There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
According to my sources the Mercedes SLS 4 door model would be a concept only at this point! Accordibg to my sources the reason for the design study is to see if AMG could develop and 4 door model in house and possibly build it! My sources suggest that this concept would likely be a planned project and if it sees production it would likely be badged as a AMG model to compliment the SLS and SLC!
One thing that I realized, regarding the patent-drawing and filing for the 4-door, 2-row Mercedes-Benz/AMG SLS, is that it's the direct-opposite set-up of the just-introduced Tesla Model X crossover/SUV, where the proposal of this SLS variant has front gullwing-doors and the rear are rear-hinged, "suicide" types, the Tesla has conventional front-hinged front doors, and the rear doors are the "falcon" type, or what Tesla likes to call the gullwing doors for this model. Also, Daimler owns a small stake in Tesla and has a partnership, so, could there be some parallels in this design? The Tesla Model X, I believe, is a production-prototype, also.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSONY View Post
BMW has something nice for Beijing in April, apparently, along with the facelifted 7 Series. A part from that, it seems comfirmed the next-gen 7 Series will come in three different body styles. SWB, LWB and 4 dr Coupe. The CS was meant to be the link between BMW and RR, in 2015 BMW will try it again I think. I think they might name it 7 Series Gran Coupe, or even better, 8 Series. The original CS was being engineered by BMW M and the interior was gonna be built in RR plant in the UK.
Speaking of the next-generation BMW 7-Series, here's a report that just surfaced, that indicated that the next-generation of this large sedan will employ some carbon-fiber construction, and in combination with steels and aluminum, in the vehicle's make-up. Here's a link to the report, posted below:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ber-components
Old 02-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
Speaking of the next-generation BMW 7-Series, here's a report that just surfaced, that indicated that the next-generation of this large sedan will employ some carbon-fiber construction, and in combination with steels and aluminum, in the vehicle's make-up. Here's a link to the report, posted below:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ber-components
It will be the first one to use it, the others will follow.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Now, here's another update, the anticipated Lamborghini SUV, which looks to be called the MLC, is set to debut at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show in April, likely in production-close concept form. The report states that it will be a 3-door SUV. The same reports also indicate that the much-loved Evoque 4-door coupe is not dead, and still well considered for production. Here's a link to a report on this, posted below:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/23/l...till-not-dead/
Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member

Hmmm, we might see a potential conflict here. As far as I know, the MB ML 4 door coupe was gonna be called MLC.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSONY View Post
Hmmm, we might see a potential conflict here. As far as I know, the MB ML 4 door coupe was gonna be called MLC.
First come, first served: If Mercedes hasn't registered the MLC trademark, then Lamborghini is free to call their SUV MLC. Mercedes has no right to forbid that.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 AM
CSS Veteran

Sorry for the long wait , but as we all know I'm currently in Europe preparing for the Geneva Autoshow, I'm here in france and have met with my friends close to Bugatti and have heard some major news already! According to this source 2 Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse are about half way finished for customers! Amoungst them is a rich blue and Bugatti racing Blue, and the second has thus far onyl been made a rolling chassis with the engine( No body panels have been placed on this mode thus far)! According to my sources this model will use the SuperSports 1183 BHP W-16 that will see the electronically limited 258 MPH be capable without problem! My sources confirmed to me that the Bugatti Vitessepdes showcase the reshaped air intakes above the rollcage of the cockpit! My sources say they are flatter to keep more air in to cool the engine faster! He stated to me that the Vitesse is also a test bed for another Bugatti that will be the swansong of the Veyron legacy, this model would likely be more of a Ferrari FXX varient for the road, with plans for as much as1250 BHP and a estimated topspeed target of 278 MPH! Expect Bugatti Chairman Wolfgang Durheimer to play a major part in the devleopment of this swansong Veyron varient, as he is more focused to improve the performence of this mdoel1 last time before they Veyron rides off into the sunset! This also confirms the Ricardo duel-clutch transmission deal extention for 2 years! this model is slated to be the fastest and most extreme Veyron Varient ever! My sources also stated to me that Buagtti has a new prototype of the 16C Galibier that is longer, and more sculpted then the concept! He stated to me that this new concept is heavily camoflagged front andn rear made to look like a Bentley Mulsanne painted in Matte Black the only thing that lets you know tis a Bugatti is the rims, which are developments of the Bugatti Nocture''s rim set, and showcasing large air vents on the front hood and fenders! He also stated to me that this new model has been developed by Bugatti and would likely showcase some major engineering changes now that Rolf Frech has arrived at Bentley and who better to help develop the 16C Galibier/ Royale saloon then the 2 men who were responsible for the Porsche Panamera and Cayenne!

