Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2014, 05:02 AM
CSS Veteran

I'm sorry for the wait, but I'm to be back with more updates! So lets get right into it!

MCLAREN, is hard at work on a special edition of the P1! This new car is said to be a extreme version likely a road-going version of the P1GTR which was revealed earlier today! Expect a extra 45-55 bhp to bring it closer to the Ferrari LaFerrari!

FERRARI, are currently working on facelifts there current model range as well as planned LaFerrari Spider! My source has revealed to me that the Spider will have a removable roof panels as well as more advanced aerodynamics to stabilize the car at speed! According to my source this car will arrive after the upcoming Ferrari XX LaFerrari! This car will push the limits of aerodynamics and performance for Ferrari! My source says the rear lights being taken out as well as weight saving measurements the company is set fot almost 100 BHP added for a total of 1050 PS which is 1041 BHP! We will also see the 458 facelift with power pushing closer to 650 BHP from a twin turbo 3.9 liter V-8! Though rumors suggedt the FF facelift will get a V-8 variant but this is false, that car will be the California T successor in fact!

My source recently revealed to me that Mercedes-AMG eill succeed the SLS with a new supercar in roughly 7 years time! This new car will likely be a new concept all together! A new 2 seat model that could bring back the gullwing doors! My source says that currently there are 2 concepts that are under consideration the first is a front mid-engine and the second is a true mid-engine concept both would use highly advanced twin-turbo V-8's good for about 650-750 BHP!

More news to come soon enough, stay tuned
Old 08-23-2014, 11:40 PM
CSS Veteran

According to my source close to the upcoming Bugatti, the base model will make 1500 BHP while a SuperSport will make about 1700 BHP with a targeted topspeed of 300 mph! My source also stated it could be shown at the 2015 Geneva Autoshow ad the Veyron numbers are starting to winding down to roughly 10 cars at present! My source also states that Bugatti chairman Wolfgang Durheimer and VAG Design Director Walter De' Silva have signed off on the concept for production and we will see a advanced aerodynamic shape with a evolution of the Veyron's shape!

Not to be out done, Koenigsegg have started to work on several new engine concepts for the Agera successor! With a target of 1500-1600 BHP that will aim at the same weight as the 1:1 which means extreme performance figures!!!

Pagani has finalized the plans for the Huayra roadster and a Huayra F which will likely push the twin-turbo 6.0 liter V-12 to about 850 BHP! We will also see a facelift happen during this time! Also under consideration is a project labeled Monza which is rumored to be the Huayra R track racer!!!

More news to come soon, stay tuned
Old 08-27-2014, 04:28 PM

Default the future

of sportscars? could the old concept of a mercedes benz f400 be the future in a very densed urban environment? plus on top of that getting rid of fossil fuel?

i would think that in 10 years time we will have a situation where, sportscars of very famous brands would gradually slowly be going over to pure electrified vehicles! ferrari would probably be the last, while porsche and mclaren among the first ones!

why not a new porsche boxter with pure electrical power?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:42 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Now, according to this latest report, it gives a ray of hope regarding the Bugatti 16C Galibier, which was given the axe by the previous CEO, Wolfgang Schreiber, for Bugatti and Bentley, but now that Wolfgang Dürheimer, who's back now, is at the helm, you never know, for he states the "the project is on ice", and not dead, adds a glimmer of hope. Then again, now that he's back, at Bentley, the Mulsanne Convertible is now back on deck, and possible a hardtop-coupe. Here's one of the reports pertaining to this: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/04/b...-on-the-table/

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 09-05-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:49 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Here's more updates...

According to latest reports, Audi is set to introduce a concept at the upcoming 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show in late November, this being a concept to showcase a future design-language, and also to preview the upcoming A9 flagship, which would be a 4-door coupe (perhaps like an enlarged and more upmarket A7). The A9 had been reported on, and has been touched upon in this thread, as well as in other blogs, but, for some time, there were no updates on the A9, where I, personally, even forgot about it, up until now, This is reminding me of a concept that Infiniti is set to introduce, a large flagship concept set to preview it's upcoming Q80 (perhaps also a Q90), at the 2014 Paris Auto Show in early October, which is another update in itself, and teasers have been released. Here is one of the reports on the Audi A9 concept: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...les-motor-show

Building on my previous post, and regarding the Bugatti C16 Galibier concept, now where the new/current CEO states that "the project is on ice", and not dead, I had thoughts that, because of the progress and man-hours on it, that it would either be converted or resurface as a range-topping Audi A9 or possibly a Bentley 4-door coupe of sorts, so it doesn't go to waste. Now, because of that latest report and quote, it gives some hope, and Wolfgang Dürheimer brought back the canceled Bentley Mulsanne Azure convertible project, and maybe even a new Brooklands coupe. To look at automotive history here, the original Buick Riviera was originally supposed to be a Cadillac, a new LaSalle model, but it was turned down by the wreath & crest division, hence it was given to Buick division. To get a little whimsical, the Batmobile for the famed 1960s TV series was made from a 1950s Lincoln Futura concept via George Barris.

