Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2020, 04:50 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Volkswagen ID.4

"[T]he entry-level compact SUV features an electric motor located at the rear. Driving the rear wheels, it develops 201 horsepower and 228 pound-feet (309 Nm) of torque. The motor is powered by an 82 kWh battery pack (gross capacity) positioned in the underbody, offering an estimated driving range of 250 miles (402 km) on a full charge on the EPA cycle. A more powerful, electric all-wheel-drive variant with an additional motor and 302 horsepower will follow later in 2021."

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/20...ain-for-39995/
Old 09-23-2020, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

it's not horrible, but I prefer the Skoda version. But the price is attractive but I expect it to jump quite quickly with options.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

Does it have a frunk? I am guessing it doesn't, like most electric cars. That says something about the excellent packaging Tesla is getting on their cars.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
I prefer the Skoda version
Agreed.

I think the ID.4 has an appealing exterior, but the interior is kind of a let-down, esp compared to the Skoda version (which looks a lot more upscale to me). While the gauge display in both versions (VW and Skoda) appear to be the same size, the lack of housing for the VW version just makes it seem exceptionally cheap (as do the graphics, which already seem a bit dated, and the small screen size).

Having said that, the specs seem to be competitive.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Agreed.

I think the ID.4 has an appealing exterior, but the interior is kind of a let-down, esp compared to the Skoda version (which looks a lot more upscale to me). While the gauge display in both versions (VW and Skoda) appear to be the same size, the lack of housing for the VW version just makes it seem exceptionally cheap (as do the graphics, which already seem a bit dated, and the small screen size).

Having said that, the specs seem to be competitive.
+1

The materials certainly look like an upgrade over the ID3, since it appears to have the VW typical soft touch upper door and dash panels, but the detailing still seems quite basic. The Enyaq's interior looks much more upscale, especially around the center console and lower half of the dash. How does the pricing compare in Europe, I wonder? Surely the VW isn't more expensive?

The outside looks good, though, a much cleaner design than some of VW's recent efforts like the Polo and T-Cross. Overall probably one of the more appealing EV options out there now, especially with free use of the Electrify America network for 3 years. I'd certainly prefer it over an entry-level Model 3 or Y, if only because I can't stand Elon Musk.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:36 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

It's clean. But something about the exterior give me a toy-car/plastic vibe. The black cladding is pretty substantial.
the interior is the same story. Where the iD3 is compact, this is not and the deliberate "tacked on" look of the speedo and infotainment comes off as just spartan. I hadn't realized how thick the bezel around the speedo cluster was either.

Agree that the Skoda interior looks vastly better, in every way...
Old 09-24-2020, 07:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

It looks okay, nothing great, nothing bad outside; A bit too much "Generic EV Cross over" here and there, but not ruining anything; Inside though, I think that would be olay for a 20k EUR car, not necessarily in the ballpark of this ID.4 (and yes, just like the ID.3, the base price is nothing more than a bait; ID.3 press cars tend to be close to TEsla 3 money in reality, so I don#t expect the ID.4 to be magically cheap, in Europe at least);

But the biggest problem will be that the Skoda Enyaq is significantly more premium looking in and outside, and likely cheaper; ANd in many dealerships, will be a sold next door to the ID.4
Old 09-24-2020, 10:18 AM

ndjan is on a distinguished road

It's overpriced.

The Nissan Ariya seems like it's direct competitor. It looks to be priced more than the Nissan by a few thousand, doesn't have the sophisticated self-driving capabilities, has less range and is a lot less powerful. And the interior doesn't even come close.

Last edited by ndjan; 09-24-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

The range is just adequate. I like the look of the product though. I've never had an issue w/ the iD series interior - so this was fine for me.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:10 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndjan View Post
It's overpriced.

The Nissan Ariya seems like it's direct competitor. It looks to be priced more than the Nissan by a few thousand, doesn't have the sophisticated self-driving capabilities, has less range and is a lot less powerful. And the interior doesn't even come close.
Huh? Beyond the estimated pricing for Japan, which is about $46,000, I've heard $40K being the estimate for the Ariya in the US, so basically the same as the VW.

This starts at 39K, so with the incentive it would start around 32K.