AXIS: Aeres 3
Quimera: Velero (Gen. II) 4
Malsi Alba: Aries 5
Montgomery: Merit 4
Aviva: Pekoe 4
Iota: Truck 3
Old 01-11-2012, 08:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Aeres - 3; Although the design is nice, the proportions are similar to your other drawings. It has a FWD coupe vibe that is nice, but the rendering style kind of dulls the surfaces making the design a little hard to read.

Aries - 5; I don't think there's anything I can really say. Looks good, and the composition shows a lot of your thought process (something I tend not to do).

Merit - 4; The design is nice enough, and obviously well thought out. The composition is also very good.

Truck - 3; The concept is interesting, and I like the bubble canopy.

Velero - 4; Although the render quality is sublime, I don't particularly care for the front fascia. However, I really do enjoy the side surfacing.

Tiago: 3; The design and render is good, but the greenhouse seems illogically small, making visibility be very, very bad.

Last edited by 2o6; 01-16-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: "Elaboration needed"
Old 01-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Design Studio Moderator

Send a message via AIM to AXIS

5 - MALSI ALBA: ARIES
4 - Quimera: Velero (Gen. II)
3 - Zeus: Tiago
3 - Aviva: Pekoe
2 - Montgomery: Merit
2 - Iota: Truck
Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM

Zues-4
AXIS-2
DoMiNo-5
Malsi Alba-4
Montgomery-3
Aviva-3
Old 01-15-2012, 09:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Zeus Tiago - 4
Really well done. The render looks excellent, and it's a pretty design as well. The surfaces seem pretty well thought through, although there are some perspective issues. It might also benefit if more time were spent on the wheels.

AXIS Aeres - 3
A solid design as always, and it's got loads of presence and menace. However - and I've said this before - it would be really nice to see your designs from a new angle. I also think you should try some more complex reflections and perhaps a lighter overall composition, because as it is it's hard to make out what some of the surfaces are doing. And, finally, as I noted in the original thread, the wheel hubs are awkwardly offset and the windshield is out of perspective.

Quimera Velero Gen II - 5
There's little that needs to be said that I haven't said already. I'm still digging the front end; you took a bit of a chance with it, but it paid off. The rendering itself is, of course, stunning, and I like that you experimented with reflections a bit, something I've been meaning to do.

Malsi Alba Aries - 4
It's a superb design, and your sketching technique is similarly accomplished; my only problem is that it's not a new design, just a light revision of an older one. A great design, certainly, but I feel like something truly new would have been more appropriate for the contest.

Aviva Pekoe - 3
You've obviously spent a ton of time on this, and the design is good, as I've said before. However, I do think you should try concentrating on your sketching technique before moving on to 3D modeling.

Iota Truck - 3
It's a very neat basic design; I like the beveling around the windows, and the chassis' race-car-esque body. However it would be nice to see a more detailed sketch, and the line quality could use some cleaning up.

On another note, guys, if you could elaborate on your scores, that would be great. If we're going to give people 1s or 2s, I think they at least deserve an explanation as to why their entry is lacking.

Last edited by SV; 01-15-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Design Studio Moderator

Send a message via AIM to AXIS
Default CMMA 2012 Car of the Year

***VOTING CLOSED***

Thanks to all who participated and took the time out to vote.
Here are the results of the voting:

car-fan: MALSI ALBA ARIES - 23

DoMiNo: Quimera: Velero (Gen. II) - 22
ACcartoons: Zeus Tiago - 14
2o6: Aviva Pekoe - 13
SV: Montgomery Merit - 13
AXIS: AXIS Aeres - 11
ElementW: Iota Truck - 11

Congratulations to car-fan and the MALSI ALBA ARIES for winning the CMMA 2012 Car of the Year
Can't wait to see what exciting products are in store this year from the CMMA!