Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2015, 01:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Now for another update...

Recent reports cropped up that Lexus will not be producing a successor to the LFA halocar anytime soon, or at least, not yet. A lot was learned by the staff, for engineering and producing the LFA, that much more advances can be applied to the core models. Instead, we will see more F Sport and hard-core F high-performance variants of more models. Also, the anticipated LF-LC concept coupe, which is reportedly green-lit, will be a flagship coupe, with high-power, and though not be in the same segment at the LFA, it will still stand out on top, and the next-generation LS flagship sedan could get the more aggressive design-language past the spindle-top grill, and could get higher-end F Sport and F editions, too.

A start-up Scandinavian/Finland-based company, Toroidion, is set to introduce an all-electric supercar, the 1MW. The name 1MW, stands for one mega-watt, and this is reported to put out some 1,341HP from electric power. The 1MW is set for debut in April at the Top Marques Monaco show. Here's a link to the report: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/10/m...tric-supercar/

A follow-up to the Quant F all-electric 4-seat gullwing concept, which debuted last year at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show, will debut in March at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show. This time, it appears closer to production, as well as far more advanced, with a greater range as well as greater power output. This is powered by a new flow cell battery technology. Here's a link to the report: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...eva-motor-show
Old 02-13-2015, 04:16 PM
CSS Veteran

Breaking news! Aston Martin Surprises at Geneva

My source just confirmed that Aston Martin will reveal a new hypercar project that will showcase its motorsports heritage as well as the company's next generation styling! My source is hinting that it could very well be a preview of the One-77 successor for the road, as well as the beginning of the partnership between Mercedes-AMG and Aston Martin! My source does say that the new model will be limited production, and could be Aston Martin's answer for Ferrari's XX, and McLaren 's GTR!

More news to come
Old 02-14-2015, 09:15 AM

Breaking news...those news has already being publish yesterday by other car webpages.
Aston Martin Vulcan.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:16 PM
CSS Veteran

Well I rarely go to other news sites for their news, mostly because it's to vague about the topic! But hey maybe I was late this time? But I can say that it's a lot more to this project besides a track focused model! There's a reason why the Vulcan wasn't show in the teaser? What if I was to tell you something that the news outlets haven't ? The car is a new design for Aston Martin, the chassis is not, nor is it's running gear! This was the very last project signed off on by former CEO Ulrich Bez! The chassis is the development of a Lola racing chassis! If you all will remember Aston Martin entered LMP racing with Lola, and since their collapse Aston Martin has been sitting on leftover carbon fiber tubs! According to my source, with the development of a second variant of said Lola carbon fiber tubs, the company has come up with Project Vulcan! Expect a Aston like No other!
Old 02-16-2015, 05:57 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I'm not only looking forward to what this Aston-Martin Vulcan will be, but also what will be announced, as a result of the cash-infusion. I know that a new chassis is in development, but I'm also hoping that the line-up expands, including sedans, 4-door coupes, and crossovers and SUVs, these of which could be Lagonda models.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
I'm not only looking forward to what this Aston-Martin Vulcan will be, but also what will be announced, as a result of the cash-infusion. I know that a new chassis is in development, but I'm also hoping that the line-up expands, including sedans, 4-door coupes, and crossovers and SUVs, these of which could be Lagonda models.
It will have an exclusive v12 and be produce in very small quantity on old platform and probably won't be road legal. Those concept probably won't have such a huge influence on future Aston Martins. Design-wise...who knows..maybe it will have same influence as Cadillac Sixteen had on CTS (not many).
Sharing engines (v8 twin turbo..and v12) and platform with Mercedes will probably have much bigger influence.
I'm hoping it will be an interesting car to see.

Cadillac CT6 is also arriving in march so if CT6 is flop (i hope it is not and i hope it has more Elmiraj than ATS in design...but i doubt it) at least there will be some good cars presented in march.

