currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2020, 07:07 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road
Default Acura product roadmap to 2022

Motor Trend posted this pic on a recent article about the upcoming MDX:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021...s-speculation/

The only thing that we haven't seen in any manner is the new compact sedan (good riddance, ILX). The RDX and TLX are supposedly based on bespoke platforms. Wonder if the same will be true for the ILX replacement....
Old 06-03-2020, 12:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Sorry - 2022 has a new TLX? Didn't they just release the new TLX video to launch this summer?
Old 06-03-2020, 01:17 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Sorry - 2022 has a new TLX? Didn't they just release the new TLX video to launch this summer?
Nah, just a poor graphic. Both the TLX and MDX are new for 2020, this year (in-between their 2019-2022 listed). That's the one that stays "new" in 2022. RDX was the start of their model revamp in 2019 so I believe that's why they began then.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:12 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Given the size of the current RDX, they really need something to slot below it (hello CDX) if they want to cover their bases (2 sedans and 2 crossovers at this point is not enough). That should be in this product plan but it's obviously not. Here's hoping the next gen CDX makes its way here.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:06 PM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Given the size of the current RDX, they really need something to slot below it (hello CDX) if they want to cover their bases (2 sedans and 2 crossovers at this point is not enough). That should be in this product plan but it's obviously not. Here's hoping the next gen CDX makes its way here.
I've heard dealers really wanted the current CDX, and it wouldn't have taken much effort to certify the product for the USA. However, producing that car is a big issue; since it's only made in China, and they can't really produce it at any other factory in the US or Mexico. It could have been imported, but then US trade with China disintegrated, so that was out as well.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:33 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I've heard dealers really wanted the current CDX, and it wouldn't have taken much effort to certify the product for the USA. However, producing that car is a big issue; since it's only made in China, and they can't really produce it at any other factory in the US or Mexico. It could have been imported, but then US trade with China disintegrated, so that was out as well.
No surprise re: dealers. Given that the current gen is a cousin of the HR-V, perhaps we'll see the next gen here and it could be produced alongside the HR-V.