't have a bad product at all, but the styling was so bland and generic, no one bought them. Even with the Impala/Monte Carlo when they dumped the V8's in them and called them SS, only a few bought them, and most you ask about it say it looks too plain, and the FWD platform shouldn't have that kind of power.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:28 PM

cheongyei is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (effew)

Quote, originally posted by effew »

Chevy . . . product line is getting more and more interesting designs, rather than the boring, generic look they had to try to boost sales.

The new Chevy trucks have no style at all. They scream 'generic', with the not to my liking addition of the BIG bar cutting the grille in two horizontally, and HUGE gold Chevy bow-ties. Completely uninteresting, and no meaningful Chevy cues at all except those two silly ones I just noted.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mzoltarp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (effew)

Quote, originally posted by effew »
Every Year they came out with a new Generation of the "Big-Rig" look, sales have spiked, and the competitions sales went lower.

8K rebates notwithstanding...
The F150 is still king.
GM hasn't blinked.
The big rig look increased sales FOR DODGE...Ford is not quaking in its boots.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 PM

JB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (cheongyei)

Quote, originally posted by cheongyei »

The new Chevy trucks have no style at all. They scream 'generic', with the not to my liking addition of the BIG bar cutting the grille in two horizontally, and HUGE gold Chevy bow-ties. Completely uninteresting, and no meaningful Chevy cues at all except those two silly ones I just noted.

You're showing your lack of knowledge of Chevy's history with that statement. EVERY single cue on the Silverado is drawn from a previous generation chevy truck. The fender flares are meant to evoke the 40s-50s chevy half tons, the headlamps/grille layout are meant to evoke the 70s cheyennes. Chevy cues are EVERYWHERE on that truck.

Back to the Dodge though; I'm not sure about the new grille (the charger grille is already iffy, and now they're putting it on a truck?). Regardless, I have no doubt that moving away from the big-rig look will do Dodge a great deal of good. With competitors moving towards more refined and less brash designs, the current look just doesn't work any more.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

boston is on a distinguished road

While this is a Dodgethread not a Chevy thread, as impressive as the new Chevy's look, the fenders remind me of the Ridgeline. Otherwise its pretty bland design which will age quickly
Old 05-22-2007, 04:51 PM

Kebra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (boston)

Quote, originally posted by boston »
While this is a Dodgethread not a Chevy thread, as impressive as the new Chevy's look, the fenders remind me of the Ridgeline. Otherwise its pretty bland design which will age quickly

That's what they said about the old pickups and look were they at now, highest resale value on the market and arguably some of the best pickups ever.

The new Silverado cheapens the look of the competition they just can't stack up to the standard, the Sierra Denali just completely anihilates everything on market right now.

Back to dodge, as a loyal big 3 supporter I really hope that they hit a homerun with this one and incorporate as much as they can from the Rampage concept, the Ram has always been the toughest looking truck in the market, the big rig look is what re-defined the Ram from its previous generation and they can't let the look die.

diesel technology has gotten better and I can't wait what cummings has instored for the new Ram.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (boston)

Quote, originally posted by boston »

By virtue of the fact that they're not as overstyled as, say, the new Tundra, I'm sure the Silverado and Sierra twins will, quite contrarily, age much much better.