Beyond this my sources say that Lamborghini Chairman Stephen Winkelman has been seen at Molsheim alot as of late supposed to tlak about Lamborhgini Racing Programs for the upcoming years! My sources from Italy stated to em that the Lamborghini SSUV will be named the MLC only in concept, its short for Multi-purpose Lamborghini Crossover,( So Mercedes is safe for the MLC nameplate for there SUV coupe X6 competitor) the production name would likely be more bullish then anything else before it! My sources say the conceot is powered by the Gallardo 570-4's 5.2 liter V-10 and would be a true 4 door model! He stated to me that this mdoel would be shown in April offically and though many are now counting the Estoque out, they should not just yet! The world will see this new concept and VAG board will gauge the fan base for both model before 1 is signed off on, not saying that both won't arrive, but they won't arrive at the same time! My sources also stated to me that another reason for his constant visits to Molsheim, has been to gauge the work that both companies are putting into the successor to the Veyron the Aerolithe hypercar which will arrive about 2016 shortly after the arrival of the 16C Galibier/ Royale saloon! My sources stated to me that Bugatti and Lamborghini Engineers have worked closely on this program and are looking to cut weight where possible from the offset of the project! My sources say the engine has been reworked for this new hypercar to improve fuel economy and performence overall! My sources sya the company will continue to modify the W-16 though my sources suggest this engine will be a new engine built by mating 2 of the new Bentley developed twin-turbo V-8's.

More news to come soon enough, as we are set to be at Geneva's Autoshow later this week! Stay tuned for updates directly from the Autoshow! I will likely give a major update sometime this week before I reach Geneva for more news about Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Pagani, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, amoungst others~!!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM

Thumbs up "Jota"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
Sorry for the long wait , but as we all know I'm currently in Europe preparing for the Geneva Autoshow, I'm here in france and have met with my friends close to Bugatti and have heard some major news already! According to this source 2 Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse are about half way finished for customers! Amoungst them is a rich blue and Bugatti racing Blue, and the second has thus far onyl been made a rolling chassis with the engine( No body panels have been placed on this mode thus far)! According to my sources this model will use the SuperSports 1183 BHP W-16 that will see the electronically limited 258 MPH be capable without problem! My sources confirmed to me that the Bugatti Vitessepdes showcase the reshaped air intakes above the rollcage of the cockpit! My sources say they are flatter to keep more air in to cool the engine faster! He stated to me that the Vitesse is also a test bed for another Bugatti that will be the swansong of the Veyron legacy, this model would likely be more of a Ferrari FXX varient for the road, with plans for as much as1250 BHP and a estimated topspeed target of 278 MPH! Expect Bugatti Chairman Wolfgang Durheimer to play a major part in the devleopment of this swansong Veyron varient, as he is more focused to improve the performence of this mdoel1 last time before they Veyron rides off into the sunset! This also confirms the Ricardo duel-clutch transmission deal extention for 2 years! this model is slated to be the fastest and most extreme Veyron Varient ever! My sources also stated to me that Buagtti has a new prototype of the 16C Galibier that is longer, and more sculpted then the concept! He stated to me that this new concept is heavily camoflagged front andn rear made to look like a Bentley Mulsanne painted in Matte Black the only thing that lets you know tis a Bugatti is the rims, which are developments of the Bugatti Nocture''s rim set, and showcasing large air vents on the front hood and fenders! He also stated to me that this new model has been developed by Bugatti and would likely showcase some major engineering changes now that Rolf Frech has arrived at Bentley and who better to help develop the 16C Galibier/ Royale saloon then the 2 men who were responsible for the Porsche Panamera and Cayenne!

