Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2007, 02:45 AM

IHaveACarAndIDriveIt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Mr. Renault)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Renault »
all they need now is to import the Ford Mondeo from Europe, give it a Lincoln treatment (front grille, interior, etc) and rebadge it as, say, MkC.

Ya! And the Euro Focus as the MKF!
Also the Euro Galaxy as the MKG!

mmmmmm... MKG....

Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

CosworthKid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (IHaveACarAndIDriveIt)

With Saturn using re-badged Opel's it wouldn't make sense to me that Lincoln would do that. I mean Saturn is a Mercury competitor of sorts right? So shouldn't Lincoln cars be different, even more premium? Seriously guys i am getting really confused with the US car industry system. But i reckon Lincoln shouldn't receive any more re-badged Fords, they have to have more unique product. If their cars need to be based on Fords for the sake of cost cutting they still need to look and feel different IMO. FoMoCo has a HUGE task on their hands trying to differentiate between Ford(NA)-Mercury-Lincoln and even if they do bring the european cars which brand will they position them in and how will it then fair with the others? Perhaps a similar strategy as GM's decision to offer the Opel Zafira as both a Chevy and Saturn with different interiors and exteriors? That would be the only viable choice i reckon.

Anyways i'm sorry to have gone wayyy off topic since these discussions have taken place before in several other threads. Back to the MKS..

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-14-2007, 04:11 AM
Veteran Member

Supremus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (CosworthKid)

Well, it seems when better Buicks are made, Lincoln will make them.

This looks like a great alternative to the Lucerne/Avalon crowd. And nothing more.

A Lincoln flagship this certainly isn't.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:27 AM

Nodnarb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Supremus)

I agree with the mishmash sentiments. The headlights look like they could have come off of an Acura or a Saab. Taillights look like a Kia Amanti. And the roofline/C-pillar reminds me an awful lot of the Lucerne. And the fender badge look ridiculous. The interior looks clean and elegant (minus the gauges), but I wouldn't pay more than $35,000 for it. Twin Force is nice, but I still might be more drawn to the Lucerne Super. Especially with Buick up with Lexus in the quality studies.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

63Bonneville is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

I can't wait to see more specs on this car. It appears shorter than the pictures earlier in this thread with the MB S-Class, BMW 7-Series and Lexus LS, but, then again the length may be the same as the LWB variants, but it's likely visually deceiving perhaps due to it being an overall taller car.

I'm a little let down that the new 3.7L V6 being 270hp (I was hoping for closer to 300hp), which is just a couple of ponies more than the 3.5L V6, but the torque is some 20-25 ft. lbs. greater than the 3.5L. Then again, the Twin-Force Turbo-DGI will be a performance upgrade coming to the MKS within a year from it's intro. This should hold promise if the engine in the MKR concept is any indication, and the MKS is AWD, which should support the greater power and torque of the Twin-Force. I figure that the 3.7L powered MKS with 18" wheels would be the more garden-variety edition.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:12 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Santeno is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Supremus)

Quote, originally posted by Supremus »

Well, it seems when better Buicks are made, Lincoln will make them.

This looks like a great alternative to the Lucerne/Avalon crowd. And nothing more.

A Lincoln flagship this certainly isn't.

Bingo, exactly my thoughts. Especially the C-Pillar. When I first saw it I asked myself why would Lincoln rebadge a Buick, before I realize that they weren't. It seems like a nice enough vehicle, with the acting word being enough (meaning that ford doesn't seem to be doing much more than that). Other than Buick and Avalon shoppers, I don't see this car competing for any other part of the market.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Santeno)

Just noticed this on Inside Line. Gotta love targeted advertising

Old 11-14-2007, 12:25 PM

Nodnarb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (DoMiNo)

http://www.autoblog.com/photos...8598/

New live pics from Autoblog. Another detail I noticed that bugs me is the wasted space below the HVAC controls/in front of the shifter. I wish they had made that into a cubby of sorts. (Perhaps it is, but it doesn't appear to be) They can still leave the Lincoln name on it if they want.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
MERCURY: Mission2020 @FiN

2b2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (63Bonneville, "I'm a little let down that the new 3.7L V6...")

I've read that the hp number is "preliminary" - just like the Taurus's 3.5 went from 250 to 263hp.
Multiplying by 3.7/3.5 gives 283...
I've also read that a non-turbo DI version will be available in the nearer-than-TwinForce future.

edit/oh yeah:
forgot to plug my 'tag-line' for the MKS

"GlamorouS, quietly GlamorouS"
:)

..."a chop is a wish your heart makes"
Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM

MBsam is on a distinguished road

Wow that interior is like a Ford 500/Taurus who always wanted to be an Audi A8 and when he grew up he kinda looked like the Audi but he still basically was the same ol' 500/Taurus. Bravo Ford. Bravo.