Last edited by asrapid; 02-16-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 PM
CSS Veteran

Breaking News!!! Pagani working on Huayra successor Already

If everyone will remember, Horacio Pagani driving the MSO McLaren P1 in Italy, according to my source the project is more then testing the waters for faster Huayra, but for its successor! My source has confirmed that that Pagani will limit the Huayra production to no more then 200 cars in total! This was agreed upon by Mercedes-AMG and Pagani with plans for the AMG Twin-Turbo V-12 ready to end with these models! My source says this engine will be replaced by a version of the new twin-turbo 4.0 liter V-8 good for about 640 bhp, and if Horacio Pagani sees fit, this engine could get a Bosch developed hybrid system good for about 200-230 bhp for a total of 870 bhp for starter! According to the whispers in Italy, early design work is underway for a compact hypercar that's extra light and focused concept! If anyone calls into account Automobile Magazine issue for February 2015, Horacio Pagani gives a interview and states that they will keep designing!
Old 02-20-2015, 12:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Now it's time for updates...

This has been all over the automotive news sites, and it was expected and inevitable - Rolls-Royce announces the green-light for the upcoming SUV, a super-SUV, shall we say. Details will be out in time, I'm sure, but, according to reports, this will be on an all-new aluminum chassis, and not based on the upcoming large BMW X7 SUV.

Of course, Rolls-Royce would be a player in the field, for Bentley will soon introduce the Bentayga. You also have Maserati coming out with the Levante, plus, as mentioned, there's BMW with the upcoming X7, Audi confirmed a Q8, which may be an SUV-coupe, and, I believe that a large Q9 would be in the works. Though not confirmed, Merecdes-Benz would likely put out a Maybach variant of the (next-generation) GL-Class (soon to be renamed GLS-Class) full-sized SUV, where, rumor has it that the next-generation GLS-Class will get a regular and long-wheelbase variant. I understand that Lamborghini as not yet green-lit the Urus SUV, but with all the competition, it may not want to be left out of the arena, so, I can see the raging-bull move forward with it, if it hadn't already has given the Urus the go-ahead. As far as Aston-Martin, with it's recent cash-infusion, I can see an SUV in the lineup, but likely as a Lagonda. That leaves Ferrari, and now, with Marchionne in charge, you'll never know, especially if Lamborghini gets into the game.

Next, photos have been released of the upcoming Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman, which will be introduced soon at Geneva. This will be in an armored and non-armored version, and is even bigger than the now defunct Maybach 62 (W140-based) and the Rolls-Royce LWB Phantom sedan. In this thread, it was predicted as the "Grosser" and the "Pullman" large variants of the current S-Class, close, where only a naming was off, but the Maybach is now a sub-brand, like AMG, but the two won't cross.

Teasers of an upcoming, all-new electric supercar, and from a Finnish-based company, Toroidion, and called the 1MW. The power put out from the electric-motors is 1000kW, which is one megawatt (hence the name 1MW), which is equivalent to 1,341HP. This, as a result, will be the world's most powerful electric-vehicle. Expect the Toroidion 1MW to debut in April at the Top Marques event in Monaco. Here's a link to the report: http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/a-n...is-on-its.html

Here's a teaser of a a debut at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show next month, from Spain's supercar-builder Spania GTA, the GT Spano, powered by a Dodge Viper-sourced 8.0L V10, with twin turbos putting out 925HP and 921.8ft-lb of torque. Here's a link to the report: http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/spa...-with-new.html

Another thing that I want to mention, and I don't know if this really has a place in this thread or not, is all the reports of late of Apple Computer, a very rich company, believed to be developing a car, or getting into the auto-industry, and with "Project Titan". There's also suspect of luring employees and engineers from other companies, and already has hundreds of employees with automotive engineering experience. If this is in development, this should be interesting to follow, and it's even been said to "give Tesla a run for it's money". If so, and with Tesla's class and power, all the way up the the Model S P85D, this should be something to look out for. Of course, Apple could tap into different segments of automotive offerings, too, from what I can perceive. Going on a slight tangent, I'm also hoping that Fisker gets back on track, too, with the backing of China's Wanxiang.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:02 AM

NSX will have the most customization of any Honda/Acura product today. You can really customize it your specs, and things like carbon ceramic brakes will likely be an option.
Old Today, 04:16 AM
Raconteur

Extremely great news: 2016 Jensen GT and an Interceptor to follow. Now let's hope it actually happens.

Last edited by swizzle; Today at 01:59 PM.