Beyond this my sources say that Lamborghini Chairman Stephen Winkelman has been seen at Molsheim alot as of late supposed to tlak about Lamborhgini Racing Programs for the upcoming years! My sources from Italy stated to em that the Lamborghini SSUV will be named the MLC only in concept, its short for Multi-purpose Lamborghini Crossover,( So Mercedes is safe for the MLC nameplate for there SUV coupe X6 competitor) the production name would likely be more bullish then anything else before it! My sources say the conceot is powered by the Gallardo 570-4's 5.2 liter V-10 and would be a true 4 door model! He stated to me that this mdoel would be shown in April offically and though many are now counting the Estoque out, they should not just yet! The world will see this new concept and VAG board will gauge the fan base for both model before 1 is signed off on, not saying that both won't arrive, but they won't arrive at the same time! My sources also stated to me that another reason for his constant visits to Molsheim, has been to gauge the work that both companies are putting into the successor to the Veyron the Aerolithe hypercar which will arrive about 2016 shortly after the arrival of the 16C Galibier/ Royale saloon! My sources stated to me that Bugatti and Lamborghini Engineers have worked closely on this program and are looking to cut weight where possible from the offset of the project! My sources say the engine has been reworked for this new hypercar to improve fuel economy and performence overall! My sources sya the company will continue to modify the W-16 though my sources suggest this engine will be a new engine built by mating 2 of the new Bentley developed twin-turbo V-8's.

More news to come soon enough, as we are set to be at Geneva's Autoshow later this week! Stay tuned for updates directly from the Autoshow! I will likely give a major update sometime this week before I reach Geneva for more news about Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Pagani, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, amoungst others~!!
Any news on performance envelope curve on that one? (Lamborghini Jota) Power to weight ratio? Price?

Last edited by Myfair; 02-28-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 AM

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1044223

Patent filings for the NSX convertible (Avengers car). It does look identical to the one used in that movie.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:55 AM
CSS Veteran

We have finally made it here to geneva and I will reveal somethign major here and NOW! Lamborghini will be revealign a new supercar known as the Unica! According to my sources that are here from Italy, this is the Anniversery Lamborghini model that will take the fight to the Ferrari FX70 hypercar! My sources say that Lamborghini's Chairman tephen Winkelmann has been pushing for a limited production run model fo the lamborghini nameplate and this would be the perfect time to start with a planned successor to the Reventon powered by a extremely race-bred vairent of the Aventador's new 6.5 liter V-12! What better way to challenge Ferrai then with a Raging bull with as mcuha s 800+ BHP! Thought 1 source said this was also the possible everyday Lamborghini, which would be designed a a 2+2 coupe based on a Lamborghini retuned Porsche Panamera chassis with power coming from a Lamborghini engine! According to my sources this engine would likely be a retuned varient of the upcoming Cabrera V-10. The one thing for sure is that it will be a more extemely designed and engineered Lamborghini compared with the Murcielago and Gallardo!

Beyond this my sources say that the Italidesign Brivado concept is in fact the rumored Bugatti Atlantic concept, the company had at the Molsheim Atelier! My sources say this model will be compact and feature a hybrid drivetrain! My sources say this model would likely be shown as a concept first while VAG figures out if they wish to make this model offically a production model!

More news to come, stay tuned from new here in Geneva~!!!