Also, according to recent reports, the Bugatti Veyron successor may possibly be renamed the Chiron, taken from a late 1990s concept. Here's on of the reports on this: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/08/b...cement-report/

Here's another one that I'm wondering about, now at Cadillac - now that Johan De Nysschen, from Infiniti, and with a lot of time a Audi prior to that, is now the division-chief, and put a strong plan for Infiniti in place, which is reportedly taking hold, going up to Q80 and possibly also a Q90 flagship, I'm wondering if he'll even move Cadillac even more forward. It's given that the Omega-based large flagship sedan is moving forward, there are test-mules, and it's set for debut next year, possibly at the 2015 New York Auto Show. I'm now wondering if he's push for a projection Elmiraj Coupe, which is on the same chassis, and would be something of a lower-volume offering. Also, what I'm wondering is if an even larger, stretch Omega-based even larger sedan would be back on the table, one to compete more with the Rolls-Royce and Bentley offerings? It was reported some time ago that this part of the plan was canceled, but the regular flagship would more forward, which it is. I did speak with a rep/source at the Cadillac tent at the recent 2014 Greenwich, CT Concours d'Elegance, who couldn't reveal much (at GM, revealing proprietary information is grounds for dismissal, I'm told), but the source did state that the Omega chassis is designed to be stretched to a 226" overall-length. Also, the test-mule of the upcoming "LTS" Omega-sedan flagship, itself, appears quite large, even more so than an S-Class and 7-Series LWB, looking sized more to a regular-wheelbase Rolls-Royce Ghost sedan, at least. That's how I view it, taking proportions into account.

Cadillac has a lot going on, and will have high-performance ATS-V as well as a CTS-V, the latter likely with an LT4 supercharged 6.2L V8. I can see at least a Vsport variant of the upcoming "LTS" flagship with a potent V8 mill. Even though it's stated that Cadillac's "future is in rear-wheel-drive", I'm kind of hoping that the XTS remains around. It's sharp, and it's one not to alienate the loyalists, or older-demographic, being front-drive bias, and you have a sweet XTS Vsport. The XTS to Cadillac can be like the ES to Lexus. The next SRX will remain front-drive bias, too/ Also, latest reports say that a large crossover is back on the table, one to bridge between the SRX and Escalade. If the future at the Crest (wreath is gone on latest logo) is RWD, I would wonder, as well as some others, if a larger crossover is also to be Omega-based, to recoup investment on the platform. I'm also wondering, and hoping, that more would be based on the Omega, to further justify investment and costs, such as not only "LTS" variants, but, maybe a large RWD flagship for Buick division? This is my take, plus hope and speculation.

Going on to Chrysler now, or shall we say, FCA - Reports have stated that the (now again) Dodge Viper, not to be outdone by the new Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcats (now with 707HP from the supercharged 6.2L Hemi, which appears to place these in hypercar territory), is reported to eventually get a supercharged V10, either as a variant or a successor. It's said that the supercharged V10 would produce some 800HP, for much engineering would have to be done to the chassis and components to accommodate 1000HP. The Hellcat 6.2L blown Hemi V8 would not fit into the current Viper without costly and extensive modifications, so the V10 would have to be force-fed. If that's the case, that would be right, for the Viper would again trump the Charger and Challenger Hellcats, and is more of an exotic and exclusive offering, which is the advantage for the Viper.

Also, at Chrysler division, the 300 line is up for revisions and a facelift like it's Dodge Charger and Challenger cousins. Now that SRT is folded into Dodge division as a high-performance, tuning-arm, it's reported that the SRT of the Chrysler 300 will not be a part of the revision, even though the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is continuing. What I'm wondering, and this was touched on by several reports, is that even though there won't be, according to reports, a 300 SRT, that some or much of the SRT equipment will still be offered as an option on the updated 300. Now, what I'm wondering is, and it was even mentioned in at least one report, that the 6.4L Hemi V8, uprated to 485HP, will still be offered in the 300 as a performance option, even if not an SRT? That, I would hope, and it still would be the next best thing. I can believe that for in the 2015 non-SRT Dodge Challengers, the 6.4L "392" can now be had. I'm wondering and hoping, and we'll soon find out.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:34 PM
CSS Veteran

Breaking News; Wolfgang Durheimer's plans

As 63Bonneville stated Bugatti has put the 16C could make a move towards being production bound! According to my close source the super luxury saloon would be placed below the Chiron ( Veyron replacement) at about $900,000-$1 million flat! The car would likely use a version of the Bentley Mulsanne replacement's chassis which will be developed by Porsche instead of the Audi A8 aluminum spaceframe to cut development cost! Under the hood will be a development of the Veyron W-16 good for 1150 bhp in base form with as much as 1350 bhp in SuperSport variant!

As if that was enough my source that Wolfgang Durheimer has long been known to favor a true mid-engine supercar! My source says what had him ousted at Audi could happen at Bentley! My source says this project is linked to the Project Scorpion at Audi would not be a entry-level car at all it would likely use a variant the Porsche 918 chassis with power coming from the W12 and a hybrid system! Power would be set at about 750-800 bhp and s pricetag of about $600,000-650,000 and would be the brands halo car!

Next updates to include Mclaren, Ferrari, and Lamborghini! !!
Old 09-30-2014, 05:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Now to move on with an update...

According to this report, the previously-canceled R10 hybrid supercar-project is now back on the table and given the green-light. This R10 supercar, of course, will be positioned above the R8 (a new-generation R8 is around the corner), and would be inspired by the 2014 Audi R18 e-tron Quattro Le Mans racer and use it's technology. The R10 project is now revised, and will not use a Diesel engine for the internal-combustion part, but a newly-developed 6.0L V10 gasoline engine mated to an electric motor. Collectively, the output could be close to 1,000HP! Here is a link to the report: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...k-on-the-table
Old 10-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Default R10

What could it cost V.A.G.? It should be cheaper than the beautiful Porsche 918?

1. Bugatti "Chiron" about 1.4-1.6 million € as base price

2. Bentley "W10 or W14 price circa 1.0 - 1.2 million €

3. Porsche 918 Spyder (and Coupé?) circa 800000 € - 1 million €

4. Audi "R10" about 600000 - 800000 €