Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Monospace interior doesn't make for road noise. Crap tires and bad sound damping make for bad road noise.
Monospace interiors MOST DECIDEDLY DO have NVH issues to be solved because in essence they invite engine and road noise in. When the windshield extends over the engine, the risk is that engine noise comes in and in the Fit it does BIG TIME. A sedan by contrast with its three boxes better isolates the noise.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Monospace interiors MOST DECIDEDLY DO have NVH issues to be solved because in essence they invite engine and road noise in. When the windshield extends over the engine, the risk is that engine noise comes in and in the Fit it does BIG TIME. A sedan by contrast with its three boxes better isolates the noise.
I need a source for that, because it doesn't make sense. In that case, all minivans have NVH issues.

If you want to say the Fit has poor sound insulation, go ahead. Do not say the monospace shape makes for road noise because that's not really true.

My Yaris has a similar design (not extreme, though) and it doesn't have these problems. The current Accord is a 3-box design and it's also been complained against for having a noisy ride.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I need a source for that...
You need a source for common sense? Are you saying that early American monospace vans that brought the engine inside the passenger compartment were noisy for some other reason? Clearly you do not read any car magazines because if you did you would see commentary about NVH suppression on monospace vehicles.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I'm surprised to hear that anyone here cares enough about Minivans to argue about them on this board.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:28 PM

http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1057391

Part 6 of the 7 part article. It is an entire article broken up into 7 parts by the original poster. Part 5 mainly focuses on motorcycles. I can post it if you want. Part 6 focuses on why Honda will not form an alliance with another car company. It also mentions that Nissan not Honda is Toyota's biggest rival. It also explains why Honda has all but dropped out in Europe and is struggling in the US.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
I'm surprised to hear that anyone here cares enough about Minivans to argue about them on this board.
Nice try but it fizzled
Old 04-20-2012, 05:35 AM

http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1057704

Part 7 of the 7 part article on Honda. This was in the January 2012 issue of BOSS a Japanese business journal magazine.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 AM

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...age_id=1057367

Part 5 of 7, for the heck of it. This part focuses on Motorcycles, but it could be relevant on how Honda management works.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 AM

New Accord to get 6AT (v6) and CVT (i4). Honda is planning a Touring trim for the Accord which will be a high end v6 model above the EX v6 model. This new CVT is quite good according to ToV and they say it is more like a normal AT.

New Accord will have 2 Hybrid options. One is the plugin which is coming out by the end of this year and the regular hybrid which should be out by early next year. 9th Gen Accord hybrid will not be IMA based, but rather the new system that Honda demonstrated a while back.

Just some more info on the Accord.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Raconteur

If the CVT is more like a normal AT then why not do an AT?